Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else curious..

Showing 41 to 55 of 55

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

41. Posted:

Mainly because Nintendo hasn't said anything about it themselves, is the reason why I don't really care about the system right now...and all these random rumors are just giving me a headache, lol. Only thing Wii U related I want to know more about is Pkmin 3, that's it. I'm too interested in upcoming 3DS games/rumors right now.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

42. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Yes they do. I've played more of them than you have, I'll wager.

Considering that they come out multiple times every year, Tecmo barely adds any innovative features to the new iterations. Whereas Zelda doesn't come out every year and the teams that make the games take their time. The last console Zelda we had was back in 2006.

Thanks for proving my point. Tecmo isn't one of the 6 or so development teams Koei has working on Warriors games :)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

43. Posted:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13027.html

;)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

44. Posted:

I'm just going to defend Skyward Sword for a second. I personally, think its very different than the usual Zelda game. It doesn't have to completely overhaul the formula to bring something new, in this case many things new, to the series. Of what I've played so far, it strays away from the traditional Zelda style of playing but also keeps the Zelda formula. I'm pretty sure if they completely changed the formula for a Zelda game, it wouldn't be much of a Zelda game, just saying. Why fix something that isn't broken, and has been working not just fine, but amazingly for over 25 years.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

45. Posted:

Yep, I had assumed GameFAQs etc were right too, until the point where the PR head at Tecmo Koei UK corrected me.

And what's this? I have the exact quote. Yippee:

Omega Force only make the DW and WO games. Samurai Warriors, FNS and DW: Gundam are made by a different team under Hisashi Koinuma.

Now, I'm not saying 100% that a person who works at Tecmo Koei knows more about the company than GameFAQs, but I know who I'm betting on being right.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

46. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

bro2dragons wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Weak hardware only makes the game worse and we end of with crap like the Skyward Sword world map not being connected.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that was a design decision, not a hardware limitation that lead to that. And I'm glad they did it. I wouldn't want all Zelda games like that, but it made sense and worked to an effect that was different from most Hyrulian adventures.

I'd have to disagree. Pretty sure it was a decsion based on the low amount of ram the wii has. Regardless it's a horrible step backwards for a series who's big decision for a series that through all these years have had exploration as a key aspect of gameplay. It seems odd that a series were one of the fundamental design principles on modern Hardware that would allow this to be fully realized.

And I have to bash your ignorance. Twilight Princess ran fine on the Wii and it had a connected map. ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

47. Posted:

So they only made the Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi games? Wow, my link said that exact thing. Oh, and omitting the rest isn't really helping your case here.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

48. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pastasauce wrote:

@Sony_70 No. The Wii is more powerful than the previous generation consoles. It has more ram than gamecube. I shouldn't have to point out all of the open world games to come out last generation. To say that the non connected world map was implemented because of weak tech is simply wrong. The series took a new direction because Nintendo heard the complaints that every game was the same, and tried to mix it up.

Lol. No they didn't. Skyward Sword was the "bigger is better" philosophy applied to the Zelda series. It was the biggest, grandest, most epic Zelda game to date. It also conformed completely to the traditional Zelda formula.

I get tired of people saying "this Zelda mixes things up!" with every new Zelda game. They did with Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, the works. A new gimmick =/= new formula. New formula would be if Nintendo did something dramatic and broke away from the now incredibly boring "go to dungeon, solve puzzle to get item, use item to defeat boss, go to next dungeon" formula.

To be fair, a lot of companies do this. I don't think there is anything wrong with using the same formula if it's successful. Heck, I'd say Capcom is the guiltiest party of using this philosophy.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

49. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pastasauce wrote:

@Sony_70 No. The Wii is more powerful than the previous generation consoles. It has more ram than gamecube. I shouldn't have to point out all of the open world games to come out last generation. To say that the non connected world map was implemented because of weak tech is simply wrong. The series took a new direction because Nintendo heard the complaints that every game was the same, and tried to mix it up.

