Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 751

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm annoyed I don't already own the most obvious GOTY ever (though that's more an insult to other games this year) but I'm not close to done with too many games and have been avoiding actually playing games for too long so waiting is not a bad thing...

You and me both. I also just got Tropical Freeze, which deserves the time and attention in its own right, so this just needs to wait. I just hope they keep the promotion up and running.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

jump

Spanjard wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm annoyed I don't already own the most obvious GOTY ever (though that's more an insult to other games this year) but I'm not close to done with too many games and have been avoiding actually playing games for too long so waiting is not a bad thing...

You and me both. I also just got Tropical Freeze, which deserves the time and attention in its own right, so this just needs to wait. I just hope they keep the promotion up and running.

I'm the opposite, I left Tropical Freeze for days/weeks at a time as the difficulty starts annoying me so I need a break away from it and I come back freash and then somehow complete the level on the first try.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

spizzamarozzi

@Pahvi the combos are just combinations of one or two buttons strung together, so there's nothing to learn or remember if you have played action games before. If you want to play just the "basics", you're going to find a couple of combos that work well with your style and stick with them for the whole game, but the fun part comes when you start to experiment with different weapons (different weapons = same button combinations but different actions and feel). So yeah, I guess you could just get into the game and avoid toying too much with the possibilities as long as you learn how to dodge. Getting the dodge timing right is the crucial part because the enemies behave very differently with both projectiles and melee attacks, and you usually confront a variety of different enemies in the same place, so you have to be aware of everything that goes on on the screen - some enemies make sounds before attacking, other times there's a flashing light etc, so you really have to pay attention. Even on normal, the game can be unforgiving at times, especially since there's no way to refill your health beside buying or finding herbs (and even then, you can't buy too many).
As for grinding, I think there's not much grinding going on (?). Enemies don't respawn as far as I've seen, so when you kill them - you kill them. I guess the better you perform, the more halos you get, which allow you to buy new moves, items et al.
I haven't played Hyrule Warriors much but Bayo is a lot more straightforward as I understand it. You can choose to play it as carelessly as you want, with no strategy and no memorization, and you will be rewarded with great action and spectacular sections, but if you toy a bit with the various weapons, moves etc it opens up for a lot of different possibilities. Love using the katana at the moment, it gives the game a totally different feel.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

erv

I finally started playing bayonetta 2 yesterday, and it's all kinds of awesome. I am one of the people who wanted more extravagant, blatant or full on sex and nude in there as it fits the kickassness so well - I actually think it's very tame in that department. It plays and looks great, really well done... and it has that platinum feel and even structure that reminds me of the wonderful 101, which is a good thing in all accounts.

Gotta say I need to rewire my brain from pressing b to dodge in hyrule warriors to pressing the zr trigger, as well not building the combos with the y button lol

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Captain05crunch

@mamp Welcome to the club! I vowed to never step foot in a Gamestop ever again after they screwed up both mine and my brother's Windwaker HD special edition preorders. This was after they had already screwed me over multiple times in the past. Why would I have gone into the store the day the special edition was announced and preorder a regular edition? Eventually, after complaining and filling out a survey and such, we got our special editions (dat Ganondorf figure), but that will definitely be the last time I buy anything from that terrible place. The funny thing is that the same (expletive) employee was there when we finally picked up our special editions and she was acting all friendly the second time, after telling us we were wrong the first time. I thought the customer was always right in retail?

Captain05crunch

CanisWolfred

Captain05crunch wrote:

I thought the customer was always right in retail?

Actually, according to my handbook, the first rule is "The customer is not always right, but you still must do your best to please them, within reason..."

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

I have only played 3 levels of the first Bayonetta and so far I find the visuals very muddy compared to Baynoetta 2. It is kinda difficult to see what is going on. I hope later levels become more clear and colorful

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Henmii

So far I really like it! The action is awesome, with great graphics and music. And its also very absurd. I have only played a small part of the original so far, but that one is a lot darker.

