Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 BOMBED in Japan.

Posts 121 to 140 of 183

jariw

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Still for those who like the series we will have tons of fun playing. That's all I ask for from gaming.

Thank you, I can't agree more!

jariw

Kuhang

Blast wrote:

• I think its really sad that sales of a game means more than quality... looks at Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc... which is why I hate this thread*

Yes you are right my friend but you shouldn't really hate this thread I actually created this thread out of concern and to dig if what I had heard was true.When a great game like Bayonetta fails at least sales wise meaning we will be seeing less titles of this kind which is a loss to us as Wii U gamers.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Punished_Boss_84

Blast wrote:

• I think its really sad that sales of a game means more than quality... looks at Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc... which is why I hate this thread*

I think its really sad that people can't separate the two, when you can't even do that its just annoying.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

UGXwolf

Yeah, this shouldn't be shocking. The Wii U isn't doing all that stellar in Japan and Platinum is honestly more Western-minded, in terms of gameplay mechanics.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Octane

Kuhang wrote:

When a great game like Bayonetta fails at least sales wise...

It didn't fail. How many times do we have to say that? You keep saying the game bombed, various people bring up great counter arguments, you ignore them and you go on to say the same thing again. I'm done here.

Octane

WiiWareWave

arronishere wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Akazury wrote:

So this game that is aimed at Western Audiences didn't sell amazing in a country where everything Western sorta dies, who would have thought. Be honest this game sold as expected, nobody expected this to save WiiU not get high sales in Japan, this is a game that lives on Western consumers. The first hardly sold in Japan so why would the sequel.

This game appeals to western audeinces hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nope you guys tend to frgot that the first game sold like crap in the west on two systems that had a combne market share of 100 million at the time.

Is over a million copies crap tho?

The game has sold well over a million copies in less than a month and right now is only available in Japan where console gaming is nearly dead, so I'd have to say that sales were actually surprisingly good considering and when the game releases globally it wouldn't surprise me if it sells over 3 million copies total which is a little under half of the Wii U userbase so I'd say the game is selling extremely well.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Hmm the game was never going to be the WiiU turnaround point. Still for those who like the series we will have tons of fun playing. That's all I ask for from gaming.

Sad but true.... It looks cool, tho. And the fact that you get the first one too is pretty awesome, so it's a no brainer for me to pick this up. It's near the top of the list for the next 15 or so titles coming out.

rockodoodle

MikeLove

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Akazury wrote:

So this game that is aimed at Western Audiences didn't sell amazing in a country where everything Western sorta dies, who would have thought. Be honest this game sold as expected, nobody expected this to save WiiU not get high sales in Japan, this is a game that lives on Western consumers. The first hardly sold in Japan so why would the sequel.

This game appeals to western audeinces hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nope you guys tend to frgot that the first game sold like crap in the west on two systems that had a combne market share of 100 million at the time.

Is over a million copies crap tho?

The game has sold well over a million copies in less than a month and right now is only available in Japan where console gaming is nearly dead, so I'd have to say that sales were actually surprisingly good considering and when the game releases globally it wouldn't surprise me if it sells over 3 million copies total which is a little under half of the Wii U userbase so I'd say the game is selling extremely well.

Are you talking about Bayonetta 2? It's only sold like 70,000 copies, 85-90% of which were sold in the first couple days.

Also I have to agree with @shingi_70 and lol @ the belief that Bayonetta 2 is aimed at/tailored for Western audiences!

MikeLove

Blast

Punished_Boss wrote:

Blast wrote:

I think its really sad that people can't separate the two, when you can't even do that its just annoying.

Just look at Destiny and Watch Dogs. There are literally multiple popular videos on the Internet (and professional reviewers) about how the games aren't that good and didn't live up to the hype. BUT YET... THEY SOLD VERY WELL. INCREDIBLY WELL. Heck, Destiny is getting so much dang hate from practically everybody yet it still sold well!!!!!! It pains me when I see stuff like this! And then there's games like Bayonetta 2 or any other ACTUAL GOOD GAME that deserves good sales... but can't get them because of certain situations. Just.... ugh.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

Beetlejuice wrote:

Also I have to agree with @shingi_70 and lol @ the belief that Bayonetta 2 is aimed at/tailored for Western audiences!