Lol. No they didn't. Skyward Sword was the "bigger is better" philosophy applied to the Zelda series. It was the biggest, grandest, most epic Zelda game to date. It also conformed completely to the traditional Zelda formula.

I get tired of people saying "this Zelda mixes things up!" with every new Zelda game. They did with Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, the works. A new gimmick =/= new formula. New formula would be if Nintendo did something dramatic and broke away from the now incredibly boring "go to dungeon, solve puzzle to get item, use item to defeat boss, go to next dungeon" formula.

To be fair, a lot of companies do this. I don't think there is anything wrong with using the same formula if it's successful. Heck, I'd say Capcom is the guiltiest party of using this philosophy.

Yeah, I wasn't saying this is exclusive to Nintendo. Heck, I wasn't even saying it was bad - there are times when that's exactly what I want - I don't like when Fire Emblem games deviate too far from the norm, either.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Radixxs

50. Posted:

I'm struggling to figure what this thread is about.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kage_88

51. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

pastasauce wrote:

@Sony_70 No. The Wii is more powerful than the previous generation consoles. It has more ram than gamecube. I shouldn't have to point out all of the open world games to come out last generation. To say that the non connected world map was implemented because of weak tech is simply wrong. The series took a new direction because Nintendo heard the complaints that every game was the same, and tried to mix it up.

Lol. No they didn't. Skyward Sword was the "bigger is better" philosophy applied to the Zelda series. It was the biggest, grandest, most epic Zelda game to date. It also conformed completely to the traditional Zelda formula.

I get tired of people saying "this Zelda mixes things up!" with every new Zelda game. They did with Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, the works. A new gimmick =/= new formula. New formula would be if Nintendo did something dramatic and broke away from the now incredibly boring "go to dungeon, solve puzzle to get item, use item to defeat boss, go to next dungeon" formula.

Um...no. Eiji Aonuma specifically stated that he wanted to make Skyward Sword's gameworld smaller, but with more depth. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Nintendo used a "bigger is better" philosophy - if anything, it was the opposite matra. The game also did not conform completely to the Zelda formula. Again, I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but Skyward Sword was praised specifically for its formula shake-up.

You say that Nintendo should break the cycle of "go to dungeon, solve puzzle to get item, use item to defeat boss, go to next dungeon" - but that is the fundamental Zelda structure. That's like saying Halo is boring because the player is just 'walking around and shooting things for 10 levels', Elder Scrolls is just 'aimless wandering coupled with fetch quests', or that Metal Gear is just 'sneaking and cutscenes'.

If Nintendo were to completely change the Zelda formula after 25 years, would it still be Zelda? What makes Zelda, Zelda? This is a question that can be applied to any other long-running franchise...but as you said, Nintendo do add new features to every Zelda installment, despite what the naysayers say; but I believe these new features need to be layered on top of a familiar structure (as they have been), lest Nintendo run the risk of alienating the series' fans. Does that mean they're afraid of change? Maybe, but I doubt it...I just think Miyamoto and co. (just like any other caretaker for any other game franchise) are aware that titles like Zelda and Mario have a fundamental core that would be subject to philisophical quandries if they were altered or changed completely. Again, its the question of what makes Zelda, Zelda? What makes Halo, Halo? Etc, etc.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

52. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

I'm struggling to figure what this thread is about.

Curiosity.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

53. Posted:

@Kage_88 exactly, that's what I'm saying!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

54. Posted:

I actually have to agree with Kage_88. They can only change so much and still call it Zelda. Personally, I think Skyward Sword is about as different as I want the series to be. If anything, I think the next portable game in the series should go back to its routes and make things more open again, with lots of secrets and shortcuts.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

55. Posted:

@Mickeymac, a new 3DS game with a Link to the Past vibe would be amazing. Good thing Miyamoto wants to do that! :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann