Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 751

Spoony_Tech

Wait a second, this is only 50$ on the eshop? Is that also retail too? Plus if you dl 2 do we get one for free here in the states? I didn't know it was going to be a 50$ game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Dl'ing demo now! It has also arrived in NA!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

19Robb92

This demo is sooooo good! And it looks absolutely amazing!

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

vonboy89

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Wait a second, this is only 50$ on the eshop? Is that also retail too? Plus if you dl 2 do we get one for free here in the states? I didn't know it was going to be a 50$ game.

I think on the Beyonetta 2 Direct, they said on the Eshop, the two gamesare seperate. You pay 50 bucks for one of the Beyonettas, then you get the other one for 10 bucks.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Yoshi

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It's $49.99 on the eShop, but if you buy that, then Bayonetta 1 will be $9.99 instead of free for a total of $59.98. Retail will cost $59.99.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

19Robb92

Pigeon wrote:

Just played through the demo. Mixed feelings. Was basically button mashing 95% of the time with no skill other than pressing the dodge button from time to time.

What ranks/medals were you rewarded?

The whole aim is to get good and play good. You'll get punished for doing poorly by getting crappy reward, like a bronze medal. I managed to go through the demo with silver on every ranked session. I've played it 4 times now and have only gotten gold once Seems pretty hard.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

jariw

Really nice demo! Great to be able to focus on training on those combos before the game comes out.

jariw

LucinaSmash

Thankfully Platinum Games didn't make the same mistake with The Wonderful 101 demo, which is not featuring a boss battle. It's nice that the demo includes two weapon types to try out. I also experimented with the touch controls option, it works for those who don't want to study the combo system.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Spoony_Tech

Now that makes sense, thanks for the clarification guys!

MERG said:

Yoshi

I got bronze, bronze, and...stone on my first play through. I died because I failed a QTE during the last boss.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Octane

I just played about 15 minutes of the demo. I had to quit.. So I could pre-order the Special Edition. I'm not going to spoil myself too much, but it looked decent, and the gameplay was good, that's all I needed to know.

Octane

Olliemar28

The demo was amazing. Really smooth gameplay, beautiful visuals and incredible bosses. Yeah, bosses, plural! Can't wait for the full game.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I'm glad the demo went well, unlike the last...3 times Nintendo released a demo to a game they just published (maybe that's not on Nintendo, I dunno).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MoogleMuffins

I just played the demo.

Surprisingly the game pad feels really comfortable to use for this kind of game.

In short, it was a lot of fun, looked great and performed well, if I wasn't hyped before. I am now.

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Octane

Pahvi wrote:

@Octane - my daily log shows 16 minutes in the game and I finished the demo once. It's a part of the prologue, I believe, since I think that was the name of the "level" given at the end.

I died about three times... while I was eating, that big sword caught me off guard every single time.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

rjejr

I'm pretty sure this demo is the prettiest thing I've seen on the Wii U, really impressed. Nobody - not even the most causal gamer - is going to confuse it w/ any Wii game. HW in Sept, B2 in Oct, and SSB U in Nov is a nice line-up for action game fans this holiday.

Did anybody else have a problem w/ the controls from playing a lot of Hyrule Warrios? The buttons are almost opposite. I died once and got all bronze. Though I recall getting a lot of bronze on the first game as well.

That $49.99 price threw me at first, wasn't expecting B1 to be $9.99, though I always thought the eShop was worded weirdly w/ it's "buy 1 game get 1 free buy B2 get a discount on B1". They really should just make B1 $9.99 then for people who maybe want to try it out before getting B2 for $50. And what's the price if you buy B1 first, is it also $49.99 separately? I suppose it's a discount for people who already played B1 and dont want it again, but I want it just for the Nintnedo fan service. Guess it makes sense but it still seems overly complicated.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

rjejr wrote:

Did anybody else have a problem w/ the controls from playing a lot of Hyrule Warrios? The buttons are almost opposite. I died once and got all bronze. Though I recall getting a lot of bronze on the first game as well.

I'm not at the Wii U right now, but have you tried the alternate button setup in the options? Perhaps that would help.

jariw

rjejr

jariw wrote:

The official trailer, released today:

Thanks for the link, great trailer, but the demo looks so much better on my 52" tv than my 19" monitor, I'm guessing Youtube compression has something to do w/ that.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

cookiex

Played the demo twice. Feels really good. Good thing the full release is only two weeks away.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.