Forums

Topic: Anyone else angry about the Wii U?

Posts 141 to 160 of 277

brooks83

If I can't transfer my VC and WiiWare games to the Wii U, odds are I won't be buying it. I am pretty confident we will be able too though.

brooks83

GameLord08

I'm actually happy with the third-party games; now I won't need to buy two seperate consoles to enjoy both Nintendo goodness, and Xbox-y/Playstation-y havoc. Spoken by some-one who's only played on Nintendo consoles.

Honestly, stop complaining, people. If you want to leave, leave. Nobody said that all Nintendo titles will vanish, for flip's sake. At best, ignore the rest and stick to your Marios, Zeldas and Kirbys. No-one will Duke-Nukem you for it.

GameLord08

HugoSmits

most of the time stocks go down when a new console is announced good or bad. Because it's a scary time for investors. Even if the thing could poop out rainbows and heal all of mankind, the stock would still go down. Because nobody knows how it will do once on the shelves.

that said; I honestly think Nintendo was forced to release info about the console. With all the rumours going around, it could get quite ugly real quick for the big N. So to stop them they could only announce (and make sure the expectations where not too high).

I'm not convinced with the wii U, and I think there are alot of lose ends. I think it will change alot before release.
Also I'm not happy with the hardware currenlty in there. Sure Nintendo will be on the same level as xbox360 and ps3 for a while
but depeding on the market and how threatent Sony en MS feel they could release their new consoles as early as 2013.
Which is a short time for Nintendo to be on the same level.

Edited on by HugoSmits

HugoSmits

Twitter:

skywake

WaltzElf wrote:

I just hope you neve step into investment, skywake, because your idea of what investment is, is wrong.

If I had stock in Nintendo I would be selling right now too. Not because I necessarily expect Nintendo's fortunes to go south, but because Nintendo is attempting to do something against the rest of the industry trend. It might work, or it might be another Gamecube.

You seem to forget it's also too early to predict Nintendo's success. Keeping stock is as much of a "guess" as selling it, when there are far more stable and sensible shares available elsewhere.

Personally, I'd be investing in EA right now.

I think you entirely missed what I just said and if you think what I said is WRONG (investing in a diverse range of companies) then I'd be hoping that you never invest large amounts of money into things. It's investors that think like that that cause stock market bubbles and crashes.

Personally I'd be avoiding specific tech companies altogether especially Nintendo. Nintendo are a strong company but they target a very specific market, games and only games. If I had money in Nintendo I'd probably be very nervous every time they take a bold move like this, I would've been ridiculously scared when they announced the Wii and DS. Apple, Microsoft and Sony would be tech companies that I'd be much happier investing money in because they have a range of products. If the PS4 or PSV fails hard then it's not that big a deal, they do TVs and Music and heaps of other things. If the next XBox fails then Microsoft still have Windows, Office and now even Skype. If the Wii U or 3DS fail hard then........ Nintendo go from a huge tech company to a very popular games developer.

I can understand why investors are freaking out about the Wii U........ but it's purely a guess. It's speculation and nervousness. It's not a prediction on what will actually happen in the future.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ZackNormandin

I haven't read this thread in a few days, but I really hope E3 2012 will be much better. I just don't wanna use a wiimote. One person uses the new controller, while all others use the wiimote? That, my friends, is cheap.

You weren't using gamecube controllers on the wii, right?
You weren't using N64 controllers on the gamecube, right?

I still don't see how this is an ALL-NEW console. Still has the cheezy mii characters, still uses the wii balance board, wiimotes.
I want NEW stuff.

When the 8th gen xbox comes out, it's going to have ALL-NEW stuff and hopefully they'll give up with Kinect.

Sony has used the same dualshock-style controller, they'll use dualshock again with PS4.

If I'm convinced at E3 2012 that WiiU is truly a NEW console, I'll consider purchasing it.
I hope they do a few tweaks, make a few design changes, etc.

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious
3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052
Google+
SoundCloud
[url=http://reverbnation.com/zacknormand...

Meta-Rift

@ZackNormandin: How is Wii U different? First of all, it's HD. Second, the controller isn't a pointer and has dual analogue sticks. And then there's third party support.

I used GameCube controllers on the Wii a lot, actually, and if we really can't use more than one controller on Wii U, we'll be able to use a 3DS as a controller.

Meta-Rift

ZackNormandin

Rift wrote:

@ZackNormandin: How is Wii U different? First of all, it's HD. Second, the controller isn't a pointer and has dual analogue sticks. And then there's third party support.

I used GameCube controllers on the Wii a lot, actually, and if we really can't use more than one controller on Wii U, we'll be able to use a 3DS as a controller.

