Forums

Topic: Anybody else kinda regret purchasing a Wii U? (mixed feelings)

Posts 141 to 160 of 167

sub12

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

I'm just saying that one game can make sure the difference and the walking dead being my GOTY for 2012, I want my next system yo be able to play the games.

On another note anyone else bummed the new alien game isn't coming to Wii U?

Not really, I mean, when I saw the article on it, “Wii U version” didn’t even cross my mind, sadly………..

sub12

Einherjar

@Of_Folsense Monster Hunter is almost a meta game. Its the very definition of a hardcore game. There is no way to rush through to the end. You have to take the entire ride, experience the full package.
It shows us more than ever how a group of people / friends can overcome even the most unfairly hard situations. YOU as the player have to evolve, not the game character. Monster Hunter is not the journy of your avatar, its your very own one
Getting better at the game isnt meassured in points, items or playtime. You can have over a hundret hours of playtime and the best gear possible and still do poorly if your not trained enough.
Its a game you have to cherish to its fullest and be very very dedicated towards. Every game is a gift that keeps on giving, if your up for the challenge

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

I'm just saying that one game can make sure the difference and the walking dead being my GOTY for 2012, I want my next system yo be able to play the games.

@shingi_70 I'm not bummed. The chance of that game flopping is so incredibly high its not even funny.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MikeLove

shingi_70 wrote:

After Colonial Marines, I won't allow myself to get excited for another Aliens game again!!

Before it was released, it was actually one of the titles I was most looking forward to picking up on the Wii-U....but we all know how that went....

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

I was actually pretty excited for Aliens on Wii U, too. Regards to the Xbox 360 and PS3 for filtering that oit for us. Better luck next time, I suppose.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

sub12

I was really looking forward to playing Metro: Last Light on the Wii U,

sub12

shingi_70

Well colonial marines ended up aucking because Gearbox pawned it off to terminal reality and auckerd Sega into paying for broderlands development costs.

This game is being made by a quality developer and is more based on Alien.

ButI guess its better to be a pessimist.

@Blast

You do realize with that logic half of the Wii U's W101 and Pikmin shouldn't come out.

Buy I guess moe gamed are a bad thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IAmNotWill

Good thing I waited. I am glad I didn't bite in November 2012. The system was bare bones! Even now it still is to an extent, but thankfully 2014 is looking like a great year so I don't regret getting one (probably should have waited even more though).

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

OliverAdam

I sort of regret it yes, seeing as every interesting 3rd party title that's been announced for the future of the PS4 and Xbox One seem to be skipping the console.
I don't think it's fair to say "oh but the Wii U isn't meant to be your main console..." of course it is! No company would make a product that's supposed to be number 2! The Wii U was called "the Nintendo experience for core gamers", when it was announced, but so far it's just stuck to the way of the Wii except in HD, and with less casuals actually giving a damn. I think it's a fine product, but there's too many weird arguments out there, too many people forgiving of Nintendos mistakes. I don't understand why people continue to deny the failure of the system as a product (not in terms of specs but sales) - i understand it's had a good run this holiday, but it's still far from its mark, it's still not acceptable that the Xbox One and PS4 are closing in on it with such momentum, everything indicates that the console is going to have a tough time in the future, maybe not in 2014 (though in do not see many retail games coming for it, i hardly think we will see more than 30+ retail games - and that's an optimistic guess.. i'm including trashware by the way)

Point being: While i enjoy my Wii U to an extend, it's definitely the software that keeps my attention. Once the Xbox One and PS4 starts getting their regular releases and the Wii U still don't, will i completely shift my eyes towards the alternate consoles? I'm not sure, but i'm already dissappointed in the Wii U, and i don't see it changing. Doesn't help me, that i'm not a big Zelda fan, so even if that's going to be epic, i'm not concerned with it.

Nintendo has to outsource their franchises or preach mercy at 3rd parties. Indies and 1st party titles might be good games objectively, but it's not enough, it simply isn't. Nintendo knows this, they have countless times that they know they messed up with the launch and first year or marketing, there's really nothing to debate, just a whole lot of potential that needs to be executed.

