Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else angry about the Wii U?

Showing 141 to 160 of 292

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

141. Posted:

skywake wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

People who are good at investing do not guess. It's as simple as that. The look at a company, how it is currently performing, what is on the horizon for that company, and the broader trends around that market.

and then they make a guess based on that. It's an educated guess but it's still a guess

You should look up the difference between "prediction" and "guess."

"Guess" implies something that no investor I've ever met would ever consider doing.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

142. Posted:

Most of the time investing is an educated guess. Sometimes the comany does better than expected, sometimes they do worse. There are no certainties, which is why it's good to diversify your portfolio so that if one stock does worse than expected, it can be offset by other stock. With that said, I belive the investors are being very fickle. I don't believe the Wii U revelation was as mind blowing as the revelation of the original Wii, but I think a lot of people are interested in it and it is very likely to sell well. I don't know what the investors were expecting. They really should wait for more details (price, online details, etc.) before panicking and selling their stock. If anyone here wants to invest in Nintendo stock, now would be a good time. Buy cheap, sell high :p

EDIT: And yes I know it's more a prediction than a guess, but you get my point.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

143. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

You should look up the difference between "prediction" and "guess."

"Guess" implies something that no investor I've ever met would ever consider doing.

Guess implies that they don't really know, I know that no investor would ever admit that's what they're doing. What they say they're doing is, and you're right, "predicting" the market rather than guessing. Prediction implies that they can see the future........................................

Which is exactly why a good investor will say, as @brooks83 said, "ok, that's nice Mr Analyst but I'm going to put my money into more than just this one thing that you think is going to be big. Hey, maybe you're wrong about Nintendo and Facebook isn't going to destroy them. Who knows! I'll put some money into both and then this mining company, this bank, this insurance company and......". Of course then the investor is betting on the fact that, in the long term, the market doesn't fall apart completely but they're all taking bets so....

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

144. Posted:

I just hope you neve step into investment, skywake, because your idea of what investment is, is wrong.

If I had stock in Nintendo I would be selling right now too. Not because I necessarily expect Nintendo's fortunes to go south, but because Nintendo is attempting to do something against the rest of the industry trend. It might work, or it might be another Gamecube.

You seem to forget it's also too early to predict Nintendo's success. Keeping stock is as much of a "guess" as selling it, when there are far more stable and sensible shares available elsewhere.

Personally, I'd be investing in EA right now.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

145. Posted:

It's too early to tell whether the Wii U is going to turn out to be a success or failure, and it is certainly too early to get angry about a console that has just been announced. I would wait until next year's E3 before denouncing the system. Personally, I think the concept is interesting. But I will have to see what games Nintendo are developing for the system before I even consider buying it. Also, I hope VC and WiiWare games are transferable to the Wii U.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

146. Posted:

If I can't transfer my VC and WiiWare games to the Wii U, odds are I won't be buying it. I am pretty confident we will be able too though.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

147. Posted:

I'm actually happy with the third-party games; now I won't need to buy two seperate consoles to enjoy both Nintendo goodness, and Xbox-y/Playstation-y havoc. Spoken by some-one who's only played on Nintendo consoles.

Honestly, stop complaining, people. If you want to leave, leave. Nobody said that all Nintendo titles will vanish, for flip's sake. At best, ignore the rest and stick to your Marios, Zeldas and Kirbys. No-one will Duke-Nukem you for it.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HugoSmits

148. Posted:

most of the time stocks go down when a new console is announced good or bad. Because it's a scary time for investors. Even if the thing could poop out rainbows and heal all of mankind, the stock would still go down. Because nobody knows how it will do once on the shelves.

that said; I honestly think Nintendo was forced to release info about the console. With all the rumours going around, it could get quite ugly real quick for the big N. So to stop them they could only announce (and make sure the expectations where not too high).

