Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else angry about the Wii U?

Showing 241 to 260 of 292

AuthorMessage

Aviator

241. Posted:

SteveW wrote:

You hate motion controls? after playing all the zapper compatible first person shooters, especially Goldeneye, going back to a regular joystick would suck. Wii may not have 1080p resolution but the controls are the first console to beat the PC's mouse when it comes to first person shooters. I only wish the Wii U would improve it some, make it calibrate better to the screen.

Mouse + Keyboard > Everything.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Kit

242. Posted:

ZackNormandin wrote:

What am I supposed to play?

Grow up and get a PC like the rest of us big boys. Consoles are for kid anyway!

Pokémon White = 4298-2942-9694
Pokémon White 2 = 5158 1642 1213

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

243. Posted:

Kirby > Everything.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

244. Posted:

I'm happy that the Wii remote will be compatible with many Wii U titles...Because there's no way in hell that I'll use the Wii U Controller for the inevitable Metroid Prime 4 or Zelda Wii U for example...I want to feel like I'm Samus and Link, i want to feel as if I'm using an arm cannon or controlling Link's sword with my very own arm as in 1:1...like we GOT in MP3 and what we WILL get in Skyward Sword. No doubt, the Wii U controller will offer other nice creative innovative touches and awesome ideas for the two upcoming games i mentioned mainly due to the touch screen, but will completely fail at what the Wii remote has already done.

The Wii U controller can't replicate holding a sword like the Wii remote, and it can't replicate an arm cannon or even a gun. It's a massive square with a screen on it. :p

IF the Wii remote/nunchuck were not supported with Wii U titles i would be completely devastated....The Wii U controller is a step forward in it's own unique awesome and creative way, but a step backwards at the same time compared to what the Wii remote can do and how it feels.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Robo-goose

245. Posted:

@ZackNormandin

Maybe if you watch this Wii U propaganda you won't hate the Wii U anymore.

If this didn't work, then there is no hope for you.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

246. Posted:

I'm still not sold, and am still kind of mixed.....The dissapointing and incredlbly boring name was bad enough, but the controller itself wasn't what i was expected and it seems to do things that could be great, but at the same time kind of goes against and fails at what the Wii remote/Plus can and has already done.

At this point, I'm just not that excited towards the Wii U....Maybe it's because I haven't seen any 'actual' Nintendo games to get worked about other than a Zelda tech demo and that real time Bird demo which was pretty damn amazing. Or maybe it's because i still have quite a few Wii titles that i need to get and play. SMG2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, A Boy & his Blob, along with 15 other tiles....The Wii is far from over for me. Most people are saying it's dead because they've blazed through most of the greats, and only have Zelda: Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii to look forward to this year among a few others.

Anyways...With the Wii U, As long as most titles like the future Metroid Prime 4, Resident Evil, Zelda Wii U and what have you support Wii remote Plus/Nunchcuk controls I'll be perfectly happy. There's no way I'm going back to traditional controls for aiming a characters weapon and the like on the Wii U controller. I don't care how unique the Wii U's second screen or what creative idea's come into play, it CAN'T replicate holding onto a sword or a gun....It's a god damn giant square for crying out loud. :p

No matter how creative the ideas for that screen get, I'll still choose 1:1 controls with the remote, as it perfectly replicates using Samus's Arm Cannon and holding onto a sword for example. Hell, I bet using the IR pointer controls on the Wii U controller feel akward....

It's like a step back compared to the Wii remote, while going into a different creative direction at the same time. I like and I don't like. If there isn't any compatability with the wii remote for the titles i mentioned above for example i'll be incredibly pissed to the tee dude.

I think the Wii U is a horrible, playing safe and boring name, the console design is also playing it safe...I mean all of their consoles had a different and unique design....But NO, not the Wii U as it looks like a more polished and sleeker Wii. It's so bland, that it's lacking the logo.lol I know it's still not it's final design....but eh.

If anything i think the Wii U controller could be great for sidescrollers. Imagine using it for the next Wario Land. The Wii remote itself worked great for tilting cannons, shaking money, using the submarine and the flying air craft especially ect ect. And the Wii U controller can do all of that are more so, plus there's the screen.

