Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 751

IceClimbers

North Americans only need to know that they get both games for the price of one, regardless of whether they buy physical or digital.

Europe has three versions. There's the "1st Print" edition that has both games, an art book, and a special case, but this one has sold out. Then there's the Special Edition, which has both games but no special case or art book. The last version is the "Solus" edition, which just includes Bayonetta 2 and not the 1st game, being the cheapest version.

Edit: Since the 1st Print Edition has sold out, there are at least 15,300 copies of the game sold so far. Excellent start, and the game isn't even out yet,

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

Well, 15k spread out over the entirety of Europe isn't too much, unless the first game really did sell that horrifically

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Operative wrote:

Well, 15k spread out over the entirety of Europe isn't too much, unless the first game really did sell that horrifically

That edition supposedly sold out in one day. We don't know much the other editions have sold there, plus the game isn't even out yet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

Operative wrote:

I would call this a victory and leave it alone.

I'm looking at a bench Mark of 500k. If it hits that then I say success!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

If it hits 500k it'll be a surprise. Unless Nintendo advertises the dang thing, then maybe they can squeeze out 700k, which would be amazing

TuVictus

Akazury

The first print edition has sold out at Game, some countires haven't been able to order it yet. So it's just sold out in the UK

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

jump

According to UK Amazon , it's no.1 in Wii U games, no.7 in action & shooter games and no.20 in overall games right now and keep in mind they aren't offering the 2 special editions so it looks like it will do well enough.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

whodatninja wrote:

So Amazon finally put up an entry for the "Special Edition" (not really special considering America gets Bayo 1 for free but whateves)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NBPD4NG/ref=amb_link_18...

AT 47 GBP.....WTF! What a rip off

It isn't more expensive than your average full priced game, and this one comes with two games!

Also, this definitely confirms two separate boxes, as the image on the upper side of the Special Edition box shows.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

C-Olimar

Octane wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

So Amazon finally put up an entry for the "Special Edition" (not really special considering America gets Bayo 1 for free but whateves)

It isn't more expensive than your average full priced game, and this one comes with two games!

Also, this definitely confirms two separate boxes, as the image on the upper side of the Special Edition box shows.

The same version is under £40 at ShopTo.

C-Olimar

Grumblevolcano

C-Olimar wrote:

Octane wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Amazon's price is generally a bit cheaper than the Nintendo UK Online Store price, the latter has a price of £49,99 which must be the RRP. ShopTo is always much cheaper than elsewhere (but from what I recall much less reliable), what's more surprising is that GAME has it for £44.99.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

C-Olimar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

Octane wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Amazon's price is generally a bit cheaper than the Nintendo UK Online Store price, the latter has a price of £49,99 which must be the RRP. ShopTo is always much cheaper than elsewhere (but from what I recall much less reliable), what's more surprising is that GAME has it for £44.99.

ShopTo is awesome! I've always find them reliable. They even refund you £5 if the game doesn't make it by release day.
Are you thinking of The Hut? They are truly dreadful, but cheap. They also operate under the name Zavvi, I believe.
They also run the Niintendo Online Store.

C-Olimar

whodatninja

Octane wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Yeah it is. Most Wii U games are in the £30-40 area, and it doesn't matter if it comes with two games - we still have to pay extra while America gets the first game for free! Not cool Nintendo.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

skywake

I wasn't sold on this game.... until I got around to the Wonderful 101 which I got free with Mario Kart 8. That game is pretty much my favourite game on the Wii U outside of Wind Waker. So if this is more of that sort of gameplay? I'm sold. Count me in.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Henmii

I pre-ordered my copy recently, but now it came to my attention I have to pay pre-order money in my chosen shop, otherwise I can't get it! Wich would have been a deal-breaker for me if I didn't need to visit the shop for Thearythm curtain call. The point is I can only reach the shop by train, and money doesn't grow on my back. This whole affair annoys me to no end, but for me its probably the only way to get this version (I don't like online-buying).

Henmii

Jazzer94

arronishere wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

jos wrote:

Amazon UK have now updated the listing to remove all mentions of Bayonetta 1,
Bayonetta 2 on amazon uk is now the solus edition of Bayonetta 2.

What a smart decision it was to split the game in THREE releases! No wonder if it bombs in Europe, general people wont know what they are (and what they're not) getting with all this confusion! Starting to remind me of a bad pre-order bonus situation...

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/725/7253563/2590...

The main problem with it is they have left it so late to announce it with people being unsure what version is which and retailers being unclear which versions they are taking orders for but saying that the 1st edition is sold out everywhere now.

Hopefully you guys didn't cancel your orders as Amazon have now upgraded those who order on the 05/09/2014 or before to the Special Edition at the original £31.85 price.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

rockodoodle

I'll bet this has pretty good sales, if for no other reason, how much is there to buy for the Wii U? This year, we've pretty much just had DKTF, MK8 and now Hyrule Warriors and this for retail sales. I would think that 10 percent of Wii U owners would be interested in this, which would put it at around 600k-700k, maybe more by the end of the year (at least in terms of systems). Not saying they sell this much at once, but maybe by next summer.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Operative wrote:

I would call this a victory and leave it alone.

I'm looking at a bench Mark of 500k. If it hits that then I say success!

rockodoodle

Jazzer94

@Punished_Boss To quote me from yesterday:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Hopefully you guys didn't cancel your orders as Amazon have now upgraded those who order on the 05/09/2014 or before to the Special Edition at the original £31.85 price.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

Darn, I was holding off pre-ordering it just so I could make sure I got the 2 game edition.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.