Great. Ugh, so lets buy 3 Nintendo 3DS systems so we don't have to use the wiimotes.
Good strategy Nintendo has, but I'm not rich
I'd rather buy one console, and a few cheap controllers.
Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it, AHHHH. Less is MORE! Controllers of ONE KIND on ONE console is perfect. Nintendo is jumbling all these things.

Nintendo:

Lets make a Wii, add some wiimotes, add a classic controller you use sometimes.
Lets add a nunchuck too!
Lets add Wii Fit and a balance board, oh, and a gun addon!
Lets make people buy a motionplus, so stick on the bottom of their wiimotes!
Lets make people buy a Nintendo DS! Then a DS Lite! Then a DSi! Then a DSi Lite! Then a DSiXL!
Now Lets make people buy a 3DS, which uses the same old gimmick!
Now Lets announce a new Wii console, which is a Wii with upgraded features
With this new console, I'll make you buy everything you got with Wii!
Sing it with me even though it doesn't rhyme!
A New Controller, a Wiimote..with motionplus!
A Balanceboard, a Gun addon!
And a Nintendo 3DS!
Buy 2 more 3DS systems, now you are all set to go!
I'll see you all in 2013, where we'll release something else!

Seriously, I liked Xbox 360 cuz you didn't need 600 million things.
1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Edited on by ZackNormandin

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious
3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052
Google+
SoundCloud
[url=http://reverbnation.com/zacknormand...

Malkeor

I'm sure they'll come up with something, other than using old control methods for multiplayer.
Having one person use the Tablet, and the others using Wii accessories doesn't seem fair.
It's troublesome they didn't think about this, but they have plenty of time to come up with a cheap method.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

HolyMackerel

ZackNormandin wrote:

1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Ok. You have an Xbox 360, so you're set for life.

HolyMackerel

Blaze

ZackNormandin wrote:

Rift wrote:

Great. Ugh, so lets buy 3 Nintendo 3DS systems so we don't have to use the wiimotes.
Good strategy Nintendo has, but I'm not rich
Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it, AHHHH. Less is MORE! Controllers of ONE KIND on ONE console is perfect. Nintendo is jumbling all these things.

Nintendo:

Lets add a nunchuck too!
Lets make people buy a Nintendo DS! Then a DS Lite! Then a DSi! Then a DSi Lite! Then a DSiXL!
And a Nintendo 3DS!

1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Fine, you can enjoy your XBOX, you obviously never bought any of Nintendo's things anyway judging from that comment, so i doubt it applies to you. Just enjoy your amazing XBOX, all you could ever want in life, apart from a decent Console and an online that dosen't cost $40

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Meta-Rift

ZackNormandin wrote:

Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it

Unless you plan on buying Wii U Fit, you would have no use for a balance board. The "gun add-on" isn't a controller, it's something you put the controller in, and it isn't required for any game. I've never lost a stylus, and they're worth about 50 cents each, anyway. You wouldn't buy three portable systems, the other players would use theirs. I'm certain that we won't be limited to one controller, anyway. In this entire thread, your only rational argument is the single-controller limit, and I really doubt that's the way it will be.

Meta-Rift

LzWinky

ZackNormandin wrote:

Nintendo:

Lets add a nunchuck too!

I'm sure Microsoft would do the same if they made a handheld

ZackNormandin wrote:

What gimmick would that be?

ZackNormandin wrote:

So...what does that make the XBOX 360. Oh right, an upgraded Xbox

ZackNormandin wrote:

And a Nintendo 3DS!

This strategy is assuming you already had the 3DS, not buy it to use as a controller

ZackNormandin wrote:

Why do you have to buy the systems? Are you gonna play by yourself? Your friends might own a 3DS.

ZackNormandin wrote:

I'll see Microsoft there as well

ZackNormandin wrote:

1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

What? You don't want the Kinect considering that's been Microsoft's focus lately?

Also, your argument is highly flawed. You're assuming you need to buy ALL of that to use with the new system, which is not the case. Nintendo is simply giving gamers more options for controllers.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

GameLord08 wrote:

@lzbirdboy Don't steal AirCop's thunder.

Wha...? Aircop?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Slapshot

So far Nintendo won't confirm this, but it looks as if the console will only support one tablet per console, and all the multiplayer will be used with Wiimotes and/or taking turns with the Wii U Pad.

Considering that Nintendo hasn't shown one game running on the system yet - New Super Mario Bros and Mii was a tech demo - and the investors that fund Nintendo are already showing signs of strong disapproval of the system because of its serious competition (that will be even stronger by the time it releases), I would think that it's actually possible that this Wii U might not actually happen at all.

The Wii had no competition and was extremely innovative - to the extent that market analyst called it "catching lighting in a bottle" with it's extreme success. DS (All previous handhelds before it) had literally no real competition and look at the results. NES/SNES featured the most powerful hardware on the market with extreme success. But, Gamecube was an underpowered system without the standard DVD features, and the end result nearly put Nintendo out of the home console market.

