Forums

Topic: Battling the anti-Nintendo tide.

Posts 101 to 120 of 129

CanisWolfred

spizzamarozzi wrote:

meh - would you deny that there has been a certain trend in giving Nintendo an unfair bad reputation in the last decade? I mean, the internet is full of people bashing Nintendo gratuitously and taking the p*ss without knowing what they are talking about...have a look on youtube for example.

You talk as if Nintendo is the only one who gets a bad rap, as if Microsoft and Sony don't have those same kind of people railing against them. Those were the ignorant people I'm talking about. You're free to look down on them all you want, just know that it won't get you anywhere.

As a general rule of any thoughtful discussion, you have to be courteous to the other individual. It's hard to do that when all you think of the person is that "they're an idiot". If you actually want to convince a person that they're mistaken, then the best way to go about doing that is to assume they have some level of intelligence. That's all I'm trying to say here.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JoyBoy

rallydefault wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Is it cold up there on your mile-high pedestal?

Take it from me, it's far better to not assume that an opinion is "trite" or insincere, provided you don't want to come off as having a "holier than thou" attitude.

I thought the point of the thread was how to deal with lazy and weak arguments - it's right there in the first paragraph. Why are you people so touchy?! It's not that I pointed to any of you in particular and said you're stupid.

It's ok, man. Everyone is convinced they (and only "they") are right on the internets. Including me.

Yup, you're all idiots.

And you're not.

Rawr.

Finally someone on the internet that UNDERSTANDS me! Bless you Forums, for your wisdom and trolls

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CM30

There's definitely an anti Nintendo agenda somewhere, even if I don't agree with everything Nintendo do. This article lays it out pretty well:

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/nintendo-sony-microsoft...

Some people go further and say that the reason Nintendo is hated is because the third parties can't get away with lower quality games if Nintendo is releasing their best stuff. Because they hate how the likes of Wii Sports and 2D Mario and arcade Zelda sell, so they constantly bash said games to try and weaken Nintendo and stop them interfering with their logic. Or they try and trick Nintendo into making unpopular games in an attempt to kill off the company and competition. Sean Malstrom kind of thinks along those lines.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

AJ_Lethal

CM30 wrote:

There's definitely an anti Nintendo agenda somewhere, even if I don't agree with everything Nintendo do. This article lays it out pretty well:

Wow, so it's pretty much "Nintendo Vs. The World"

ThePirateCaptain

@AJ_Lethal
I don't think the article was about "Nintendo VS. The World" as much as the East vs. the West.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

GuSolarFlare

that article sounds more like Red Steel 2 to me, I mean: Cowboys and samurais!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

RancidVomit86

There is no global caolition against Nintendo. Every company has people who don't like them or some of their products.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

CM30 wrote:

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/nintendo-sony-microsoft...

Some people go further and say that the reason Nintendo is hated is because the third parties can't get away with lower quality games if Nintendo is releasing their best stuff. Because they hate how the likes of Wii Sports and 2D Mario and arcade Zelda sell, so they constantly bash said games to try and weaken Nintendo and stop them interfering with their logic. Or they try and trick Nintendo into making unpopular games in an attempt to kill off the company and competition. Sean Malstrom kind of thinks along those lines.

Seems like alot of paranoid gobblty gook on part of the writer. The writer is mad since Patcher correctly calls out Gamestop as the winner of the consoles war. Let's be honest Gamestop is the neutral party that trades with all other parties and had the most to gain, even when Microsoft was pushing DRM gamestop was the first one on three retailers to be on the approved to sell DRM games,despite that they through microsoft under the bus after they took the DRM away. Gamestop also influences the populus by selling the most popular and probably one of the few big gaming magazines left.

