Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 101 to 120 of 385

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

101. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Even if right at the end they said "here's a trailer for insert bombshell and you can expect it some time next year" I would have been a lot happier...... but I think I've said enough on this. I just don't understand why people are trying to defend the absence of any real new announcements. :S

So what you are saying is if they would have said Metroid is coming Summer 2013, you would be alright with that? Isn't that what E3 2013 is supposed to do?

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

102. Posted:

You guys talking about too many ubisoft games. (They only showed 2) don't know how e3 works right especially at a console launchright?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

skywake

103. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Even if right at the end they said "here's a trailer for insert bombshell and you can expect it some time next year" I would have been a lot happier...... but I think I've said enough on this. I just don't understand why people are trying to defend the absence of any real new announcements. :S

So what you are saying is if they would have said Metroid is coming Summer 2013, you would be alright with that? Isn't that what E3 2013 is supposed to do?

Yes. At Nintendo's 2006 E3 they told us about and demoed Twilight Princess and Wii Sports but then they had short trailers for Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 even though we didn't see them 'till late 2007. For the 3DS in 2010 they mentioned OoT3D, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Starfox 3D,Kid Icarus and... I think Luigi's Mansion? Yeah there was heaps and a lot of it we still haven't seen.

THAT was better than what we got at this pre-Wii U launch E3. We were told about two games neither of which were massive. That made it less exciting than what we've seen before. I want trailers screenies and info, is that too much to ask for?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

104. Posted:

You got trailers, screening and info and E3.Nintendo.com. They had a lot to talk about... a lot... they could not have possibly squeezed everything in. Even today we are going to see some 3DS games.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

105. Posted:

Miss_Rarity wrote:

You got trailers, screening and info and E3.Nintendo.com. They had a lot to talk about... a lot... they could not have possibly squeezed everything in. Even today we are going to see some 3DS games.

This is true, but the problem is that what they CHOSE to talk about was, for the most part, boring. I was excited to see Pikmin 3 at the start, and thought there must be something great to come if they're leading in with P3! After that it was fairly average IMO, and I ended up skipping large parts of the recording.

The thing is, Nintendo should be in a position to blow everybody away. They're the ones showing off a brand new console, due to be released soon, and presumably with a strong launch line up of games. I don't think a casual observer would have gotten that impression at all. The audience was telling, too - they were silent for basically the whole thing. Not a good showing.

I was hoping Reggie would have a rapid-fire showing of a lot of great games, not necessarily ready for launch, but in development so as to get people hyped. You know, Reggie leads in with,

"And here's a quick taste of things to come on Wii U!"
cheers from audience
cue rock music, and,

BAM ZombiU
BAM F-Zero
BAM Call of Duty
BAM Max Payne 3
BAM Donkey Kong
etc. (I'm just trying to think of some popular games here)

IThey could have shown, say, 10-15 high-profile (and hopefully exclusive) games in the space of a couple of minutes (remember - people can check them out later on the show floor, so no need to go into heaps of detail) and gotten people really pumped. That would have given them a lot of momentum to build on for the remainder of the show.

Instead, what do we get? Slow, ponderous explanations about stuff that, admittedly, is important, but I think was a bad choice to focus on at this point, a bunch of terrible jokes that nobody was laughing at, and an overly drawn out demonstration of Nintendoland. If the thing that you want to sell the system requires that much explanation, well, then, I think you've got a problem.

I imagine Nintendo was suffering from the same thing that happens to a lot of people when working on creative projects. You invest a whole lot of time into something, you think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and think that EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD needs to know about it. However, to an outside observer, it's really not that exciting.

That was the impression I got from Katsuya Eguchi - Nintendoland is his little baby, and he thought it was far, far more exciting than everybody else did. I'm not saying it's a bad game - it could be great, in fact - but it didn't have the same attention-grabbing appeal that Wii Sports did back in the day.

I think Nintendo needs to sit down after E3, objectively have a look at the presentation and hopefully realise that they need games - lots of quality, in-demand games - for the Wii U to be a success. They keep saying that they realise this is the case, but it didn't really look that way at the conference.

My two cents, anyway.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

106. Posted:

My only complaint is I want more first party Nintendo love for the Wii U. That's my kind of games. And I do think they should have saved some sort of big surprise for the show for Wii U (Nintendoland does look like a lot of fun, but I'm talking like, Zelda, Metroid, or Star Fox). Can't be too picky I guess though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

MAB

107. Posted:

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months ;) While watching it I was thinking damn I already know all this stuff. Still throwing my big wad of cash at Nintendo for the black beauty, looks very sexy :) (in a plastic technological kind of way)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

108. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Can't be too picky I guess though.

That's the thing, though. Nintendo, for their own sake, should have had better announcements. I really, really think it was a bad business decision to run their presentation the way they did. They're going to be in a position with the Wii U where they need to have good, solid reasons to convince people to migrate from the 360 and PS3, and I don't think they would have done that.