Henmii

whodatninja

Up to chapter 4 in Bayonetta 1 and i'm impressed by how good it looks for a 2010 game! The character models look amazing and the action is great! It reminds me so much of CLASSIC Devil May Cry

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

luisesteban

The game is amazing, so far the first fight against the Lumen es epic.

luisesteban

spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi wrote:

As for grinding, I think there's not much grinding going on (?). Enemies don't respawn as far as I've seen, so when you kill them - you kill them. I guess the better you perform, the more halos you get, which allow you to buy new moves, items et al.

oops, I got it wrong - you can go back to each chapter and try to improve your scores and get more halos - which in practice IS grinding. But it's not required at all, so you can just play and never look back.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

dkxcalibur

I'm sure someone already posted this, and I apologize if someone did, but can someone tell me how long both games take? Also, is playing through the first game necessary for the story arc?

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

jump

dkxcalibur wrote:

I'm sure someone already posted this, and I apologize if someone did, but can someone tell me how long both games take? Also, is playing through the first game necessary for the story arc?

They are about 15 hours and yeah it's better to play the first game first.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SilentHunter382

I got my special edition yesterday and loving bayonetta so far (My brother got it on the 360 but I didn't bother to play it and decided to get the bundle as it was cheaper for me to get it online then bayonetta 2 on its own in-store). My only gripe with it is the massive USK logo on the box art. :<

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Dave24

dkxcalibur wrote:

It's not necessary, but it helps getting some jokes and nods to original and you will appreciate the second game even more. Considering that the first one is awesome game too, you have nothing to loose. The first one can easly take from 10 to 15 hrs max on your first playthrough.

Bayonetta U port should get at least 9 or even a 10 as far as ports are concerned - not only they fixed the biggest problems of previous version (like framerate and QTE, you have much more time to react than on360/PS3) but also locked 60FPS with barely any drops (maybe 2 cutscenes, unlike previously, where, for example, going under Vigrid with pools of lava was screwing up), made it much more colorful, textures are realy high-res, and there is different, better shadowing and some other effects that were impossible to get working on 360/PS3. I mean, when someone says it looks outdated, should just be quiet and check their eyes and brain. And not only that, they actually spiced up gameplay a little and added outfits. Now that's what you call HD remake, not some lazy crap like Ubisoft or Square did with HD collections or whatever they are called. Game has it's problems, like rehashing bosses all the time (just like DMC4...), but considering the not so big budget they've got for it, they still managed to do a lot with this game.

Anyone wondering why Bayonetta 2 has 2 or even 3 times more content than original and looking overall better - it's because Nintendo threw in their money.

Dave24

WebHead

Both games are awesome. Bayo2 might be my GOTY.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

This game is up to 17 perfect scores now. Its pretty much going to be stuck to a nice 91 overall score. Definitely game of the year contender and possibly front runner. It's toughest competition might come from Smash but only time will tell.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

dkxcalibur wrote:

The first one took me 10 hours to complete, and the second one took me eight hours only because I wanted to see the story and not explore, via exploring and unlocking everything my Bayo 2 playtime is at 14+hours. Although most would say that you don't need to play Bayonetta 1 to understand the sequel I personally understood alot from playing the first game, had I jumped into the second game some things would not have made any sense to me at all so I'm glad I played through them in order. But thats my personal experience with the game's storyline at least.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

dkxcalibur

Thanks guys, I started playing the original Bayonetta last night after you recommended that I start with the first. I only had enough time to play through the prologue, and I had a little difficulty at the end of the prologue getting off the 3 torture attacks in the time allotment. I had to try it a few times! I really like the characters so far.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Ryu_Niiyama

Just finished 2 last night. I adore the mythos for the Bayonetta universe. It will be a bit before I replay for pure platinum and to unlock everything since I need to work on my towering backlog. But I absolutely adored that game. 9.8/10

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.