Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 751

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have no idea what post you're talking about, but I just lost about 20 minutes reading about webcomics I never heard of. Yay.

...kinda wanna go back since I got nothing else going on in my world right now...

I could be working on essays that need to get done right now. But here I am reading stuff about a game with a witch that summons demons with her hair. And random linked web comics.

Shortpacked is surprisingly entertaining. Actually, the creators have had a bunch of comics apparently. This'll keep me busy for a while...

...oh Right Bayonetta! Erm, demo seems pretty...well, the title card at least...it's kinda still downloading...

Right, right, Bayonetta! That eShop banner is nice.

Captain_Toad

Saw a commercial on Adult swim earlier. Heh, this outta be glorious.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

jariw

This part from the GameTrailers review:

"Much like the character herself, the way Bayonetta 2 handles unlockables is surprisingly unconventional. There are so many outfits and weapons that can be earned, with none of them hidden behind pre-order bonuses or DLC. As if that weren’t enough, the game comes with an enhanced version of the original Bayonetta. Rarely are we so rewarded for a purchase. If only this were the norm instead of the exception."

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/kx01we/bayonetta-2-review

Of course, the Bayonetta 1+2 is a great deal with lots of value in it, but doesn't it sound like the reviewer is comparing it with non-Wii U games?

jariw

CaviarMeths

jariw wrote:

"Much like the character herself, the way Bayonetta 2 handles unlockables is surprisingly unconventional. There are so many outfits and weapons that can be earned, with none of them hidden behind pre-order bonuses or DLC. As if that weren’t enough, the game comes with an enhanced version of the original Bayonetta. Rarely are we so rewarded for a purchase. If only this were the norm instead of the exception."

Of course, the Bayonetta 1+2 is a great deal with lots of value in it, but doesn't it sound like the reviewer is comparing it with non-Wii U games?

I suppose, but it's done in a relevant way. First, he compares Bayo 2 favorably to Bayo 1, saying that what worked was kept, what didn't was either polished or trimmed, and the experience as a whole is more refined and complete than the original game as a result. It's a better game than the first, in the reviewer's opinion, which I think is relevant to the potential buyer.

Second, the paragraph you quoted sounds like he's just musing on the poor state of the industry and that Bayo 2's massive value is a breath of fresh air. I think this is also relevant to the potential buyer. It's sure relevant to me.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

So since I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) plan on playing the first game...first, I was wondering if I should make a separate Bayonetta 1 thread? Or should I just leave all the discussion for both in one thread?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So since I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) plan on playing the first game...first, I was wondering if I should make a separate Bayonetta 1 thread? Or should I just leave all the discussion for both in one thread?

Nah... Bayonetta 1 can be discussed here too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

jariw wrote:

Almost like how Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to the Xbox One without any Kingdom Hearts games getting the Xbox One beforehand....

Master of the Hype Train

Spoony_Tech

I didn't even realize there wasn't a thread for the first game yet.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MrGawain

Here's a question for you all: Seeing were going to get a magnificent game in Bayonetta 2, would it have been as good a game if it had been multi plat?

A. Games tend to be better when they're developed for the framework of one system.
B. Nintendo probably didn't have a strict deadline on the game like 3rd party publishers do, and wanted the best product- probably advising Platinum to improve certain things.
C. After being turned down by SEGA to make this a PS/XB game, Platinum probably had a point to prove to make a very slick product.
D. Nintendo have allowed their IP in the game, and what doesn't make a game better than Star Fox and Metroid costumes?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

jump

MrGawain wrote:

Here's a question for you all: Seeing were going to get a magnificent game in Bayonetta 2, would it have been as good a game if it had been multi plat?

D. Nintendo have allowed their IP in the game, and what doesn't make a game better than Star Fox and Metroid costumes?

Tekken, Sonic, Rayman and Scribblenauts did the same thing though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MrGawain

arronishere wrote:

MrGawain wrote:

Tekken, Sonic, Rayman and Scribblenauts did the same thing though.

Nope, they had Mario and Zelda costumes. They would have been FAAAARRRR better games with Metroid and Star Fox costumes.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Blast

MrGawain wrote:

A. Games tend to be better when they're developed for the framework of one system.
B. Nintendo probably didn't have a strict deadline on the game like 3rd party publishers do, and wanted the best product- probably advising Platinum to improve certain things.
C. After being turned down by SEGA to make this a PS/XB game, Platinum probably had a point to prove to make a very slick product.

If this game was multiplatform... Bayonetta 1 wouldn't be included, there wouldn't be Nintendo costumes, and it wouldn't even be hitting Wii U at all. So yeah... Exclusive games benefit from many things.

Master of the Hype Train

rdenton85

preordered. cannot wait til fri. amazon may be kind and get it here earlier

MY FC for Pokémon X (Ruby in a few months) and Animal Crossing is 3995 - 6606 - 5114

Always happy to do some online.

CanisWolfred

MrGawain wrote:

It wouldn't have existed, so I'd say that's a solid yes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Here's something fun! A year ago this was at best only barely on my anticipated games lineup, now it's pretty much only behind Xenoblade Chronicles X and Smash U in that regard (undecided on No Man's Sky and to a lesser extent the new Zelda).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

Tied for best reviewed new game of 2014 with Dark Souls 2. That's gotta be worth something.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

andreoni79

She's already here! EU double cases!
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Spoony_Tech

Lol, why is the first game rated 18 and the second one only 16. From what I've heard the second one is even more over the top. Maybe Ots the short hair!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.