I'm not convinced with the wii U, and I think there are alot of lose ends. I think it will change alot before release.
Also I'm not happy with the hardware currenlty in there. Sure Nintendo will be on the same level as xbox360 and ps3 for a while
but depeding on the market and how threatent Sony en MS feel they could release their new consoles as early as 2013.
Which is a short time for Nintendo to be on the same level.

Edited on by HugoSmits

HugoSmits

Twitter: HugoSmits

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

149. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

I just hope you neve step into investment, skywake, because your idea of what investment is, is wrong.

If I had stock in Nintendo I would be selling right now too. Not because I necessarily expect Nintendo's fortunes to go south, but because Nintendo is attempting to do something against the rest of the industry trend. It might work, or it might be another Gamecube.

You seem to forget it's also too early to predict Nintendo's success. Keeping stock is as much of a "guess" as selling it, when there are far more stable and sensible shares available elsewhere.

Personally, I'd be investing in EA right now.

I think you entirely missed what I just said and if you think what I said is WRONG (investing in a diverse range of companies) then I'd be hoping that you never invest large amounts of money into things. It's investors that think like that that cause stock market bubbles and crashes.

Personally I'd be avoiding specific tech companies altogether especially Nintendo. Nintendo are a strong company but they target a very specific market, games and only games. If I had money in Nintendo I'd probably be very nervous every time they take a bold move like this, I would've been ridiculously scared when they announced the Wii and DS. Apple, Microsoft and Sony would be tech companies that I'd be much happier investing money in because they have a range of products. If the PS4 or PSV fails hard then it's not that big a deal, they do TVs and Music and heaps of other things. If the next XBox fails then Microsoft still have Windows, Office and now even Skype. If the Wii U or 3DS fail hard then........ Nintendo go from a huge tech company to a very popular games developer.

I can understand why investors are freaking out about the Wii U........ but it's purely a guess. It's speculation and nervousness. It's not a prediction on what will actually happen in the future.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZackNormandin

150. Posted:

I haven't read this thread in a few days, but I really hope E3 2012 will be much better. I just don't wanna use a wiimote. One person uses the new controller, while all others use the wiimote? That, my friends, is cheap.

You weren't using gamecube controllers on the wii, right?
You weren't using N64 controllers on the gamecube, right?

I still don't see how this is an ALL-NEW console. Still has the cheezy mii characters, still uses the wii balance board, wiimotes.
I want NEW stuff.

When the 8th gen xbox comes out, it's going to have ALL-NEW stuff and hopefully they'll give up with Kinect.

Sony has used the same dualshock-style controller, they'll use dualshock again with PS4.

If I'm convinced at E3 2012 that WiiU is truly a NEW console, I'll consider purchasing it.
I hope they do a few tweaks, make a few design changes, etc.

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious
3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052
Google+
SoundCloud
Reverbnation
Youtube
Imgur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

151. Posted:

@ZackNormandin: How is Wii U different? First of all, it's HD. Second, the controller isn't a pointer and has dual analogue sticks. And then there's third party support.

I used GameCube controllers on the Wii a lot, actually, and if we really can't use more than one controller on Wii U, we'll be able to use a 3DS as a controller.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ZackNormandin

152. Posted:

Rift wrote:

@ZackNormandin: How is Wii U different? First of all, it's HD. Second, the controller isn't a pointer and has dual analogue sticks. And then there's third party support.

I used GameCube controllers on the Wii a lot, actually, and if we really can't use more than one controller on Wii U, we'll be able to use a 3DS as a controller.

Great. Ugh, so lets buy 3 Nintendo 3DS systems so we don't have to use the wiimotes.
Good strategy Nintendo has, but I'm not rich :(
I'd rather buy one console, and a few cheap controllers.
Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it, AHHHH. Less is MORE! Controllers of ONE KIND on ONE console is perfect. Nintendo is jumbling all these things.

