Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else angry about the Wii U?

Showing 121 to 140 of 292

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

121. Posted:

Are you doing alright, man? From what I've read of your posts this isn't like you, and some of your statements are pretty nonsensical.

If you really are just that dissatisfied with Nintendo, maybe you're not part of their audience anymore. Maybe you're more of a PC gamer, or not much of a gamer at all.

One thing is for sure though, this is not a joke console. This is the future of Nintendo gaming. You can either choose to accept it or move on to something else when all of the vital information is revealed and its release nears.

In the end, it's just a console.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

122. Posted:

Having read the OP and noted that this thread is now 122 replies long, I can only congratulate the OP on his expert trolling.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

123. Posted:

If I can transfer my VC, this will be the best system I will ever own...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

ArmoredGoomba

124. Posted:

No it looks AWESOME

ArmoredGoomba

AuthorMessage

m-wasi

125. Posted:

Hahaha,

I love how people rant and badmouth a system that has only been revealed for a day. I would understand the post and give they guy some credit if he actually knew what he was talking about. Have you personally seen the Wii U in action? No. Have you played any games on the Wii U? No.
I know it's your personal opinion, and that's fine. It's just that I felt like I was reading a letter from an angry 7 year old who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. Now how can I take someone like this seriously?
All I'm saying is, don't criticize a system that you haven't even tried.
When the Wii U comes out, who knows what's going to happen. Sure, it might be exactly like the Wii, or it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread

m-wasi

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

126. Posted:

Here's something to ponder.

I'm hopeful that this means that the Wii U will be marketed at a low price. While I love Nintendo, I can't lie that I love a good price a bit more.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Adam

127. Posted:

I do not get angry over inanimate objects with which I am not required to interact. Thank you for starting this thread so I would have a place to share my feelings.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

128. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I'm hopeful that this means that the Wii U will be marketed at a low price. While I love Nintendo, I can't lie that I love a good price a bit more.

I suspect that shares have dropped off a bit as people hold off buying a Wii in anticipation of a newer, shinier console that does all a Wii does, plus a bit more.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

129. Posted:

Amorous_Badger wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I suspect that shares have dropped off a bit as people hold off buying a Wii in anticipation of a newer, shinier console that does all a Wii does, plus a bit more.

i not really sure that's how the market mentality works.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

SpicyDuck

130. Posted:

I read the first line that said "I wanted something new"! and stopped, what a 6.2 inch screen on your controller isn't good enough for you?

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

AuthorMessage

Squid

131. Posted:

The only problems I have are the name. And the controller looks a little uncomfortable, but, overall I think it's fine.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

132. Posted:

Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

133. Posted:

You know, you seem to be against gaming in general. All your arguments contradict each other, and you're stubbornly not accepting any company's products. How do you expect any satisfaction when you don't give way for flaws just because of your own personal expectations?

Piece of advice, go play Ludo or something, and quit video-games in general. Or build your own console.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

AirCop

134. Posted:

On the name issue, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

If there is one thing games companies can't do, it's name their consoles.

Back in the day, they just used words like 'Super' or 'Mega', because we all know those words are, like, cool. Right kids?

Super NES. Mega Drive.

Then we have the cube that you play games on - it's a Game Cube. The box shaped console with a big X on the front - yup, that's an Xbox alright.

Sony followed up the Playstation with the Playstation 2. And as if that wasn't genius enough, that followed that up with the Playstation 3.

Hey, what's the first letter of Nintendo? How many bits is this console? N64 baby! There was an entertainment system made by Nintendo years ago... can't remember what it was called now though.

You remember the fuss over the name of the iPad? It didn't exactly go down well with everyone.

So yeah, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo - they couldn't name a console to save their lives. It wont make the games any better, or indeed worse. It wont change the price. It wont really make any difference.

Also, any name, given the fullness of time, will grow on you.

Edited on by AirCop

AirCop

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

135. Posted:

DrKarl wrote:

Highwinter wrote:

"it can handle one tablet controller plus as many as four Wii Remotes or Wii Remote Plus wands."
...but I was mainly interested in the concept of it doing Four Swords/Crystal Chronicles style games, where you can be playing co-op but with each player getting their own unique screen with extra information, etc.

If this is true, my level of excitement has diminished considerably, as I am also very interested in the Four Swords style as well. Let's hope that Destructoid got this one wrong, and there can be 4+ tablet controllers.

good news today then, with Miyamoto brainstorming about using a 3DS as a controller. hooray!

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

136. Posted:

haha this post is hilarious. But, I do feel the Wii U is only another peripheral for the Wii. They haven't shown anything to make it stand apart from the Wii, and besides brand recognition, I think keeping the Wii name was a mistake.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

137. Posted:

Amorous_Badger wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

You... do realise that the financial markets and hardware/ software sales are not necessarily related?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

skywake

138. Posted:

Markets are all about guessing future stability and profitability. They don't care much at all about how well something has done, they're more concerned with guessing how well things will do in the future. The fact that people might be "holding off" buying a Wii (and who are these people still without a Wii? Will they be buying the Wii U?) doesn't have much of an impact at all. If the end result is that a lot of people really, really, really want a Wii U then that's a huge positive.

The drop in Nintendo share prices has more to do with investors and analysts having expectations for the Wii U that weren't met.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Bankai

139. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Markets are all about guessing future stability and profitability. They don't care much at all about how well something has done, they're more concerned with guessing how well things will do in the future. The fact that people might be "holding off" buying a Wii (and who are these people still without a Wii? Will they be buying the Wii U?) doesn't have much of an impact at all. If the end result is that a lot of people really, really, really want a Wii U then that's a huge positive.

The drop in Nintendo share prices has more to do with investors and analysts having expectations for the Wii U that weren't met.

People who are good at investing do not guess. It's as simple as that. The look at a company, how it is currently performing, what is on the horizon for that company, and the broader trends around that market.

The Wii U is a direct successor to the Wii that, while impressive technology, is going to be released contrary to current popular trends in gaming. The Wii U doesn't promise much in terms of social, casual (as in, iPhone casual) and digital downloadable content from what Nintendo has shown us so far.

Because dominant market wisdom is that the future is in mutiple-featured devices that do more than gaming, are casual in orientation and are socially orientated, it would be a risk to hang on to Nintendo's shares - they have not come up with a console that is a guaranteed sale.

Look at where the acquisitions and product development are happening: EA's acquired iPhone developers (Firemint) and publishers (Chillingo). Square Enix and Tecmo Koei have invested heavily in Facebook games and, incidently, Zynga is the most valueable games software company around right now. Activision, the traditional games publisher, has scaled back many of its traditional activities like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero.

Microsoft, Sony and Apple are all about cloud and digital downloadable gaming now.

Nintendo stands alone. That is a risky, risky investment.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

skywake

140. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

People who are good at investing do not guess. It's as simple as that. The look at a company, how it is currently performing, what is on the horizon for that company, and the broader trends around that market.

and then they make a guess based on that. It's an educated guess but it's still a guess

NNID: skywake