Forums

Topic: ASDA won’t stock Wii U consoles or games in-store anymore

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

Discostew

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Discostew If they only restocked 10,000 units, that probably means they're not selling much, so either way it's a bad sign.

That makes sense. I understand there is no reason to ship more consoles if many are still unsold, so likely, the number that gets sold is probably low too. 10k sold? Maybe, but if not, then maybe a little more or less.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

LzWinky

10000 is still pathetic no matter how much you want to sugar coat it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Peach64

Morrisons have dropped it too.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/analysis-can-nintendo-turn-wii...

I think this just proves that a price cut is not the answer. ASDA cut the price by £100 (33% off a deluxe pack, and 40% off the basic pack) and it resulted in an extra 250 sales. I've been saying for the last 3 or 4 months, they could cut the price in half, but there's still no reason for me to buy one. Thankfully by Christmas there should be several reasons, starting with Pikmin 3.

Peach64

Peek-a-boo

@Peach64 ... but, it is all a big CONSPIRACY.

Microsoft and Sony PAID Morrisons, just like they did with ASDA, to drop the Wii U off of their shelves!

... going into administration, both of them.

They'll soon come crawling back when The Wonderful 101 is released!

Peek-a-boo

Phatosaurus

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Peach64 ... but, it is all a big CONSPIRACY.

Microsoft and Sony PAID Morrisons, just like they did with ASDA, to drop the Wii U off of their shelves!

... going into administration, both of them.

They'll soon come crawling back when The Wonderful 101 is released!

**** ASDA and Morrisons. I'll buy my milk from a super market that SUPPORTS Nintendo!

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

DePapier

Peach64 wrote:

Morrisons have dropped it too.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/analysis-can-nintendo-turn-wii...

I think this just proves that a price cut is not the answer. ASDA cut the price by £100 (33% off a deluxe pack, and 40% off the basic pack) and it resulted in an extra 250 sales. I've been saying for the last 3 or 4 months, they could cut the price in half, but there's still no reason for me to buy one. Thankfully by Christmas there should be several reasons, starting with Pikmin 3.

So that's why you never answered when I asked you how was your Pikmin 3... I don't think there is a way for Nintendo alone can convince you as a customer...

@Phatosaurus You go tell them retailers we don't be no dumb consumers out there we Nintendo fans. NO NINTENDO, NO MILK!!!

Peach64

@DePapier Nintendo alone can definitely convince me, I'm just not sure it will be this year. I'm not really an early adopter of consoles. The Dreamcast and Wii are the only two I've ever bought in the first year (and only the Wii on launch day).

Peach64

Cyberbotv2

I don't know if Nintendo needs to concern themselves that deeply with Europe. They need to make sure, for profitability sake, that they own Japan by the end of the year. The US and Europe should remain secondary, because for now the hardcore gamers are into the upcoming Sony and Microsoft offerings. There may be a greater shift in holiday 2014 for Nintendo in these secondary territories. That shift will be secondary to the Wii U picking up huge steam with their offscreen play, eshop and virtual console, and additional first party offerings.

Cyberbotv2

Peek-a-boo

@Phatosaurus I sincerely hope you realise I was being sarcastic!

Just taking the mick out of those daft sods who genuinely proclaimed the whole ASDA situation was dealt with by Microsoft and/or Sony paying them to removed the Wii U off their shelves ... when the actual reality is that it just sold an extra 250 units over three months.

Peek-a-boo

MAB

Yeah we already know the WiiU sucks and the PSBOX will immediately do much better

MAB

DualWielding

this evidences Nintendo should forget about its pro-retailers, anti-consumer policies, they do not help if demand for the product is low, stop overpricing digital games, remove region lock, unify eshops for all regions so costumers outside US and Canada don't have to pay twice as much as games.... Retailers may get angry but they will still stock your product because there'll be demand for it, it doesn't help having policies retailers love if they drive costumers away

PSN: Fertheseeker

Phatosaurus

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Phatosaurus I sincerely hope you realise I was being sarcastic!

Just taking the mick out of those daft sods who genuinely proclaimed the whole ASDA situation was dealt with by Microsoft and/or Sony paying them to removed the Wii U off their shelves ... when the actual reality is that it just sold an extra 250 units over three months.

Sarcastic?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

DefHalan

Phatosaurus wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Never heard of ASDA so it doesn't affect me. How many people does this actually affect?

Untitled

I didn't know asking how many people this affects means that I have my head in the sand... weird

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tim_Slim

It affects nobody, well nobody apart from someone who is hoping they'll be able to buy a Wii U while they buy their bannanas. Only the massive ASDA stores sell consoles and they are nearly always out of town, nowhere near the high street. People will still be able to find somewhere that sells the Wii U, if go into the city centre.

Edited on by Tim_Slim

Tim_Slim

AlexSays

Poor Wii U. : (

Untitled

I see that little boy in some of you. IT'S GONNA BE OKAY BROS /cries

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.