To whom, is the actual audience for this game?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

Blast wrote:

Just look at Destiny and Watch Dogs. There are literally multiple popular videos on the Internet (and professional reviewers) about how the games aren't that good and didn't live up to the hype. BUT YET... THEY SOLD VERY WELL. INCREDIBLY WELL. Heck, Destiny is getting so much dang hate from practically everybody yet it still sold well!!!!!! It pains me when I see stuff like this! And then there's games like Bayonetta 2 or any other ACTUAL GOOD GAME that deserves good sales... but can't get them because of certain situations. Just.... ugh.

Just goes to show Marketing is what is key this generation. It use to be focused on games or the way you play but this gen it is all about Marketing. If you can market your games to the heavens and build unbelievable amount of hype then you will make money. Companies that waste their money on building a good game instead creating hype machines are going to fail... now I am sad

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

crimsoncavalier

It's been said time and time again in this thread already: this game isn't marketed for a Japanese audience. This game also is a sequel to a game that was a critical success, but not so much commercially.

But I agree with whoever it was that said marketing ... Nintendo should market this game. It's good to know that Smash got a tv ad during a CL match (I missed it, unfortunately). I haven't seen a Nintendo commercial on tv since the Mario Kart ones way back.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Punished_Boss_84

Blast wrote:

Ugh that wasn't my point. My point is that sales & quality are never & should never be interlinked, not only is it annoying but its misleading and wrong. A product is only overhyped if you fall for it. With that in mind subjectivity how nice to meet ya! Those products sold well for many reasons and when Nintendo didn't market The Wonderful 101 or equally as likely if they didn't market Bayonetta, they won't have any reasons for success.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

LzWinky

Because those games weren't the games that everyone wanted to play? Destiny was an overglorified shooter, which is automatically popular

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Punished_Boss wrote:

Blast wrote:

Ugh that wasn't my point. My point is that sales & quality are never & should never be interlinked, not only is it annoying but its misleading and wrong. A product is only overhyped if you fall for it. With that in mind subjectivity how nice to meet ya! Those products sold well for many reasons and when Nintendo didn't market The Wonderful 101 or equally as likely if they didn't market Bayonetta, they won't have any reasons for success.

Okay, okay.... so why do you honestly think Destiny sold so well but got literally slammed by almost everyone? C'mon. Tell me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

retropunky

WaLzgi wrote:

Because those games weren't the games that everyone wanted to play? Destiny was an overglorified shooter, which is automatically popular

"From the makers of a shooting game, get ready for another shooting game with more shooting, shooting missions, and multiplayer shooting mode"

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

MikeLove

Ryno wrote:

Beetlejuice wrote:

To whom, is the actual audience for this game?

Made by a Japanese developer, featuring Japanese artistic influences and styles, coming on the heels of a Japanese anime film based on Bayonetta....yes, it's quite obvious his game was made with American consumers in mind,

Untitled

And to answer your question, this game is primarily marketed towards Japanese tastes, but they don't care about it, and neither do American audiences really (because it's too 'weird' and 'Japanese') which is the problem with this series. Sure, they may be good games, but they will never be moneymakers because they appeal to a very narrow segment of the American population.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

crimsoncavalier

blast wrote:

Okay, okay.... so why do you honestly think Destiny sold so well but got literally slammed by almost everyone? C'mon. Tell me.

ANSWER:

PKpunky wrote:

"From the makers of a shooting game, get ready for another shooting game with more shooting, shooting missions, and multiplayer shooting mode"

Because it's mainstream. Because it was marketed. Because it was known.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

MikeLove

PKpunky wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

From the makers of a platformer, get ready for another platformer game with more jumping, jumping mini-games and 4 player co-op jumping mode

MikeLove

Punished_Boss_84

Isn't it obvious? The serious and non-silly answer is fairly obvious.

Overmarketed. Ads with good/perfect scores. Just listen to one of them...
Overhyped. Beta ascended this. PR words.
Overpromises. Please that Story isn't even on the same league as Harry Potter of Star Wars.
Unprecedented Relationship...
Bungie. Halo.
Activision. COD.
A 500 Million Long Term Investment.

There is no way with all that taken into consideration it was going to fail. Nintendo can only use the first two, but they didn't several times.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.