Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 121 to 140 of 372

ShadowChaos

But what if Iwata didn't appear for the 3DS?

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

komicturtle

Then oh wells. Not a big deal...

komicturtle

Silvervisiona

I heard of an Iwata sighting with Reggie in an elevator yesterday....not to mention the round table.

Edited on by Silvervisiona

3DS FC: 4940 - 5465 - 5797

SteveW

I just want a price and a release date.

I have a feeling they are struggling to get this ready in time, they have a lot to do before then and we will probably end up with Wii U systems that are missing a lot of the functionality until updates come 6 months or a year later.

SteveW

Snagrio

Sigh, my do I get the feeling that Wii U is going down the same road as 3DS did? It will sell well the first month or so, then sales will drop due to over pricing and lack of good games, then later the price will be cut and the really good stuff will come in (Smash Bros anyone?) then it will be up there with it's portable counterpart. Just watch this happen again...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

hailsanta

i think they should have waited one more year. the timing is just.....not right. i don't know many people who have even heard of wii u at all. extending the wii franchise is just a misstep to me. so many people will not understand that it is a new system. i'm sure the big big games are coming...just not any time soon. nintendo just needs another revolutionary idea....before apple does

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

DeadAntelopesGo

I was a little disappointed yesterday. But I was just browing over Nintendo's e3 website and I find myself getting more excited. Nintendoland, Mario U, and Pikmin 3 are actually a good solid first party line up for a launch. And there are others. But those 3 games alone make it ok. I think they focused their E3 on launch stuff, not games that'll come out next year.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

BenAV

Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU have me quite looking forward to the Wii U launch, and there are plenty more that have been announced that I might get depending on how they turn out and how much money I have.
While there weren't really any big surprise announcements during the press conference which was a little disappointing, there is still a lot of quality titles on the way early in the Wii U's lifetime and I'm sure there's plenty of other first party and third party titles that are still yet to be announced.

The Wii U launch is going to devour my bank account.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

DeadAntelopesGo

Their facebook just said they are going to "be delivering info about a new game every hour for the next 26.2 hours."

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

firearrow505

I just wanted Star fox....

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

Chris720

No matter what your going to say, Nintendo flopped... terribly. It's got some decent first party titles lined up for launch but that is about it and none of them are sparking "BUY ME, BUY ME NAO!" it felt too much like a rush to get through it and never felt interesting or near exciting. It felt more like "here's the Wii U! here's some 3rd-party games... here's a few of our games... here's NintendoLand... BYE!!"

And not a stellar game in the bunch, at least for me. Maybe I'm getting bored with gaming, either that or gaming is starting to lose its magic.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

Their facebook just said they are going to "be delivering info about a new game every hour for the next 26.2 hours."

"Animal Crossing 3D is a game that exists,"

Hour later

"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (or whatever the title is) will have Luigi using a vacuum to suck up ghosts."

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chris720

Whenever I see Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... I instantly think of Twilight... anybody else think the same? No? Oh... okay then... sits in the corner ashamed

YouTube

Joeynator3000

Title reminds me Transformer's 3rd movie, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snagrio

Eureka wrote:

That's what I was thinking...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Chris720

Eureka wrote:

[/div]

Well in all honesty it has more in common with Transformer's title than Twilight's.

I was thinking Twilight Dark Moon... but it's actually New Moon... oh dear I am an idiot.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

CowLaunch

Aviator wrote:

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

Reggie, Miyamoto, and Iwata are a brand to gamers. Problem was, they were presenting mostly casual stuff that 'gamers' aren't interested in.

CowLaunch

hailsanta

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

"Animal Crossing 3D is a game that exists,"

"super mario galaxy 3 will let players play as their mii searching for mario, luigi, and the princess"
"WiiU will come bundled with a blank paper mii mask for players to wear while playing nintendo land"

ps- who really gives a crap about the mii's?

Hour later

"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (or whatever the title is) will have Luigi using a vacuum to suck up ghosts."

[/div]

fixed

Edited on by hailsanta

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

Chrono_Cross

CowLaunch wrote:

Aviator wrote:

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

[/div]

Reggie, Miyamoto, and Iwata are a brand to gamers. Problem was, they were presenting mostly casual stuff that 'gamers' aren't interested in.

Reggie is actually a pretty likeable guy and if there were casual gamers out there curious about the Wii U and 3DS, I think Reggie had their attention from beginning to end.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.