Also if the Wii U is capable of next-gen graphics (or at least photo-realistic next-gen graphics), then why aren't anyone taking advantage of this?! I constantly hear how it's supposedly stronger than the PS3 and Xbox 360, and i'm definitely seeing it on the paper, but it's hardly been demonstrated as of yet.

OliverAdam

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Well colonial marines ended up aucking because Gearbox pawned it off to terminal reality and auckerd Sega into paying for broderlands development costs.

This game is being made by a quality developer and is more based on Alien.

ButI guess its better to be a pessimist.

@Blast

You do realize with that logic half of the Wii U's W101 and Pikmin shouldn't come out.

Buy I guess moe gamed are a bad thing.

@shingi_70 .... How does the logic that I think the chance of the new Aliens game flopping because of the last entry in the series HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WONDERFUL 101 OR PIKMIN 3???? EXPLAIN THAT.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

You say it's going to flop which doesn't matter if the game is good and budgets etc are in check. Yet the wonderful 101 was a game that was a sure bomb when it was project p100 and it comes from platinum the masters of bomba.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@OliverAdam
The reason why Wii U isn't being utilized, is because of PowerPC compared to ×86. The different architectures are to blame for skewed support.

2 out of 3 consoles(Xbox One and PS4) have ×86 architecture, so those are priority. It wouldn't make sense to release a game on 1 system, when you can release it on 2.

That's the only reasoning I can think of, because the capability is there. Just think how they ported Bioshock to PS3 a while after it came out on Xbox 360. It's a similar situation.

This is just my speculation.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@jazzer94
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/project-cars-wii-u-technic...

http://www.gamekicker.com/gaming-news/project-cars-uses-xbox-...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Project-CARS-Hits-Some-Hardw...

They're using the same methods of cache memory handling on all platforms, except probably PC(I think).

Xbox One and PS4 are spreading the work load across 4 cores in parallel with the GPU. The Wii U is only using 1 core in parallel with the GPGPU.

Only one of the three articles talks about the Wii U version, and this still does not prove Wii U can run any 8th gen 3rd party game like you claim.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

Just saw the trailer. I do really wish it was coming to Wii U but I also have a PC so I won't be missing it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
Dude, it's the exact same game on all systems. Xbox One and PS4 are using resources across 4 cores with a GPU, and Wii U is using 1 core with a GPGPU. How hard is that to understand?

2 of them(the links) talk about the Wii U, 3 of them about the One, and 2 of them talk about the PS4. The main site confirms that all of them are identical. The other links talking about how the game is running on each individual platform is enough information to prove that what I'm saying is true.

EDIT: This game went from being Wii U/PC/Steam OS, to Wii U/Xbox One/PS4/PC/Steam OS.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Considering how the Need for Speed port, despite being a first year game (first 6 months) was considered to be the same graphical quality as the PC version and that even the Wii with enough downgrading could play the Call of Duty games among other things, it's not hard to believe that anything that doesn't require Kinect or CLOUD GAMINGZ would be able to run on Wii U with enough tweaking. I mean, maybe like'I dunno, Dead Rising 3 would have to go back to Dead Rising 1 or 2 levels of zombies (as it already has some FPS problems on Xbox) and it would mean less pretty particle effects but it wouldn't be any worse than the Xbox 360 version of a game that looks better on PC, but people still bought the 360 version because people wanted to play it and they have a 360. If Watch_Dogs truly tries to push what the PS4 can do and succeeds, that doesn't mean I don't want the Wii U version.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@jazzer94
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/project-cars-wii-u-technic...

http://www.gamekicker.com/gaming-news/project-cars-uses-xbox-...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Project-CARS-Hits-Some-Hardw...

They're using the same methods of cache memory handling on all platforms, except probably PC(I think).

Xbox One and PS4 are spreading the work load across 4 cores in parallel with the GPU. The Wii U is only using 1 core in parallel with the GPGPU.

