Forums

Topic: Anyone else angry about the Wii U?

Posts 221 to 240 of 277

Malkeor

This...isn't a Wii....guys
I mean it's a NEW console, they just chose to pass on the Wii branding. This is in part to the casual crowd i'm sure.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Burning_Spear

Gamesake wrote:

An HD continuation of the Wii. It's not such a bad idea to inherit the old controllers though, that strategy will save people money as opposed to going the DualShock3 route by making a "new" Wii Remote Plus U.

I think that's why they're still bundling games with Wii remotes. Get as many as possible out there so people won't feel overwhelmed by upgrading to Wii U.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

komicturtle

WiiU is an upgraded Wii. Just as PS3 is an upgraded PS2 and 360 an upgraded Xbox.

Soon, PS4 will be an upgraded PS3, as a 720 an upgraded 360.

komicturtle

Meta-Rift

komicturtle92 wrote:

WiiU is an upgraded Wii. Just as PS3 is an upgraded PS2 and 360 an upgraded Xbox.

Soon, PS4 will be an upgraded PS3, as a 720 an upgraded 360.

NES -> SNES
N64 -> GameCube
Wii -> Wii U

Not a huge surprise, really.

Meta-Rift

pntjr

Highwinter wrote:

... the fact you can only have one of these controllers connected at a time seriously hampers multiplayer aspects.

I HATE MY LIFE AND I WANNA DIE, I AIN'T GOT NO MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk
But are u seriously serious right now?

Edited on by pntjr

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

komicturtle

I hope Chase Mii ends up being a real game. Hopefully, those sweet games will end up built in the console for instant multiplayer fun (I already have 6 Wii motes lol).

I'm wicked excited for this.

komicturtle

SteveW

You hate motion controls? after playing all the zapper compatible first person shooters, especially Goldeneye, going back to a regular joystick would suck. Wii may not have 1080p resolution but the controls are the first console to beat the PC's mouse when it comes to first person shooters. I only wish the Wii U would improve it some, make it calibrate better to the screen.

SteveW

Slapshot

Even if the Wii U is 1080p, very few games outside of first party will actually utilize it. Most PS3 games run at 720p to keep the games the same as they are on the Xbox 360.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

komicturtle

Wii U Smash Bros. >>>>>>>>>>> 1080p nonsense.

I want to have backstage passes to see Smash Bros. in development for this console D:

It's a helluva lot more important to me than the console being HD and whatnot. Oh please, don't take more than 3 years to make it.... I'm really anxious to get my hands on Wii U itself- and even more to see how WiiU and 3DS cross-platform works!

komicturtle

Slapshot

@komicturtle92 I'm actually way more excited to have a Smash Bros on 3DS! I mean, ITS SMASH BROS IN FLIPPING 3D! What's not to love, and I can take it with me Everywhere!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

pntjr

I am not angry (Well a little) But i expected more from Nintendo then this. But that doesn't mean you write a long angry hate post about it.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Aviator

SteveW wrote:

You hate motion controls? after playing all the zapper compatible first person shooters, especially Goldeneye, going back to a regular joystick would suck. Wii may not have 1080p resolution but the controls are the first console to beat the PC's mouse when it comes to first person shooters. I only wish the Wii U would improve it some, make it calibrate better to the screen.

Mouse + Keyboard > Everything.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Kit

ZackNormandin wrote:

What am I supposed to play?

Grow up and get a PC like the rest of us big boys. Consoles are for kid anyway!

Kit

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

Robo-goose

@ZackNormandin

Maybe if you watch this Wii U propaganda you won't hate the Wii U anymore.
[youtube:0JElywbkSbY]
If this didn't work, then there is no hope for you.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

erv

I am excited for the new console, but am worried about the lack of those pointer style controls as well.

No way a call of duty online or goldeneye game would be as good as it is now without the point and shoot ability of the wiimote setup. It should be the main, probably only setup for a shooter judging by the wiiu controller. It is just an oversized gameboy advance +graphics otherwise.

I really am worried that, with that screen controller, developers will not be brave enough to just use the wiiremote setup for the games that need them. Especially shooters.

Even though they should.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

erv

Hurt Angry and hurt, hahaha. Very weird consumer behavior if you ask me - I'm angry and hurt about darfur being a total humanitarian mess, not about nintendo's lack of presentation skills lol!

You've got to admit: proper online super expanded huge realtime monster hunter wiiU is going to sell me 2 consoles for the price of 4 if I have to. It's just the aim type games that really need something as intuitive as the wiimote setup. And judging by how long it took developers to make sense of the wiimote, which was literally years (waggle and shake, anyone?) I am still skeptical about the orientating skills of otherwise very, very talented developers...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.