Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 121 to 140 of 385

AuthorMessage

Aviator

121. Posted:

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

122. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

To be fair, the 3DS guy was pretty bad.

While I've never been in front of a crowd that big, I've performed and spoken in front of audiences of hundreds of people many times, and I can handle that OK.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

123. Posted:

Talking in front of people is hard and I personally this m jobs is the only personxwho has impressed me with his ability to command an audience. Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton give off a used car salesman vibe.
And E3 this year came Down to this

Untitled

I'm honestly surprised that Sony didn't announce a dance or fitness game.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

124. Posted:

There is one thing that was odd is there was no Iwata on stage. I wonder what happen to him.

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

125. Posted:

ShadowChaos wrote:

There is one thing that was odd is there was no Iwata on stage. I wonder what happen to him.

It was Miyamoto and Reggie for WiiU. Iwata and that other guy for 3DS?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

126. Posted:

But what if Iwata didn't appear for the 3DS?

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

127. Posted:

Then oh wells. Not a big deal...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Silvervisiona

128. Posted:

I heard of an Iwata sighting with Reggie in an elevator yesterday....not to mention the round table.

Edited on by Silvervisiona

3DS FC: 4940 - 5465 - 5797

AuthorMessage

SteveW

129. Posted:

I just want a price and a release date.

I have a feeling they are struggling to get this ready in time, they have a lot to do before then and we will probably end up with Wii U systems that are missing a lot of the functionality until updates come 6 months or a year later.

SteveW

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

130. Posted:

Sigh, my do I get the feeling that Wii U is going down the same road as 3DS did? It will sell well the first month or so, then sales will drop due to over pricing and lack of good games, then later the price will be cut and the really good stuff will come in (Smash Bros anyone?) then it will be up there with it's portable counterpart. Just watch this happen again...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

hailsanta

131. Posted:

i think they should have waited one more year. the timing is just.....not right. i don't know many people who have even heard of wii u at all. extending the wii franchise is just a misstep to me. so many people will not understand that it is a new system. i'm sure the big big games are coming...just not any time soon. nintendo just needs another revolutionary idea....before apple does

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

AuthorMessage

DeadAntelopesGo

132. Posted:

I was a little disappointed yesterday. But I was just browing over Nintendo's e3 website and I find myself getting more excited. Nintendoland, Mario U, and Pikmin 3 are actually a good solid first party line up for a launch. And there are others. But those 3 games alone make it ok. I think they focused their E3 on launch stuff, not games that'll come out next year.

KI:U multiplayer kills - 1365 (as of 1/4/13)
Currently Playing: ZombiU

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9487-5194

AuthorMessage

BenAV

133. Posted:

Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU have me quite looking forward to the Wii U launch, and there are plenty more that have been announced that I might get depending on how they turn out and how much money I have.
While there weren't really any big surprise announcements during the press conference which was a little disappointing, there is still a lot of quality titles on the way early in the Wii U's lifetime and I'm sure there's plenty of other first party and third party titles that are still yet to be announced.

The Wii U launch is going to devour my bank account.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

134. Posted:

Why would you not show off a Platinum Games game?! Are they just idiots?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

DeadAntelopesGo

135. Posted:

Their facebook just said they are going to "be delivering info about a new game every hour for the next 26.2 hours."

KI:U multiplayer kills - 1365 (as of 1/4/13)
Currently Playing: ZombiU

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9487-5194

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

136. Posted:

I just wanted Star fox.... :(

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

Chris720

137. Posted:

No matter what your going to say, Nintendo flopped... terribly. It's got some decent first party titles lined up for launch but that is about it and none of them are sparking "BUY ME, BUY ME NAO!" it felt too much like a rush to get through it and never felt interesting or near exciting. It felt more like "here's the Wii U! here's some 3rd-party games... here's a few of our games... here's NintendoLand... BYE!!"

And not a stellar game in the bunch, at least for me. Maybe I'm getting bored with gaming, either that or gaming is starting to lose its magic.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

138. Posted:

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

Their facebook just said they are going to "be delivering info about a new game every hour for the next 26.2 hours."

"Animal Crossing 3D is a game that exists,"

Hour later

"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (or whatever the title is) will have Luigi using a vacuum to suck up ghosts."

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Chris720

139. Posted:

Whenever I see Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... I instantly think of Twilight... anybody else think the same? No? Oh... okay then... sits in the corner ashamed

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

140. Posted:

Title reminds me Transformer's 3rd movie, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.