Nintendo:

Lets make a Wii, add some wiimotes, add a classic controller you use sometimes.
Lets add a nunchuck too!
Lets add Wii Fit and a balance board, oh, and a gun addon!
Lets make people buy a motionplus, so stick on the bottom of their wiimotes!
Lets make people buy a Nintendo DS! Then a DS Lite! Then a DSi! Then a DSi Lite! Then a DSiXL!
Now Lets make people buy a 3DS, which uses the same old gimmick!
Now Lets announce a new Wii console, which is a Wii with upgraded features
With this new console, I'll make you buy everything you got with Wii!
Sing it with me even though it doesn't rhyme!
A New Controller, a Wiimote..with motionplus!
A Balanceboard, a Gun addon!
And a Nintendo 3DS!
Buy 2 more 3DS systems, now you are all set to go!
I'll see you all in 2013, where we'll release something else!

Seriously, I liked Xbox 360 cuz you didn't need 600 million things.
1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Edited on by ZackNormandin

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious
3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052
Google+
SoundCloud
Reverbnation
Youtube
Imgur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Malkeor

153. Posted:

I'm sure they'll come up with something, other than using old control methods for multiplayer.
Having one person use the Tablet, and the others using Wii accessories doesn't seem fair.
It's troublesome they didn't think about this, but they have plenty of time to come up with a cheap method.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

154. Posted:

ZackNormandin wrote:

1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Ok. You have an Xbox 360, so you're set for life.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blaze

155. Posted:

ZackNormandin wrote:

Rift wrote:

@ZackNormandin: How is Wii U different? First of all, it's HD. Second, the controller isn't a pointer and has dual analogue sticks. And then there's third party support.

I used GameCube controllers on the Wii a lot, actually, and if we really can't use more than one controller on Wii U, we'll be able to use a 3DS as a controller.

Great. Ugh, so lets buy 3 Nintendo 3DS systems so we don't have to use the wiimotes.
Good strategy Nintendo has, but I'm not rich :(
I'd rather buy one console, and a few cheap controllers.
Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it, AHHHH. Less is MORE! Controllers of ONE KIND on ONE console is perfect. Nintendo is jumbling all these things.

Nintendo:

Lets make a Wii, add some wiimotes, add a classic controller you use sometimes.
Lets add a nunchuck too!
Lets add Wii Fit and a balance board, oh, and a gun addon!
Lets make people buy a motionplus, so stick on the bottom of their wiimotes!
Lets make people buy a Nintendo DS! Then a DS Lite! Then a DSi! Then a DSi Lite! Then a DSiXL!
Now Lets make people buy a 3DS, which uses the same old gimmick!
Now Lets announce a new Wii console, which is a Wii with upgraded features
With this new console, I'll make you buy everything you got with Wii!
Sing it with me even though it doesn't rhyme!
A New Controller, a Wiimote..with motionplus!
A Balanceboard, a Gun addon!
And a Nintendo 3DS!
Buy 2 more 3DS systems, now you are all set to go!
I'll see you all in 2013, where we'll release something else!

Seriously, I liked Xbox 360 cuz you didn't need 600 million things.
1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

Fine, you can enjoy your XBOX, you obviously never bought any of Nintendo's things anyway judging from that comment, so i doubt it applies to you. Just enjoy your amazing XBOX, all you could ever want in life, apart from a decent Console and an online that dosen't cost $40

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

156. Posted:

ZackNormandin wrote:

I'd rather buy one console, and a few cheap controllers.
Not a console, 3 Nintendo portable systems, a balance board, a gun addon, wiimotes, replacement stylus for when I lose it

Unless you plan on buying Wii U Fit, you would have no use for a balance board. The "gun add-on" isn't a controller, it's something you put the controller in, and it isn't required for any game. I've never lost a stylus, and they're worth about 50 cents each, anyway. You wouldn't buy three portable systems, the other players would use theirs. I'm certain that we won't be limited to one controller, anyway. In this entire thread, your only rational argument is the single-controller limit, and I really doubt that's the way it will be.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

157. Posted:

ZackNormandin wrote:

Nintendo:

Lets make a Wii, add some wiimotes, add a classic controller you use sometimes.
Lets add a nunchuck too!
Lets add Wii Fit and a balance board, oh, and a gun addon!
Lets make people buy a motionplus, so stick on the bottom of their wiimotes!
Lets make people buy a Nintendo DS! Then a DS Lite! Then a DSi! Then a DSi Lite! Then a DSiXL!