I read all four sources. Only the second link concerns the development process of the Wii-U version, and nowhere in that piece does it...

A) Say the only differences between the Xbox One and Wii-U are the bluray drive, kinect and OS.
B)Say the Wii-U can run all Xbox One and PS4 launch (and future) titles
C)Say that the Wii-U is only using 30-40% of it's resources to run 7th gen games

None of these sources confirm the three statements you made in the previous post, that @Jazzer94 was questioning you about. If these are true statements, you need to provide evidence/proof from a qualified source where they explicitly say these things. Otherwise its all just coming from you, and you are not a qualified source to make these assertions.

If I wanted to say "The average yearly temperature in Greece is XX degrees", I could support that statement with a link from a scientific website that would confirm my statement, thus proving it to be a fact. When you say "The Wii-U is only using 30-40% of it's resources to run 7th gen games", you have absolutely no proof. It it's true, you need to post a link to someone in games development explicitly saying that, otherwise it's just a number you are pulling out of thin air.

MikeLove

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Dude, it's the exact same game on all systems. Xbox One and PS4 are using resources across 4 cores with a GPU, and Wii U is using 1 core with a GPGPU. How hard is that to understand?

2 of them(the links) talk about the Wii U, 3 of them about the One, and 2 of them talk about the PS4. The main site confirms that all of them are identical. The other links talking about how the game is running on each individual platform is enough information to prove that what I'm saying is true.

EDIT: This game went from being Wii U/PC/Steam OS, to Wii U/PS4/Xbox One/PS4/PC/Steam OS.

No dude we don't know that all versions are going to be identical the site confirms that its for Wii U nothing else, we don't even know if it will have features like the cloud or what resolution and frame rate the console versions will run at nor has the game been shown recently plus the developers seem to always refer to PS4 and Xbox One as next gen while never mentioning Wii U. I'm not saying this is untrue just that its not fact like you claim, the amount of developers that have made the same statement about Wii U versions of 3rd party games running a particular way turning out to be false has made me skeptical until I see the game running on Wii U compared against other versions.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@FutureAlphaMale
The bluray drive isn't even all that different. I said that bluray/DVD/CD playback is the only difference, not the actual drive. It's a laser. It reads what it's programmed to.

The Wii U can run multiplats, based on it's use of resources in comparison to the other systems. In this case, the Xbox One and Wii U are using roughly 30-40% of their resources to run the same game. The PS4 is running the Xbox One version, so we can't specifically say how PS4 would handle this if it's hardware was targeted. This implies that Wii U can run said multiplats, as long as it's programmed to.

You don't have to know how they make a computer chip in order to decipher the numbers given. I gave real numbers that can be used for reference.

@Jazzer94
With only a fraction of each system being used to run this game, it wouldn't be fair to say what a system can and can't do, though. The Wii U is using 1 core/GPGPU and the Xbox One/PS4 are using 4 cores/GPU. Even if these games don't run at 1080p @ 60FPS, around 50-60% of every singles consoles' resources isn't being utilized. This company has a budget of $5 million, so they can't exactly work on optimizing and pushing the hardware any further than their budget will allow.

EDIT: The estimates aren't applicable for the PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Therrus

@Blast
I have to agree with you somewhat. Not all is gold...but quite a bit is gold compared to most AAA games that get released.
I dunno...looking at the PC market I see soooo many good indie games..not to say I haven't gotten burned yet cuz I have made bad purchases.
But I got SO many good games as well. FTL; Prison Architect, Don't Starve, Gnomoria, Terraria, Legend of Grimrock...I could go on and on.
Don't just dismiss it all to be bad. Some are bad, sure but so many are awesome.
Dunno about the 3DS/Wii U eShop games as I haven't played around with it as much but I assume it to be the same...some good, some bad.

Friendcode: 4656-7379-5530 Ingame: Therrus
Flying type: Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Rufflet.

3DS Friend Code: 4656-7379-5530

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.