Forums

Topic: Anybody else kinda regret purchasing a Wii U? (mixed feelings)

Posts 121 to 140 of 167

Einherjar

@shingi_70 Well, to be honest, the only game youve mentioned that at least slightly interests me is MGS - Ground Zeroes / Phantom Pain.
Taking out sports and FPS games ( two of my least favorite genres) diminished that list quite heavy
Again, my own opinion, but there is literally no game that screams "buy that console because you MUST play that game". A rather sad fact.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Eh Quantum Break, Witcher 3, and Infamous are enough for me to buy either system

Even discounting personal opinions, its disheartening to see the Wii U not get any support. That alone would have had me regretting the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES DO I GOTTA SAY THIS? The Wii U has become a "companion" console. A gamer is best owning a Wii U AND a One or a PC or a PS4 to have a really good gaming library. If I owned just a One or a PS4... I wouldn't be freaking satisfied. If I owned just a Wii U... I wouldn't be satisfied!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES DO I GOTTA SAY THIS? The Wii U has become a "companion" console. A gamer is best owning a Wii U AND a One or a PC or a PS4 to have a really good gaming library. If I owned just a One or a PS4... I wouldn't be freaking satisfied. If I owned just a Wii U... I wouldn't be satisfied!!!

This is correct.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

@Blast

More often than not its the other way around and most people will probably be content with just a one or a PS4, as indie and downloadable games become more prelvant and most AAA third parties not being on Nintendo systems.

It helps that most people I know are content with just having a 3DS and a Sony/Microsoft console.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

JetForceSetGrind

PS4 has already outsold Wii U worldwide or is very close to it.

I still love U.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

Blast

@shingi_70 I got a newsflash for all those people that blindly assume the Indie market will explode and have all these amazing games will come out... NOT ALL INDIE GAMES ARE GOOD! NOT ALL INDIE GAMES ARE EVEN WORTH PLAYING!!! I'm getting so tired of people saying, "The Indie market produces high quality stuff all the time." THATS NOT TRUE!!! I like the Indie market but only a handful of games from Indie developers are even worth mentioning.
ONCE AGAIN... I have nothing against the Indie market. I support those guys. I'm just tired of people blindly assuming that Indie developers will save the industry and produce high quality games.

Master of the Hype Train

Einherjar

@WhereEaglesDare It is no surprise, really. Its a "PlayStation". Like every game system back in the day was "a nintendo" today, lesser informed costumers call it a "playstation" regardless of what it really is. People buy it because of its reputation alone. Like any apple product. Apple has many competitors that are not only cheaper but are sometimes even offering way better products. Guess whos gadgets are the best sellers ?
Its the brand name. The fact that the target audience today did not grew up with an NES but with a PlayStation is one of the biggest reasons why that system sells so much.
The system you grew up with (PCs, PS, Xbox, Nintendo) will most likely also be the system youre biased towards. Its not an accomplishment of the system, its because of the brand name.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

@Blast

No one said all indie or digital games were good, its just their a big part of the industry now and that's not going to change. Not being able to play stuff like telltale series is a big reason not to get a Nintendo system.

WAT!

Peach64

@Einherjar Yup, it's all about the brand and not the product. That's why PS3 stomped all over the 360... oh wait.

PS3 was expensive and hard to program for, which meant either games skipped it or they were inferior ports, and it sold terribly in the early days despite being the successor to the hugely popular PS2. Now the MS console is the expensive one, the Nintendo one is the one hard to program for with the skipped games or buggy ports and the PS4 fixed both it's predecessors biggest flaws.

Peach64

MeWario

Not bothering to read this thread, just thought I'd add my two cents. I love my Wii U and haven't regretted it for a second. It has plenty of games, most of which are brilliant. I love the controller and Miiverse. I can possibly even see the Wii U becoming my all time favourite console when I'll is said and done.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

No one said all indie or digital games were good, its just their a big part of the industry now and that's not going to change. Not being able to play stuff like telltale series is a big reason not to get a Nintendo system.

@shingi_70 SARCASM: "Yeah cuz Telltale series is sooo much better than Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101! Telltale series beats all the games for Wii U and coming to Wii U!" >.>

Master of the Hype Train

Peach64

@Blast I know you're trying to be clever, but The Walking Dead has a higher metacritic score than all those games you listed. For a few them of it's a lot higher. Of course Metacritic is by no means definitive, but since everyone's gonna have a different opinion of which games are best, it's a pretty decent thing to fall back on for a general opinion of something's quality.

Peach64

Blast

@Peach64 I don't care about scores for games. I don't let that determine the quality of a game for me. Killer is Dead is a great example of game that got crappy scores even though I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I love that game. I understand your point but I will never ever let the opinion of a freaking stranger determine if I should get a game or not.

Master of the Hype Train

SCRAPPER392

@Blast
Wii U isn't a companion console, though. You COULD call it that, but you could easily call any second system of choice that.

Wii U can run any of the multiplatform titles that the One and 4 got on launch, and will get. From a hardware level, no one should be worried about 3rd party support. I have the feeling a Wii U OS and such will get an update soon...

The only difference between the Xbox One and Wii U, is the OS, Kinect, bluray/dvd/cd playback, and exclusive titles.

Since 3rd party games should be on Wii U, you can't cite that as a real reason to buy a different console. I want 3rd party support, but that ultimately isn't a good reason to buy a console, because those games should be available everywhere it can. Not to mention that 7th gen ports aren't much to go by, technologically.

EDIT: Wii U is using around 30-40% of its resources, approximately, to run 7th gen titles.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Offolsense

@Einherjar
Yes, but the name Nintendo has sold a lot of stuff for them too. It just isn't working very well for them lately.
@sub12
I'm telling you, buy MH3U and you will no longer feel regret! Like you, the demo didn't interest me. But I saw it on sale one day and had heard so much good stuff about the game that I decided to try it. And if I had known how much fun I would have I would have gladly paid $60 or more! You really should at least try! I have a ton of other games I need to play like WWHD but I cant tear myself away from Monster Hunter!

Edited on by Offolsense

Offolsense

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Blast
Wii U isn't a companion console, though. You COULD call it that, but you could easily call any second system of choice that.

Wii U can run any of the multiplatform titles that the One and 4 got on launch, and will get. From a hardware level, no one should be worried about 3rd party support. I have the feeling a Wii U OS and such will get an update soon...

The only difference between the Xbox One and Wii U, is the OS, Kinect, bluray/dvd/cd playback, and exclusive titles.

Since 3rd party games should be on Wii U, you can't cite that as a real reason to buy a different console. I want 3rd party support, but that ultimately isn't a good reason to buy a console, because those games should be available everywhere it can. Not to mention that 7th gen ports aren't much to go by, technologically.

EDIT: Wii U is using around 30-40% of its resources, approximately, to run 7th gen titles.

Where are you even getting this information.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MikeLove

Jazzer94 wrote:

Where are you even getting this information.

Untitled

How would someone not directly involved in developing or porting titles to the Wii-U even be able to quantify something like that?

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@jazzer94
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/project-cars-wii-u-technic...

http://www.gamekicker.com/gaming-news/project-cars-uses-xbox-...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Project-CARS-Hits-Some-Hardw...

They're using the same methods of cache memory handling on all platforms, except probably PC(I think).

Xbox One and PS4 are spreading the work load across 4 cores in parallel with the GPU. The Wii U is only using 1 core in parallel with the GPGPU.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@Blast

I'm just saying that one game can make sure the difference and the walking dead being my GOTY for 2012, I want my next system yo be able to play the games.

On another note anyone else bummed the new alien game isn't coming to Wii U?

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.