'Casual' gamers (I loathe the word, but everybody knows what I mean) weren't watching that conference. They're probably not even aware that the Wii U is coming out. They'll inevitable hear about it in time, and I think Nintendo reaches those people more effectively through TV advertisements and the like.

They needed to knock the socks off the gamers who are currently apathetic, and that definitely did not happen.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

109. Posted:

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months

this

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

110. Posted:

And you talk about time constraints Microsoft and Sony showed a lot more in there timeframes. (To be fair I think they had longer ones and Sony didn't show much either)

For instance all that was shown

Microsoft
Halo 4
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Madden+ Kinect
Fifa+ Kinect
Fable The Journey
Gears of War: Judgement
Forza Horizon
Bing search in multiple languages and more refined ui
New media partners (nick,univision,twitch)
New sports suites (Watchespn, Nba,nhl)
Xbox Music
Nike+ Kinect Training
Xbox Smartglass
Internet Explorer
Tomb Raider
Ascend: New Gods
LocoCycle
Matter
Resident Evil 6
Wreckateer
South Park: The stick of truth
Dance Central 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Sony
Beyond
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Unfinished Swan
Playstation Plus update
Retro City Rampage
PS one Classics on Vita
PSN Media apps (amazon, Hulu etc)
Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed 3
Far Cry 3
Playstation Move
Wonderbooks
Riggs Nightcrawler
Book of spells
Playstaion Mobile for smartphones
God of War: Ascension
The Last Od Us

Nintendo
Pikmin 3
Media apps (amazon,netlfix, etc)
Wii U pad video (seriously we learner this on Sunday)
Miiverse Talk (Again why rehash info and waste time)
Super Mario Bros U
Batman Arkham City Armored Edtion
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sizzle Reel
Wii Fit U
SING
New Super Mario Bros 2
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3DS sizzle reel
Lego City Undercover
Just Dance 4
ZombiU
Nintendoland

I think nintendo could have had a more efficient show by doing a few things

Not rehashing info that we got at nintendo direct. What was the point if your going to repeat it. Plus they had these somewhat odd Reggie interludes that took slittle long.

Why would you advertised a port of a Batman Game. Show the new games that are using the controller.

The 3DS stuff really wasn't need after saying 3DS is getting its own show tomorrow. Today needs to be all Wii U and Mario U and Mario 3DS have a massive overlap.

Having a ZombiU live demo instead of Just Dance a d wasting time with Zombie Reggie.

Nintemdoland went spittle two long for my taste.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

skywake

111. Posted:

Miss_Rarity wrote:

...... well they've done it before

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

112. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months

this

this. If they would have just held off some announcements from last year maybe..

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

113. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Y'all are crazy.

NintendoLand is the best thing I've heard in a long time. In all seriousness, it looks like the multiplayer franchise-crossover game I've always wanted, with stylized inventive takes on many different Nintendo properties (Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, etc) all wrapped together in one package. For someone who finds Smash Bros boring, this is the mixup of Nintendo games with zany asymmetrical multiplayer that I want.

And I think it's perfect for launching the system. They can't satisfy all the demands for their key franchises at launch, so why not combine all their different characters and worlds with a Wii Sports-like introduction to the system's features? I'm sure my extended family will have a blast with it when I bring it by during the holidays.

Also: Nintendo is a toy company, and that's how I like it. I apologize to those who still use silly words like "hardcore" to refer to their toys.

Ah Wario, you always bring sense into this crazy mess. I think Game and Wario is the franchise crossover that nobody saw coming.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

skywake

114. Posted:

@Joshers744 It wasn't even that. Even if New SMB U and Pikmin 3 were just announced it was still a pretty empty show. In the notorious 2008 E3 where they showed off Wii Music they still had Wii Sports Resort, Motion Plus and Animal Crossing and then let it slip that there was a Pikmin and Zelda on the way. Less first party Wii content than the Wii U got at this year's show but not by much.

......... and this shouldn't be a "the Wii U is dying" year it's a "buy the Wii U now" year so they should have shown a LOT of content

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

115. Posted:

They wanted to show us games, but I'm not to interested in any of them. I was hoping for something that wasn't announced last year and the closest we got was a port of Mass Effect 3, the "New" Wii Play and the Wii Fit U we pretty much knew was coming.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

116. Posted:

Lack of Call of Duty for Wii U,made me cry.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

hailsanta

117. Posted:

it kinda sucked on the presentation side as well. not a single one of those guys should be speaking to a big audience. it was like watching george w bush trying spit out a speech on tv.(except miyamoto, who was the best part all around)

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

118. Posted:

What happened to ghost recon online?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

ShadowChaos

119. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

What happened to ghost recon online?

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

120. Posted:

hailsanta wrote:

not a single one of those guys should be speaking to a big audience.

I absolutely agree. They were constantly stumbling over words, there were pauses in the middle of sentences... It didn't give a good impression.

I know it's a daunting task getting up on stage and talking to people, but they either need to give the people they want up there some training, or pick different people.