On his note of westernized games it doesn't make that much sense that all of the Japanese publishers are pushing the bulk of their wait behind the Playstation eco system. Even all of the really japanese niche companies like Falcom are ignoring Nintendo systems.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WebHead

I'm willing to defend the company as much as the next fan, but I'm not so blind that I can't tell that the company has screwed up big time with the Wii U. Nintendo though everyone who bought a Wii was going to automatically upgrade to Wii U no questions asked. They screwed up the marketing and released the system before their games were ready. They had a whole year to tell consumers why consumers should at least consider buying a Wii U as a secondary console to a PS4 or XBO and failed miserably.

I still think Wii U will sell okay.(like around 40 million lifetime globally I'm predicting.) But it very likely won't be the smash hit Nintendo wanted.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MAB

Nothing worse than a pack of internet drones crying in the morning

Untitled

MAB

CM30

triforcepower73 wrote:

I just found this article: http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/why-nintendo-is-... It's got a lot of truth to it.

Your link doesn't work. But fixed:

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/why-nintendo-is-...

But Sean Malstrom says a few... 'interesting' things about the video game industry. Indeed, I recall him saying in one article that Nintendo's competitors and journalists tried to make them develop poorly selling 'niche' games like 3D Mario, Pikmin, etc to stop them making games that dominate sales charts and show up the poorly quality of the third parties and their products.

I would want Nintendo pursue games no one wants and not make games everyone wants. Remember when NSMB and NSMB Wii came out and there was a fake Internet backlash? It was fake because it didn’t last and certain marketing people of other game companies were driving it. Their worst nightmare if for Nintendo to return to the mass market ways (e.g. 2d Mario).

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/email-e3-is-the-...

Or in other words, Microsoft and Sony pay off journalists to get them to give Nintendo bad advice in an attempt to sink the company.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

TheGoodLife

WebHead wrote:

I'm willing to defend the company as much as the next fan, but I'm not so blind that I can't tell that the company has screwed up big time

Agreed.
Nintendo's problem is that it's run by old Japanese men. Seriously, these guys are cemented in their old ways. My main issues with the company is their archaic online system with it's many shortcomings and regurgitating the same stuff for years, all of which I imagine stem from the decisions these aged big wigs make.

Regardless, I love the the games Nintendo puts out,year after year, but their refusal to acknowledge areas of opportunity is a little maddening.

TheGoodLife

MAB

TheGoodLife wrote:

Actually.
The whole industries problem is that it's run by business men. Seriously, these guys are cemented in their old ways. My main issues with every company is their hunger for profit and regurgitating the same stuff for years, all of which I imagine stem from the decisions these aged big wigs make.

That's what I love about the games Nintendo puts out,year after year, and their refusal to not copy the rest of the industry is kind of refreshing.

MAB

shingi_70

I swear to god I''ve seen this same page thread in the last month or so with pretty much the same users (myself included) and arguments verbatim.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

TheGoodLife

I see what you did there and I agree.

It's all too true. I believe that if at some point Nintendo did catch up to it all, specifically their online component, we would see an influx of DLC akin to Sony and Microsoft's current model, and honestly that would hurt the gaming community even more.

Imagine buying Link's shield for $4.99! (See Forza 5 DLC/microtransaction debacle)

Edited on by TheGoodLife

TheGoodLife

MAB

shingi_70 wrote:

I swear to god I''ve seen this same page thread in the last month or so with pretty much the same users (myself included) and arguments verbatim.

Untitled

MAB

shingi_70

MadAussieBloke wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Looking at the page all I could think was
Untitled

The Wii U should be having a comeback early next year once the big titles fit alongside the nice indie titles like the 3DS did.

WAT!

Joeynator3000

Here's what I do to fight against anti-Nintendo kids...yawns and goes back to gaming

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ferret

I honestly don't give a poopoodoodoocacapoopsiedoodle about how many Wii U systems sell. As long as Nintendo keep making games for it I'll keep buying them. Mario 3d world is amazing, wonderful 101 is amazing, wind waker hd is amazing, pikmin 3 is amazing.

The only reason I'm still gaming is because I play Nintendo games.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Ferret

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.