Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 751

jump

Loved the demo and I'm quite surprised at how well the touch screen controls work.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

I don't even need to play the demo, i'm already 100% getting the game. But i did download it anyway to let Nintendo know that i want more demos on Eshop!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Olliemar28

arronishere wrote:

Loved the demo and I'm quite surprised at how well the touch screen controls work.

I can't bring myself to try out the touch screen controls. Buttons just feel 'right' with a game like this.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

MsJubilee

I played the demo,wow it's amazing i wish wonderful 101 got a demo like this.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

Stryker89 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

I can't bring myself to try out the touch screen controls. Buttons just feel 'right' with a game like this.

I'm with you. If I want to play a game with all touch screen controls I'll go play Spririt Tracks of Phantom Hour Glass!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

Stryker89 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

I played with the touch controls at E3 2013. I found them to be easier than the buttons so if people are interested in the game but may not be good enough the touch screen controls will probably be for them

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Captain_Toad

Heh, I could pretty much conclude that the demo was a success?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

OorWullie

Lets hope this demo along with some stellar reviews and high metacritic average (no doubt dragged down by some numpty called Quarter to 3) helps increase sales by a decent amout.Without an enjoyable demo I'm sure it would have struggled otherwise.Is the demo unlimted play?

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

YuuMonMu

I spent a good amount of time just in the combo tutorial trying out the moves. Finally got that punch, punch, kick, โ—waitโ— kick, kick, combo right. The game ran so smooth too, and I was smiling through the whole thing going: "Awesome!"

I'm surprised they let us play that much for a demo, fighting mooks, and two bosses. They really wanted to show what the game has to offer. I died 3x during my first play, and went back and did a lot better, getting two silvers and a gold. So yeah, can't wait for this beautiful game.

Edited on by YuuMonMu

YuuMonMu

Captain_Toad

OorWullie wrote:

Lets hope this demo along with some stellar reviews and high metacritic average (no doubt dragged down by some numpty called Quarter to 3) helps increase sales by a decent amout.Without an enjoyable demo I'm sure it would have struggled otherwise.Is the demo unlimted play?

15 uses, and that's it.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

renaryuugufan92

So Bayonetta 2 is 17.5GB in size and $49.99 when you purchase bayo 1 after this the first game will be $9.99.
However, I noticed that Bayo 1 is on the eshop under the future releases panel as $29.99 so just a heads up, download it after bayo 2 so you get the discount, a no brainer really i know but still, also according to the eshop, Bayo 1 is 14+GB~

Might I say this demo was really good abiet a bit short, the button controls feel really nice and the touch screen controls honestly make the game a bit too easy but for a quick go before rushing off to college classes the touch screen controls are perfect for that "quick burst" of gameplay.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Blast

The demo was great and alotta fun! Devil's 3rd needs a demo very similar to Bayo 2`s demo!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

That demo tho...

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

The demo was fun, length is probably a bit too short (maybe adding chapter 1 as well would've been enough) but very action packed nevertheless. The only thing that bothers me is with the Hyrule Warriors DLC coming only a week earlier, I will probably easily get distracted from playing Bayonetta.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I personally don't need a demo. I was gonna get this game, almost no matter what. But as long as it doesn't cause people to not get the game like Wonderful 101's demo, I'm glad it exists.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

luisesteban

Now I don't know if buy physical copy or download the games.

luisesteban

rjejr

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

So Bayonetta 2 is 17.5GB in size and $49.99 when you purchase bayo 1 after this the first game will be $9.99.
However, I noticed that Bayo 1 is on the eshop under the future releases panel as $29.99 so just a heads up, download it after bayo 2 so you get the discount, a no brainer really i know but still, also according to the eshop, Bayo 1 is 14+GB~

I think that's worth repeating, too bad B1 doesn't come out sooner, but I guess they had to wait for the disc version w/ both games to release? About 32GB total to DL makes me think disc is the better option anyway.

Oh, a little clarification or elaboration on what you said, the eShop makes it 's sound like if you buy B1 first you get a discount when you buy B2 so both would still total $59.98 so it doesn't matter which you buy first. B1 $29.99 + B2 $29.99 or B2 $49.99 + B1 $9.99 either way it's $59.98.

Tried playing the demo with touch controls, makes no sense while playing on the tv, maybe for off tv play. It did seem easier w/ Touch controls turned on though as I played with Touch turned on but still used the buttons and hardly lost any health and crushed everyone. Turned off Touch and took another beating. And what's up w/ "Stone"? I got silver - stone - silver while I was crushing it and bronze - stone- bronze while I was getting crushed, what s up w/ that middle train section?

@jariw - I went thru the 4 different control options, A, B, C, and D but I think they only rotated the shoulder buttons around, A,B, X and Y all stayed the same. I did spend some more time in tutorial to get my mind and fingers right and it went better. Hope it doesn't screw up HW now

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Spoony_Tech

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/bayonetta-2

Eurogamer Italy 9/10. Looking hood so far!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Seems like the embargo is lifted on Bayonetta 2 today. I guess it ends up in the 91-93 % range on Metacritic in the end.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

kkslider5552000

So apparently the only other games to get higher than a 90 on Wii U were Rayman Legends and Super Mario 3D World. A good thing to consider. I mean, I don't like using Metacritic as the be-all, end-all, but that makes a lot of sense to me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.