Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 751

Storytime7

I can't believe people in this thread are complaining about reviews which aren't even that negative when nearly every single one has said great things about this game. Were you guys expecting a metascore above 95 or something?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

kkslider5552000

Storytime7 wrote:

I can't believe people in this thread are complaining about reviews which aren't even that negative when nearly every single one has said great things about this game. Were you guys expecting a metascore above 95 or something?

I do agree that the reactions are unnecessary (seriously, I didn't complain much when someone gave Muramasa a 3), but most of the people who complain about this stuff tend to be dudes who haven't the slightest clue about what they're talking about. I genuinely think they don't know that some women appreciate this series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Prof_Clayton

Storytime7 wrote:

It's just the ignorance of the reviewers that's getting to everyone. Bayo 2 is a game that takes femininity in a positive way, especially in Japan (where it was made, an important point) and they have different views on the matter. Then they go and say things like "She's too sexualized" and don't actually prove ot to be true. Because they can't. They just repeat the fact over and over and over, and give it a low score because of it. Polygon's review alone focuses almost 50% on this one fact. And honestly, it shouldn't even be an issue, but for some reason it gets in the way of them seemingly enjoying the game at all.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Blast

Storytime7 wrote:

What are you even talking about? Us Wii U owners are proud this game is getting high reviews. Heck, its getting scored higher than the big multiplatform games that skipped the Wii U. We just don't like how some reviews is calling Bayonetta 2 sexist and other stupid crap. Its uncalled for. There are WAYYY WORSE fanservice out there. Bayonetta is nothing even super extreme.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

There are apparently a couple of reviews that go into actual reasons beyond "sexual = bad" like it's a simple math equation, but I'm a bit worried it might hurt my experience if those actually have valid points so I'll read them afterwards.

I dont want this to be a big discussion as I don't need another internet gaming related headache but there was this fantastic post on Neogaf for those interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134119343#post13...

sub12

Gaming fabricates male images just as much as females (see Kratos vs Bayonetta), it's just the societal norm that females are portrayed in a more sexualized manner, while men are muscle bound freaks or the dark and sophisticated type.

Either way, when the hell did everybody become so PC about not offending anybody or anyone at anytime? It's like the new trend of the 2010's, watch out for the morality police.

sub12

sub12

Might as well just play Tetris from now (except without the Russian music, it might offend someone).

sub12

CanisWolfred

brewsky wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

"The combat system and its shop-bought upgrades are there to be explored, but if you prefer to disengage your brain when you play an action game, you will get frustrated quickly." — Gamesradar

Good lord, you have got to be kidding me! Let's just mindlessly play while the game wins by itself.

To be fair, there's a surprisingly big audience for mindless action games. They're the guys who play the Warriors games and even the later God of War games. That one was actually a fair point to warn those people away from this game, since they're probably not gonna like it.

....not that I think they'd even look in Bayonetta 2's general direction, but still...sometimes it good to keep your bases covered.

Also to be fair, GamesRadar gave it an 80% and their only other major complaint was the same as Digital Spy's - it didn't deviate enough from Bayonetta 1's formula.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Storytime7

Blast wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

What are you even talking about? Us Wii U owners are proud this game is getting high reviews.

Read a few posts back. Several people were dismissing reviews that had anything negative to say about the game. I was just calling out those posts as being ridiculous because of how much praise this game has received from most reviewers.

Storytime7

kkslider5552000

I'm honestly not annoyed at the controversy beyond the reasons I've said. There have been several games that only found an audience here lately for similar controversy, so I'm not gonna complain. Free publicity.

CanisWolfred

Storytime7 wrote:

...while I can't speak for others, I actually only pointed them out simply because I think a "negative review whose view I can't take seriously" is more valuable information to me than somebody splooging all over the page.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

As someone who's still waiting to get hold of a Wii U, these review scores have come as a huge surprise. This pretty much puts Bayonetta 2 as one of the best action games of all time, apparently. I think only God Of War and Devil May Cry have better critic averages. Lets hope it leads to great sales!!

Faruko wrote:

The polygon review has to be one of the worst things ever... its just a facepalm of epic proportions

Lol, does anyone really consider Polygon to be an actual game review site though? Lets be honest, polygon is a site that's almost entirely about social justice campaigning. I don't necessarily disagree with their general concerns, but when you get a group of people together who all believe in the same thing, you get a kind of echo chamber of stupidity. They brought up the sexualisation issue in their Child of Light review........just to point out that there wasn't any. They might as well just have a little window on each page reminding you of their agenda.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Storytime7

Dezzy wrote:

This pretty much puts Bayonetta 2 as one of the best action games of all time, apparently. I think only God Of War and Devil May Cry have better critic averages.

Ninja Gaiden Black also has a better critic average.

Storytime7

Dezzy

Oh right, hadn't actually heard of that! Lol, shame it's almost impossible to play original Xbox games without the console itself.

(btw, Radiant Historia is awesome! Best game on the DS)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

Faruko wrote:

The polygon review has to be one of the worst things ever... its just a facepalm of epic proportions

Lol, does anyone really consider Polygon to be an actual game review site though? Lets be honest, polygon is a site that's almost entirely about social justice campaigning. I don't necessarily disagree with their general concerns, but when you get a group of people together who all believe in the same thing, you get a kind of echo chamber of stupidity. They brought up the sexualisation issue in their Child of Light review........just to point out that there wasn't any. They might as well just have a little window on each page reminding you of their agenda.

That Polygon review seems to be discussed all over the 'net. At NeoGAF, some people seem to suggest that the Polygon review score is about something else, comparing it with the GTA V review which got 9.5 (and the way that review was written).

jariw

jump

Not sure it's been mentioned already but Bayonetta is trendng at number 1 on twitter. #Bayonetta2

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There are apparently a couple of reviews that go into actual reasons beyond "sexual = bad" like it's a simple math equation, but I'm a bit worried it might hurt my experience if those actually have valid points so I'll read them afterwards.

I dont want this to be a big discussion as I don't need another internet gaming related headache but there was this fantastic post on Neogaf for those interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134119343#post13...

That post was nail on the head, even shows like Buffy/Veronica Mars which were stamped with pro-feminist suffered the same fate of women can't enjoy sex/sexuallity.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Excellent perspective. Very interesting observation on how the camera respects Bayo's emotions over going for cheap fanservice-y shots. The camera only focuses on her sexuality when Bayo wants the be sexualized, and that's really the core of her character.

The problem with Polygon's review is that it takes the (incorrect) stance that Bayonetta is sexist simply because she is a sexual being. There's too many SJWs believing that all females are dainty prudes who think sex is yucky and femininity = innocence and submissiveness.

Shame no one on gaf is going to bother reading it though. All those words.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Punished_Boss_84

So this is a thing.
http://n4g.com/news/1603794/bayonetta-2-receives-new-north-am...

You could trying go through the website, but the ads

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

VoodooTrumpet

MetaCritic Scores over 75 for console exclusives:

Wii U:

Super Mario 3D World [93]
Bayonetta 2 [91]
Mario Kart 8 [88]
Pikmin 3 [87]
New Super Mario Bros. U [84]
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [83]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [82]
LEGO City Undercover [80]
The Wonderful 101 [78]
Nintendo Land [77]
ZombiU [77]
New Super Luigi U [77]
Hyrule Warriors [75]

Xbox One:
Forza Horizon 2 [85]
Forza Motorsport 5 [79]

PS4:
inFamous: Second Son [80]

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.