Moving to Wii U, it's been confirmed that it only on par with the 360 in power and a current gen system. The 1080p HD screen/controller will be expensive to produce, and Nintendo won't sell the system at a loss, which a year from now will still put the system at $300+. It's in direct competition to the iPad, Sony's upcoming Pad, and even with PSVita. Because of the current gen status, market analyst are predicting the system to sell to Nintendo fans only, and the casual markets are ruled out in the majority because most of them will buy iPads before this because of the Free/Cheap games and full computer capabilites. 3rd party software is also expected to sell very poorly once again, because the majority of 3rd party game sells are by PS3/360 gamers, which will likely still be playing those system; why would anyone buy another system with the same power to play the same games?

Regardless of what you think of the Wii U, the market that this console is being launched in is totally different than when Wii launched. Another though to think about, do you remember all those Apple comments coming from Nintendo over the past few months? I think they already know that they are facing!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Chris720

That dude to the left "PROJECT CAFE... ZOMG!" that was not me when Wii U came up, it's competing with too many things at once. At first you have a system catching up with the HD graphics, then you have a controller that's competing with both the 3DS, the PSVita and the iPad, the expense of the console and the controller will be ridiculous and will cost Nintendo a fair bit of money to produce more of those controllers.

To be honest, it has no market, only Nintendo fans will most likely buy it. The problem with it is, it's competing at way too many platforms, including itself. The 3DS has nothing of its own now, the Wii U controller can do it all and 10 times better, the only good thing of the 3DS now is you can carry it around...

The Wii U may still happen, but releasing it next year... is just stupidity. It's way too early to release something that looks barely finished, okay they might have all the core modules down, but what kind of market are they targeting with this thing? The iPad, 3DS, PSVita, PS3 and 360 are all competitives in this very, very broad market.

If they do release it next year, I have a feeling a Virtual Boy will happen, it's amazing but ahead of its time.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Ryno

Wow Slapshot, your post was a great read. I agree with what you said 100% The best point (and there were many), "3rd party software is also expected to sell very poorly once again, because the majority of 3rd party game sells are by PS3/360 gamers, which will likely still be playing those system; why would anyone buy another system with the same power to play the same games?" I wont be buying a Wii U to play 3rd part games that is for sure. I miss the days when video game companies made exclusive games for systems.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Gamesake

Slapshot wrote:

the investors that fund Nintendo are already showing signs of strong disapproval of the system because of its serious competition (that will be even stronger by the time it releases), I would think that it's actually possible that this Wii U might not actually happen at all.

The Wii had no competition and was extremely innovative - to the extent that market analyst called it "catching lighting in a bottle" with it's extreme success. DS (All previous handhelds before it) had literally no real competition and look at the results.

The stock drop didn't surprise me. Wii U could out sell PS3 and maybe even Xbox Kinect, but it won't out sell the original Wii.

Slapshot wrote:

NES/SNES featured the most powerful hardware on the market with extreme success. But, Gamecube was an underpowered system without the standard DVD features, and the end result nearly put Nintendo out of the home console market..

More power doesn't=big sales. Don't forget the Dreamcast, the Xbox, the PSP, and the PS3.

Slapshot wrote:

Another though to think about, do you remember all those Apple comments coming from Nintendo over the past few months? I think they already know that they are facing!

I think the iPad is going to cut into laptop sales more than the Wii U's.

...in my pants.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Yeah, Mr. Slapshot paints a depressingly realistic possibility. Nintendo might still pull it off but it isn't going to be easy or certain. When I saw that article (somewhere) about iPads using AirPlay to send HD video game output to an AppleTV to be displayed on a TV I saw the handwriting on the wall. Nintendo isn't going to be out in the blue ocean anymore. It's going to be in the crowded harbor with everyone else.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

tone7888

I’m not mad at all and will be adding the WiiU to my group of gaming consoles. But of course I’m a hobby gamer and like all types of games on many different machines. Anyway that being said yes there are some decent games on all current tech, why can’t people just enjoy the fact we have a choice. If you don’t like WiiU don’t buy it if you do than buy it, that simple. Do I feel they are competing with Android and Apple for gaming market? Good question, I feel the media has made this into a stupid war that shouldn’t be. A game on a phone, no matter the company, is just that. I cannot personally play a game for a long period of time on my Android phone or my Ipod touch, no controls. Touch screen controls aren’t the greatest for me. Now are they good for quick 5 minute fix, yes? But anything over 5 minutes I’m pulling my 3DS or PSP out depending on which one I have with me. But Nintendo went after a unstable market with the Wii and they are going to full the affects.

tone7888

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.