Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 751

Ryu_Niiyama

huh. I have every game on the WiiU list (bayo is preordered). No wonder I've been unable to turn my WiiU off!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

dumedum

@ VoodooTrumpet That's a nice list, thanks

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jariw

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

MetaCritic Scores over 75 for console exclusives:

Wii U:

Super Mario 3D World [93]
Bayonetta 2 [91]
Mario Kart 8 [88]
Pikmin 3 [87]
New Super Mario Bros. U [84]
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [83]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [82]
LEGO City Undercover [80]
The Wonderful 101 [78]
Nintendo Land [77]
ZombiU [77]
New Super Luigi U [77]
Hyrule Warriors [75]

Xbox One:
Forza Horizon 2 [85]
Forza Motorsport 5 [79]

PS4:
inFamous: Second Son [80]

In addition to the retail releases, there's also:

Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails [79]
XType Plus [75]

And there's also Pushmo World at [80], which is a bit different to Pushmo on the 3DS. It's Nintendo exclusive at least.

Everyone who like a good gaming challenge should at least get Scram Kitty. It also got an update just now, that among other things fixed the bug that seemed to reduced its review score in the NL review.

jariw

VoodooTrumpet

jariw wrote:

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

MetaCritic Scores over 75 for console exclusives:

Wii U:

Super Mario 3D World [93]
Bayonetta 2 [91]
Mario Kart 8 [88]
Pikmin 3 [87]
New Super Mario Bros. U [84]
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [83]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [82]
LEGO City Undercover [80]
The Wonderful 101 [78]
Nintendo Land [77]
ZombiU [77]
New Super Luigi U [77]
Hyrule Warriors [75]

Xbox One:
Forza Horizon 2 [85]
Forza Motorsport 5 [79]

PS4:
inFamous: Second Son [80]

In addition to the retail releases, there's also:

Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails [79]
XType Plus [75]

And there's also Pushmo World at [80], which is a bit different to Pushmo on the 3DS. It's Nintendo exclusive at least.

Everyone who like a good gaming challenge should at least get Scram Kitty. It also got an update just now, that among other things fixed the bug that seemed to reduced its review score in the NL review.

Good point!

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

CanisWolfred

jariw wrote:

IIRC, that wasn't the only problem they had with the game...

In fact, the more I read, the more I want to stay away from that game. TV secondary by default with messeges popping up that block the screen? No thanks...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

...Annnnd my computer speakers are crapping out on me...lovely, guess no Bayonetta for me this month. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jariw

CanisWolfred wrote:

jariw wrote:

In fact, the more I read, the more I want to stay away from that game. TV secondary by default with messeges popping up that block the screen? No thanks...

..which is fixed by pressing a button on the Gamepad to make the TV the primary display? The reviewer really tried hard to tell everyone how hard it was to press the '-' button to switch view modes. It's still one of the most unfair reviews I've read on NL.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

jariw wrote:

..which is fixed by pressing a button on the Gamepad to make the TV the primary display? The reviewer really tried hard to tell everyone how hard it was to press the '-' button to switch view modes. It's still one of the most unfair reviews I've read on NL.

I think it looks decent enough for a purchase. I missed the last sale but I won't miss the next one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Because nowhere in the game did it tell you...anything. That's not the only review that complained about how little it bothers to teach even the basics. It'd be fine if the game was simple and only required 2 buttons, but it doesn't. It's too complex to get away with that. In fact, the main reason I'm staying away from the game is that it desperately wants to be an arcade-style game, but doesn't seem like it...really is an arcade style game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

unrandomsam

Its not that bad once you realise how it works.

The first time you have to get two cats I spent ages trying kill the thing that appears and disappears before it disappeared once but you don't need to do that.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

jariw

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because nowhere in the game did it tell you...anything. That's not the only review that complained about how little it bothers to teach even the basics. It'd be fine if the game was simple and only required 2 buttons, but it doesn't. It's too complex to get away with that. In fact, the main reason I'm staying away from the game is that it desperately wants to be an arcade-style game, but doesn't seem like it...really is an arcade style game.

In Scram Kitty, it's 2 buttons for the gameplay: Jump and shoot. And move along the rails with the stick or D-pad. Nothing else, but practice is required (specially for controlled fire jump). The main issues I can see players have with the game is that the game doesn't try to be like all other games, and that it include some practice levels before the main game. I can understand that some people don't like challenges or practice to be able to succeed in a game, but these players should probably stay away from both Scram Kitty and Bayonetta 2.

jariw

Jazzer94

CanisWolfred wrote:

This really is true, the game sucks at explaining things though it is still really good.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Dreamz

Jazzer94 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This really is true, the game sucks at explaining things though it is still really good.

Is this really a bad thing? Most games explain WAY too much, treating the player like they're either brain dead or have never played a video game before (Nintendo games especially are notoriously bad about this).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

It's bad in that the worst parts of the game are arguably the first hour, which is never a good idea and-

....why are we talking a random indie title in the Bayonetta thread again?

Oh thank god.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

So looks like I missed all the discussion but everything I would have said was already said anyways. Seems Bayonetta 2 is suffering from the same knee jerk reaction of 1 "being too sexual." Which is dumb for a variety of reasons but moreso for me because it's a "...what did you expect?" Type situation. Most of the sexualization is parody anyways and comes from her character. None of it so in your face or offensive that it feels like they're objectifying women. If anything the opposite. Bayonetta is a strong female lead.
The other complains are whatever in my opinion. Too similar. Sure the core gameplay doesn't seem too changed up but it didn't need to be and they're adding in a lot else in this sequel. I'm very excited for this and will try to get it as soon as I can.

CanisWolfred

Oh wow, I thought Retro got Modified before I realized I had left the pointer near his avatar...which I somehow thought was a shield...

...anyways, It finally occured to me that my Gamepad is charged finally, so I guess I'll play the demo soonish...seriously need a better battery, man...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh wow, I thought Retro got Modified before I realized I had left the pointer near his avatar...which I somehow thought was a shield...

...anyways, It finally occured to me that my Gamepad is charged finally, so I guess I'll play the demo soonish...seriously need a better battery, man...

Hah! I wish. That'd be fun. Or not.
I really should download the demo too. I'm surprised I haven't yet.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I dont want this to be a big discussion as I don't need another internet gaming related headache but there was this fantastic post on Neogaf for those interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134119343#post13...

"I will absolutely say that Jeanne getting demon [something I probably am not allowed to paste on Nlife] while be dragged to hell was cheap and crap, though. What the hell, Platinum?"
Whoa. That happens in the demo? Is this guy exaggerating? Because I'm pretty sure that scene of her soul being dragged away has been shown multiple times in trailers and no one ever called that out.
EDIT: Oh I see it now. Never noticed that, that guy has really good vision. I'd say kind of exaggerating. Hand hardly moves.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred

I have no idea what post you're talking about, but I just lost about 20 minutes reading about webcomics I never heard of. Yay.

...kinda wanna go back since I got nothing else going on in my world right now...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have no idea what post you're talking about, but I just lost about 20 minutes reading about webcomics I never heard of. Yay.

...kinda wanna go back since I got nothing else going on in my world right now...

I could be working on essays that need to get done right now. But here I am reading stuff about a game with a witch that summons demons with her hair. And random linked web comics.

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I could be working on essays that need to get done right now. But here I am reading stuff about a game with a witch that summons demons with her hair. And random linked web comics.

Shortpacked is surprisingly entertaining. Actually, the creators have had a bunch of comics apparently. This'll keep me busy for a while...

...oh Right Bayonetta! Erm, demo seems pretty...well, the title card at least...it's kinda still downloading...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.