Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2

Posts 101 to 120 of 169

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

It can do better if Nintendo gives it a real push. One of the reasons why Wonderful 101 failed was lack of a big push from Nintendo, since they decided to let the game rot in favor of waiting on the Fall for the marketing money.

Its crazy that in hindsight Nintendo should have partnered with programs similar to the W101 like Power Rangers on Nick (both are Toku) and the super hero show on CN and Disney XD.

I'll maintain that that game was never gonna be a financial success in the slightest and at best Nintendo would have lost as much money but gotten more sales because it would cost that much more to market (repeat until end of time), which makes me sad.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ZyroXZ2

shingi_70 wrote:

It can do better if Nintendo gives it a real push. One of the reasons why Wonderful 101 failed was lack of a big push from Nintendo, since they decided to let the game rot in favor of waiting on the Fall for the marketing money.

Its crazy that in hindsight Nintendo should have partnered with programs similar to the W101 like Power Rangers on Nick (both are Toku) and the super hero show on CN and Disney XD.

I somewhat disagree that Nintendo was responsible, they didn't market that game any more than they usually market their own stuff. I think W101 is actually quite good, as I just reviewed it on my talk show. But I don't see Nintendo's lack of a marketing push as the major factor in its performance. What I see is Wii U owners fearing third party titles, despite this one being exclusive... I have to admit, I sometimes share this perspective, as playing SM3DW reminds me of the absolute quality Nintendo is committed to, so when I turn around and play ACIV, while a completely different game, its flaws stand out enormously more than they would if I was, say, a PS/XBox gamer used to these flaws in their mostly 3rd party centric library.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Well let's be honest at this point I pretty much consider every Platnuim ganw announced to be a bomba on Arrival.

I like to ponder if Wonderful 101 would have done better if it wasn't so close to Pikmin. Despite the hard learning curve everything else about the game makes me think it could have been successful.

In guessing Bayotnetta 2 will be July of this year, with a port if the first game coming a bit before. I know that Kamiyas next game is supposed to be for xbone, but I would like to see Platnuim tackle something like Star Fox.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

@ZyroXZ2

Its a sad day than for Nintendo. Wonderful 101 was a first party title desotie being made by a second party. I mean the original Wii thrived upon WiiWare and niche titles like little king story.

I'd disagree with your second point, but I'm probably in the Minority about that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Yes, Little King's Story, the best example of the financial success of 3rd party titles. rolls eyes

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MAN1AC

shingi_70 wrote:

They didn't put a push behind TW101 and I'm really not expecting one for Bayo 2. This IP was resurrected to fill software gaps between notable 1st party games, which is fine by me. Everyone knows this game will not sell well but at least we're getting a sequel.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

JonnyKong

They dedicated a whole Direct to TW101 didn't they? That's more of an advertising push from Nintendo than a lot of other games get. I guess more advertising on tv would have helped, but isn't this the case with all Wii U games in general.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Blast

THE NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Nobody's posted the trailer yet? Ugh, fine.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MAN1AC

Talking in trailers always comes off as weird to me but I liked what they showed.
No release date means this is still on track for being one of their first releases in the 2nd half of the year.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

citizenerased

Story's as ridiculous and convoluted as one might expect from a Japanese game.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

luisesteban

Good trailer, think it would be released within august or november.

luisesteban

cookiex

I hope it comes out sooner rather than later. Looks already like a winner.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ZyroXZ2

shingi_70 wrote:

@ZyroXZ2

Its a sad day than for Nintendo. Wonderful 101 was a first party title desotie being made by a second party. I mean the original Wii thrived upon WiiWare and niche titles like little king story.

I'd disagree with your second point, but I'm probably in the Minority about that.

Platinum Games is a third party. W101 is a third party exclusive.

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

ZyroXZ2

cookiex wrote:

Nobody's posted the trailer yet? Ugh, fine.

Honestly, after seeing this trailer and 'X', I don't really think the gap between the Wii U and PS4 is that big. Sure, the PS4 is more powerful, but the only difference is going to be in the details. When Bayonetta 2 and 'X' see daylight, I don't think people will be thinking "oh this game would be so much better on PS4", lol

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

banacheck

Untitled
The Order 1886, That's a pretty big difference to me.

PlatinumGames don't push hardware when it comes to there games, thay have a certain style.But I'm totally looking forwards to Bayonetta2.

banacheck

Romeo

i just hope that Bayonetta will still be Bayonetta on the Wii U
what does that mean? -> tight clothes, blood and all that kind of stuff.. that's just the way Bayonetta or rather the character is.. and it should remain this way

Romeo

banacheck

i just hope that Bayonetta will still be Bayonetta on the Wii U
what does that mean?

That means gameplay wise, GamePad with touchscreen poop over the pro controller, difficulty level etc. Don't thinks things like this cannot happen? DMC Reboot, but as It's PlatinumGames game it'll probably stay the same gameplay wise.

banacheck

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.