Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 101 to 120 of 372

Whopper744

My only complaint is I want more first party Nintendo love for the Wii U. That's my kind of games. And I do think they should have saved some sort of big surprise for the show for Wii U (Nintendoland does look like a lot of fun, but I'm talking like, Zelda, Metroid, or Star Fox). Can't be too picky I guess though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

MAB

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months While watching it I was thinking damn I already know all this stuff. Still throwing my big wad of cash at Nintendo for the black beauty, looks very sexy (in a plastic technological kind of way)

MAB

Wheels2050

Joshers744 wrote:

Can't be too picky I guess though.

That's the thing, though. Nintendo, for their own sake, should have had better announcements. I really, really think it was a bad business decision to run their presentation the way they did. They're going to be in a position with the Wii U where they need to have good, solid reasons to convince people to migrate from the 360 and PS3, and I don't think they would have done that.

'Casual' gamers (I loathe the word, but everybody knows what I mean) weren't watching that conference. They're probably not even aware that the Wii U is coming out. They'll inevitable hear about it in time, and I think Nintendo reaches those people more effectively through TV advertisements and the like.

They needed to knock the socks off the gamers who are currently apathetic, and that definitely did not happen.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Mk_II

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months

this

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

shingi_70

And you talk about time constraints Microsoft and Sony showed a lot more in there timeframes. (To be fair I think they had longer ones and Sony didn't show much either)

For instance all that was shown

Microsoft
Halo 4
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Madden+ Kinect
Fifa+ Kinect
Fable The Journey
Gears of War: Judgement
Forza Horizon
Bing search in multiple languages and more refined ui
New media partners (nick,univision,twitch)
New sports suites (Watchespn, Nba,nhl)
Xbox Music
Nike+ Kinect Training
Xbox Smartglass
Internet Explorer
Tomb Raider
Ascend: New Gods
LocoCycle
Matter
Resident Evil 6
Wreckateer
South Park: The stick of truth
Dance Central 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Sony
Beyond
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Unfinished Swan
Playstation Plus update
Retro City Rampage
PS one Classics on Vita
PSN Media apps (amazon, Hulu etc)
Call Of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed 3
Far Cry 3
Playstation Move
Wonderbooks
Riggs Nightcrawler
Book of spells
Playstaion Mobile for smartphones
God of War: Ascension
The Last Od Us

Nintendo
Pikmin 3
Media apps (amazon,netlfix, etc)
Wii U pad video (seriously we learner this on Sunday)
Miiverse Talk (Again why rehash info and waste time)
Super Mario Bros U
Batman Arkham City Armored Edtion
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sizzle Reel
Wii Fit U
SING
New Super Mario Bros 2
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3DS sizzle reel
Lego City Undercover
Just Dance 4
ZombiU
Nintendoland

I think nintendo could have had a more efficient show by doing a few things

Not rehashing info that we got at nintendo direct. What was the point if your going to repeat it. Plus they had these somewhat odd Reggie interludes that took slittle long.

Why would you advertised a port of a Batman Game. Show the new games that are using the controller.

The 3DS stuff really wasn't need after saying 3DS is getting its own show tomorrow. Today needs to be all Wii U and Mario U and Mario 3DS have a massive overlap.

Having a ZombiU live demo instead of Just Dance a d wasting time with Zombie Reggie.

Nintemdoland went spittle two long for my taste.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

skywake

Miss_Rarity wrote:

You got trailers, screening and info and E3.Nintendo.com. They had a lot to talk about... a lot... they could not have possibly squeezed everything in. Even today we are going to see some 3DS games.

...... well they've done it before

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Whopper744

Mk_II wrote:

I think the reason why the E3 WiiU showing was not very exciting stems from being too spoiled by rumours and leaks on the net from the last 6 months

this

this. If they would have just held off some announcements from last year maybe..

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

ThePirateCaptain

warioswoods wrote:

Y'all are crazy.

NintendoLand is the best thing I've heard in a long time. In all seriousness, it looks like the multiplayer franchise-crossover game I've always wanted, with stylized inventive takes on many different Nintendo properties (Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, etc) all wrapped together in one package. For someone who finds Smash Bros boring, this is the mixup of Nintendo games with zany asymmetrical multiplayer that I want.

And I think it's perfect for launching the system. They can't satisfy all the demands for their key franchises at launch, so why not combine all their different characters and worlds with a Wii Sports-like introduction to the system's features? I'm sure my extended family will have a blast with it when I bring it by during the holidays.

Also: Nintendo is a toy company, and that's how I like it. I apologize to those who still use silly words like "hardcore" to refer to their toys.

Ah Wario, you always bring sense into this crazy mess. I think Game and Wario is the franchise crossover that nobody saw coming.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

skywake

@Joshers744 It wasn't even that. Even if New SMB U and Pikmin 3 were just announced it was still a pretty empty show. In the notorious 2008 E3 where they showed off Wii Music they still had Wii Sports Resort, Motion Plus and Animal Crossing and then let it slip that there was a Pikmin and Zelda on the way. Less first party Wii content than the Wii U got at this year's show but not by much.

......... and this shouldn't be a "the Wii U is dying" year it's a "buy the Wii U now" year so they should have shown a LOT of content

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SkywardLink98

They wanted to show us games, but I'm not to interested in any of them. I was hoping for something that wasn't announced last year and the closest we got was a port of Mass Effect 3, the "New" Wii Play and the Wii Fit U we pretty much knew was coming.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Bread-Not-Toast

Lack of Call of Duty for Wii U,made me cry.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

hailsanta

it kinda sucked on the presentation side as well. not a single one of those guys should be speaking to a big audience. it was like watching george w bush trying spit out a speech on tv.(except miyamoto, who was the best part all around)

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

shingi_70

What happened to ghost recon online?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

ShadowChaos

Sony_70 wrote:

What happened to ghost recon online?

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Wheels2050

hailsanta wrote:

not a single one of those guys should be speaking to a big audience.

I absolutely agree. They were constantly stumbling over words, there were pauses in the middle of sentences... It didn't give a good impression.

I know it's a daunting task getting up on stage and talking to people, but they either need to give the people they want up there some training, or pick different people.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Aviator

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Wheels2050

Aviator wrote:

You try talking infront of a massive crowd without stuttering.

I get that some people are unhappy with the presentation, but to start picking on the speakers, come on. Also, Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata etc are a brand. When gamers see them they think Nintendo. They would be stupid to put someone who a lot of people haven't heard of to do their presentation.

To be fair, the 3DS guy was pretty bad.

While I've never been in front of a crowd that big, I've performed and spoken in front of audiences of hundreds of people many times, and I can handle that OK.

shingi_70

Talking in front of people is hard and I personally this m jobs is the only personxwho has impressed me with his ability to command an audience. Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton give off a used car salesman vibe.
And E3 this year came Down to this

Untitled

I'm honestly surprised that Sony didn't announce a dance or fitness game.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

ShadowChaos

There is one thing that was odd is there was no Iwata on stage. I wonder what happen to him.

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

komicturtle

ShadowChaos wrote:

There is one thing that was odd is there was no Iwata on stage. I wonder what happen to him.

It was Miyamoto and Reggie for WiiU. Iwata and that other guy for 3DS?

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.