But for first and 3rd person titles....Hell no. :O

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

erv

247. Posted:

I am excited for the new console, but am worried about the lack of those pointer style controls as well.

No way a call of duty online or goldeneye game would be as good as it is now without the point and shoot ability of the wiimote setup. It should be the main, probably only setup for a shooter judging by the wiiu controller. It is just an oversized gameboy advance +graphics otherwise.

I really am worried that, with that screen controller, developers will not be brave enough to just use the wiiremote setup for the games that need them. Especially shooters.

Even though they should.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

248. Posted:

I agree.
And if Metroid Prime 4 for example does not use the Wii Remote(or Plus)/Nunchuck combo i will most likely pass on it. I'll be scratching my head....dazzled by the HD gorgeous next gen(for Nintendo, which is good enough, because they're golden in art direction) visuals....But I'll be using a an analog stick to aim....It's like going light years forward in the visual department, yet going back in time to an archiac, unintuitive, boring and clunky unimerssive control method....BUT with a screen, gyro controls and the like which I'm sure would add some awesome creative stuff in the game....But I don't care how creative it is, because the experience would be hindered big time by the traditional analog for aiming.

I want to feel like I'm samus, like I did in prime, completel immersed into the experience like i was....But with Next gen graphics and in HD on the next nintendo console. And I wont beable to get that with the Wii U controller. Here's hoping Retro makes it an alternate controls scheme. Nintendo would also be completely retarted if they didn't use the Wii REmote Plus controls for Zelda U either, or at least have it as a 2nd control method.....

It's a shame really, because the Wii U controller already seems inferior for certain genre's like first and 3rd person titles that require you to aim. Instead you'll most likely beable to have an extra screen used as an Item selection menu, a map and the like....And while that's pretty I just don't find it that innovative. The DS Lite has been doing that for years now.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

249. Posted:

I'm not angry, just very very hurt.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

250. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

I'm not angry, just very very hurt.

Hurt and not that excited. :p
Maybe that's because i still have too many wii titles left to play, including Galaxy 2.
But I'm still hurt, because reggie kicked me in the gonads with his set of Zelda Iron Boots.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

251. Posted:

No wait I said it wrong.
I'm not angry, just terribly hurt.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo137/bnicoara/marvin_mart...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

erv

252. Posted:

Hurt :P Angry and hurt, hahaha. Very weird consumer behavior if you ask me - I'm angry and hurt about darfur being a total humanitarian mess, not about nintendo's lack of presentation skills lol!

You've got to admit: proper online super expanded huge realtime monster hunter wiiU is going to sell me 2 consoles for the price of 4 if I have to. It's just the aim type games that really need something as intuitive as the wiimote setup. And judging by how long it took developers to make sense of the wiimote, which was literally years (waggle and shake, anyone?) I am still skeptical about the orientating skills of otherwise very, very talented developers...

Warrior of Dearth!

AuthorMessage

LordChimpington

253. Posted:

I understand why you might be confuzed or mad because they only talked about the controller and they didn't say a lot. However you have to remember they aren't gonna realease this for awhile. Also remember with the 3ds they didn't say a ton of stuff at e3. They couldn't even show us the 3d. They said a lot of the details at that conference thing in spetember and that was a few months before it was gonna be realeased. All I am saying is don't judge it until you play it and get more details on it.

LordChimpington

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

254. Posted:

erv wrote:

Hurt :P Angry and hurt, hahaha. Very weird consumer behavior if you ask me - I'm angry and hurt about darfur being a total humanitarian mess, not about nintendo's lack of presentation skills lol!

You've got to admit: proper online super expanded huge realtime monster hunter wiiU is going to sell me 2 consoles for the price of 4 if I have to. It's just the aim type games that really need something as intuitive as the wiimote setup. And judging by how long it took developers to make sense of the wiimote, which was literally years (waggle and shake, anyone?) I am still skeptical about the orientating skills of otherwise very, very talented developers...

