Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 751

CaviarMeths

Yeah, those reviews are incredible. It's possibly a GOTY contender.

Most shocking is perhaps Gamespot's perfect 10/10 score. This is only the 8th game in Gamespot's publication history to get a 10, and the first since Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2010.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So apparently the only other games to get higher than a 90 on Wii U were Rayman Legends and Super Mario 3D World. A good thing to consider. I mean, I don't like using Metacritic as the be-all, end-all, but that makes a lot of sense to me.

I think Metacritic scores (and getting positive reviews in general) work best for games where the gameplay objective is clear from the start and the rewards for playing the game arrive early. A game such as Hyrule Warriors will not get a high Metacritic scores OTOH, since the true values and the depths of the game are whown after many hours of gameplay.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Dreamz

The breakdown at the end was the best part of the Gamespot review.

The Good

• Stunningly deep, yet accessible combat system
  • Outrageous boss battles
  • Relentless, action-packed pacing
  • Gorgeous visuals and character design
  • A bevy of unlockables, challenges, and secrets to uncover

The Bad

• The sad realisation that future action games may never top this

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LegatoSkyheart

Every...one of you.....Get this game.

I mean it.

LegatoSkyheart

kkslider5552000

the only problem with this game is that I have to wait 11 days to play it, it seems

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

It seems the game at the very least will hold on to a 90% I'm hoping it will move up to a 92% personally. I'm also hoping other system owners take notice! This could help move systems in the west if marketed right but who am I kidding!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Faruko

CANT. FREAKING. WAIT

The Bad

The sad realisation that future action games may never top this

EPIC

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CrimsonFire

Is the sexual content of these 2 games just teases, or is it really bad? I'm all right with teases, just not when it gets too far.

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Spoony_Tech

CrimsonFire wrote:

Is the sexual content of these 2 games just teases, or is it really bad? I'm all right with teases, just not when it gets too far.

I think the demo will be pretty much what you will see. If it's too much then skip it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

CrimsonFire wrote:

The general opinion from what I understand is that the first game was a mix between over-the-top to the point of intentional parody of sexual content with some "you can only see this because I, the woman in question, wants you to" attitude, and the second game is similar but downplays it past the beginning. And most of it seems to be in the cutscenes. So a very YMMV when it comes to if that's ok with a person or not.

It's kinda interesting and I hope it goes the Kill la Kill direction.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred

I read a few of the <85% reviews, and I actually could not find one that didn't feel like they were trying way too hard to find things they didn't like.

"It felt too much like a last gen game" — Game Revolution

"I won't guess why the blatant over-sexualization is still there, often more intensely than before. But it causes an otherwise great game to require a much bigger mental compromise to enjoy." — Polygon

"It didn't deviate enough from the original" — Digital Spy

"The combat system and its shop-bought upgrades are there to be explored, but if you prefer to disengage your brain when you play an action game, you will get frustrated quickly." — Gamesradar

^Seriously, if these were their biggest complaints, I know I have nothing to worry about. Not to say they aren't things that shouldn't be worth mentioning, of course, I'm just saying, if anything, their "not-praising-it-to-the-sun" reviews actually got me more hyped than the ones that gave it a perfect score. XD

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

...IGN gave it a 9.5 with no negative points...surprising...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

"The combat system and its shop-bought upgrades are there to be explored, but if you prefer to disengage your brain when you play an action game, you will get frustrated quickly." — Gamesradar

Good lord, you have got to be kidding me! Let's just mindlessly play while the game wins by itself.

Also: "It didn't deviate enough from the original" - Every Call of Duty game in existence.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

I seen one review complain it didn't have local multiplayer. If I read that right that's just odd as it's usually the other way around and they always complain why no online multiplayer.

MERG said:

kkslider5552000

brewsky wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Good lord, you have got to be kidding me! Let's just mindlessly play while the game wins by itself.

Also: "It didn't deviate enough from the original" - Every Call of Duty game in existence.

"Mommy, the game made me pay attention again. "

also we literally got our mindless action game last month anyway so...

as I've started playing Darksiders, that means in the next month I'm gonna be playing
A. A Zelda-like hack and slash
B. A hack and slash Zelda game and
C. A hack and slash where you can cosplay as Link

That wasn't intentional, that's just how it worked out.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Ralizah

I'll never understand why the sexuality Bayonetta exudes offends people. This is not objectification. This is a powerful, confident woman totally owning her sexuality and feeling not a bit of shame about her body. I get a totally different vibe from Bayonetta than I do from pretty much every fanservice game out there.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

I'll never understand why the sexuality Bayonetta exudes offends people. This is not objectification. This is a powerful, confident woman totally owning her sexuality and feeling not a bit of shame about her body. I get a totally different vibe from Bayonetta than I do from pretty much every fanservice game out there.

EXACTLY!!!! This isn't some creepy game or anime where its oversexualied young anime girls! Bayonetta is a freaking courageous woman.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Faruko

The polygon review has to be one of the worst things ever... its just a facepalm of epic proportions

and who cares about gamesradar reviews lol they suck, you only go there for the Top X or features

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.