I'm sure Microsoft would do the same if they made a handheld

ZackNormandin wrote:

Now Lets make people buy a 3DS, which uses the same old gimmick!

What gimmick would that be?

ZackNormandin wrote:

Now Lets announce a new Wii console, which is a Wii with upgraded features

So...what does that make the XBOX 360. Oh right, an upgraded Xbox ;)

ZackNormandin wrote:

With this new console, I'll make you buy everything you got with Wii!
Sing it with me even though it doesn't rhyme!
A New Controller, a Wiimote..with motionplus!
A Balanceboard, a Gun addon!
And a Nintendo 3DS!

This strategy is assuming you already had the 3DS, not buy it to use as a controller

ZackNormandin wrote:

Buy 2 more 3DS systems, now you are all set to go!

Why do you have to buy the systems? Are you gonna play by yourself? Your friends might own a 3DS.

ZackNormandin wrote:

I'll see you all in 2013, where we'll release something else!

I'll see Microsoft there as well ;)

ZackNormandin wrote:

Seriously, I liked Xbox 360 cuz you didn't need 600 million things.
1. Controller
2. Headset
3. Console
4. TV
Thats all I want

What? You don't want the Kinect considering that's been Microsoft's focus lately?

Also, your argument is highly flawed. You're assuming you need to buy ALL of that to use with the new system, which is not the case. Nintendo is simply giving gamers more options for controllers.

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

158. Posted:

@lzbirdboy Don't steal AirCop's thunder. :P

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

159. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

@lzbirdboy Don't steal AirCop's thunder. :P

Wha...? Aircop?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

160. Posted:

So far Nintendo won't confirm this, but it looks as if the console will only support one tablet per console, and all the multiplayer will be used with Wiimotes and/or taking turns with the Wii U Pad.

Considering that Nintendo hasn't shown one game running on the system yet - New Super Mario Bros and Mii was a tech demo - and the investors that fund Nintendo are already showing signs of strong disapproval of the system because of its serious competition (that will be even stronger by the time it releases), I would think that it's actually possible that this Wii U might not actually happen at all.

The Wii had no competition and was extremely innovative - to the extent that market analyst called it "catching lighting in a bottle" with it's extreme success. DS (All previous handhelds before it) had literally no real competition and look at the results. NES/SNES featured the most powerful hardware on the market with extreme success. But, Gamecube was an underpowered system without the standard DVD features, and the end result nearly put Nintendo out of the home console market.

Moving to Wii U, it's been confirmed that it only on par with the 360 in power and a current gen system. The 1080p HD screen/controller will be expensive to produce, and Nintendo won't sell the system at a loss, which a year from now will still put the system at $300+. It's in direct competition to the iPad, Sony's upcoming Pad, and even with PSVita. Because of the current gen status, market analyst are predicting the system to sell to Nintendo fans only, and the casual markets are ruled out in the majority because most of them will buy iPads before this because of the Free/Cheap games and full computer capabilites. 3rd party software is also expected to sell very poorly once again, because the majority of 3rd party game sells are by PS3/360 gamers, which will likely still be playing those system; why would anyone buy another system with the same power to play the same games?

Regardless of what you think of the Wii U, the market that this console is being launched in is totally different than when Wii launched. Another though to think about, do you remember all those Apple comments coming from Nintendo over the past few months? I think they already know that they are facing!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82