Hey dude, Waggle and shake can be pretty damn awesome....Then again, not so much waggling, but shaking and tilting can be great! Wario Land Shake it's controls were so much fun to pull off and were pretty damn untuitive. Shaking the Wii remote to shake money out of the cash bags felt awesome...But much better than simotanously pressing a button. Then there's the tilt controlled air craft which blew me away, the tilt controller bike cart which was insanely awesome...It put a huge smile on my face, the tilt controlled submarine and the tilt controlled cannons ect ect. There's alot of shaking and titling in WLSI and it masters both. Ya.....WLSI! is still my favorite wii game of all time haha. B-)

I'm all for Pointer controls, 1:1 stuff like sword controls, Tilting and Shaking, or even using the Nunchuck as a shield, or grappling beam to rip doors and canesers open in Metroid Prime 3 which felt incredible to do....Not so much waggling, although Super Mario Galaxy and NSMBWii provided a slight single shake to perform a spin attack in mid air, or for mario's regular spin attack in Galaxy, and that felt better than pressing a button imo.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

erv

255. Posted:

True, there's more than point style games that can take advantage of the great wiimote setup. There's also well implemented shake and waggle, point taken. Crap WaveBoy, I'm telling you you're right and I'm wrong.

But there's a lot of stuff badly implemented as well, which was something I was referring to in terms of time passing by while developers forget to make things right.

But it does look like I'd be way more happy with just a wii very much HD++ (zOmg M0r3 POWER than ps3 250%!!#!) if it was just for preserving those excellent gameplay capabilities. This feels like a shoddy stickem' all together right now. If there's one or two shooters that say "awesome power, let's get that wiimote setup some justice" there's at least some consolidation.

But that wiimote setup is still very much superior in other high quality games as well. Couldn't they just build upon that one instead, I wonder... Are me and waveboy the only ones on the fence about this?

Warrior of Dearth!

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

256. Posted:

I'm yet to see for any console a better controller than a 4 button mouse. A nunchuck for the left hand, a mouse-like device full of buttons for the right, and you will have the best for any kind of game.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

erv

257. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

I'm yet to see for any console a better controller than a 4 button mouse. A nunchuck for the left hand, a mouse-like device full of buttons for the right, and you will have the best for any kind of game.

Ah, disagreed. I've been a semi-professional half-life player (was in world top20 for a number of years) on pc, using my incredible keyboard and mouse setup on pc. The wiimote setup, to this day, is the best I've played. So nope, not convinced, sorry :)!

Warrior of Dearth!

AuthorMessage

Arkaein

258. Posted:

Everyone who is worried about losing pointer-style controls needs to relax a bit. In addition to the Wii remote being likely supported by any FPS or other game requiring aiming, you can do pointer and aiming controls using the gyroscope in the Wii U controller. In the developer roundtable during E3 Ubisoft indicated that the aiming in Killer Freaks from Outer Space using the circle pads for movement and the gyro for aiming.

The 3DS has games using gyros for aiming, and Skyward Sword will use the Motion Plus gyro for aiming instead of the pointer. The Wii U controller won't support many Wii Remote or Nunchuck style gestures, however it will support many of the best aspects off these controllers.

Arkaein

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

259. Posted:

At this stage, I can't see myself getting a Wii U. The Wii was always meant to be my only foray into console gaming (I've since grabbed a DS as well) but I did start getting a little excited about the Wii U leading up to E3. Since E3, not so much.

The console itself I'm on the fence about, as it will be interesting to see what developers do with it. I think what put me off was, funnily enough, E3 announcements about the Wii (or, rather, the lack of).

I've got a large library of games for the Wii that I still need to play, and there's certainly some great experiences to be found in its back catalogue. What put me off though is the apparent complete disregard for anything Wii related outside of Zelda. I'm more than happy to hand over money for good games, but it doesn't look as though I'll get much opportunity to do so over the next year or so. A release schedule with a handful of high-profile games just isn't good enough. Sure, I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword (and Xenoblade, being a PAL gamer) but come on - I want to have to choose which high-quality game I'm going to buy, not whether or not I'll buy the only game on the market.

I don't want it to happen again, and so I've held off a 3DS until I see what happens with that, and I'll certainly do so for the Wii U. When there's such a long time to go until the next console is released, owners shouldn't be worried about a lack of games for the current one.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Sadsack_Awesome

260. Posted:

@title Nope :P

Sadsack_Awesome