Wii U Forum

Topic: Any other Wii U owners thinking about getting a PS4?

Showing 141 to 154 of 154

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

141. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

I've seen video footage of more PS4 games I'm interested in than Wii U games.

that's not saying much. Or anything at all even.

Even ignoring that, 360/Ps3 is still the clear winner here.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

142. Posted:

@banacheck
Well, I don't really care for the new Killzone. It's looks like more of the same to me. The difference would be creativity on Microsoft's part to make a better game not only based on console power.
Besides, no one really knows whether PS4 or Xbox∞ is more powerful than the other. Even so, they are most likely close enough in power that it doesn't really matter anyway. The games will still determine the winner, and Killzone isn't what I'm looking for.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

doctor_doak

143. Posted:

I will likely pick up a PS4 next year. They seem to be doing everything right with their new console. It's powerful, PC like architecture, great 3rd party support, great & varied 1st party support, great indie support, better online, great everything really etc... To me, the Xbox isn't even a consideration because they don't seem interested in making games aside from Halo. I think they're going to be competing against Apple and Valve rather than Sony. I'm not really interested in any of that stuff, I don't 'get' the XBox. I want the best 'gaming' experience, and I think Sony and Nintendo are the two that offer that. The Wii U (once it gets some games later this year) and PS4 will compliment each other nicely..

doctor_doak

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

144. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

The PS4 is an improvement over one of the best selling consoles in history the PS2, just for the fact it is easyer to code for. And Microsoft? Microsoft are a joke when it comes to there consoles? why? just for the fact they couldn't give a crap for there customers, and this have been proven meny time before. And will be proven with the improvement Nextbox, good luck with hardcore gaming i have a feeling it's about to get a lot more casual.

"Killzone looks the same"

If thats true which i know for a fact it's not, it's going to say a lot about the Nextbox just for the fact it's less powerful.

Not only does Killzone not look the same, the demo only uses around 3 of the 8 gigs of ram for video memory. And I think? it's 4x the polygonal count of Killzone 3.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Chomposaur

145. Posted:

mabye, im going to wait a year or 2 until i buy the ps4 or the next xbox i have always had 2 consoles ever since the ps1 days, have the Nintendo system for the 1st party games and have the second system for the 3rd party support, lets be real here .. The Wii u is not getting great 3rd party support its missing out on 61 games being released this year :-

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

146. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

banacheck wrote:

The PS4 is an improvement over one of the best selling consoles in history the PS2, just for the fact it is easyer to code for. And Microsoft? Microsoft are a joke when it comes to there consoles? why? just for the fact they couldn't give a crap for there customers, and this have been proven meny time before. And will be proven with the improvement Nextbox, good luck with hardcore gaming i have a feeling it's about to get a lot more casual.

"Killzone looks the same"

If thats true which i know for a fact it's not, it's going to say a lot about the Nextbox just for the fact it's less powerful.

Not only does Killzone not look the same, the demo only uses around 3 of the 8 gigs of ram for video memory. And I think? it's 4x the polygonal count of Killzone 3.

Although I have nothing against Killzone and will likely end up buying it when I get a PS4, you do know that RAM has almost nothing to do with graphics fidelity, right? It CAN impact frames per second (FPS), but only if your system runs out of RAM and must begin writing to the hard drive. RAM is a good way to gauge how many things a given system can do at once, but really has not much to do with graphics performance in gaming.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

147. Posted:

^ Right, which the knowing much more can go on is more of interest than graphics themselves. I'm looking forward to max potential.

I've played about a half hour of any Killzone, so I don't know if it even interests me yet. We'll see wht the launch looks like all around.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

LAA

148. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

I will almost certainly buy a PlayStation 4 after the inevitable slimmed down redesign and price drop they do after two or three years. I am in no rush at all. I will never buy an Xbox again. Paying for Xbox Live just for online multiplayer is ridiculous. Literally no other platform in existence forces that fee on it's users. I ended up with all three platforms this generation, and I developed a strong distaste for Microsoft and it's Xbox. Sony also just has way more exclusives that interest me. Halo and Fable are the only exclusives from Microsoft that I like, and both are no good anymore. I've hated 343 Industry's work with Halo. They clearly don't really know what they're doing. And Fable has faded into mediocrity. The only negative bullet under the PlayStation 4 at this point is its lack of backward compatibility. Honestly, I'd be tempted to buy it at launch if it were backward compatible.

If all these rumors about Nintendo titles in the works are true though, Nintendo might be all I need for a while.

I'm in pretty much the exact same mindset as you, (Other than waiting 2/3 years for PS4, it really depends on launch price/launch games/announced games).
However yeah, I was fortunate enough to own all 3 consoles for last gen (Although I did just get a PS3 in september last year), and I've come to love PS3 a lot, as well as PS+.
I owned Wii first, but then the gap of games came and I looked on at 360/PS3 getting all these awesome games, and got a 360 for christmas a year or two later. I do love the 360 for giving me Halo 3 though. The best online experience I've had with friends and online, and "quests" to discover easter eggs and etc. However yes, eventually I felt ripped off because of Xbox live, (Then you think of how you pay £30+ per year and you gets ads on the dashboard >:( ), Halo's online has got steadily worse, after fable 3, fell out of love with fable, and gears of war has just became stale for me after 3. That and the negative press of how MS treats devs and their tactics (e.g. cant release a game on the console if released on another before), then around 3 years ago, I found that the 360 wasnt getting any games I cared out anymore and just started to stop playing it less and less and I started drifting back to the Wii (+ 3DS/Vita later on).
Eventually I got a PS3, impressed it in everyway, except with how it handles voice chats/downloads. The controller could have been more comfortable too, but a nitpick.
Decided to get a Wii U mid January, just starting to get a little more used now, but I really hope it catches up to last gen in terms of an achievement system (Seriously, imagine nintendo's take on the achievement system... Hopefully a good nintendo take...), and voice chat and a TRUE account system. It just seems bad when it hasnt even caught up to last gen really, but I'm still very hyped for what they have to show for the E3 period!

So yeah, I feel Sony is trying more to act like "gamers" and understand games more and see the value in unique/innovative games, and MS to me seem to treat it more like a business, not neccessarily a bad thing, but it puts devs off it seems, so its definitely looking like I'll be wanting a PS4 for next gen, unless the next Xbox suprisingly wows, and solves every problem with 360 and gives more, but honestly, I hope it isnt the case, I'd prefer more of my friends to get PS4's.
As well as the fact the PS4 is rumoured to be more powerful (Maybe nearly 2x as powerful at least in terms of processing power I believe).
We'll see how they both stand against each other in less than 5 days now though, looking forward to it

LAA

AuthorMessage

banacheck

149. Posted:

Although I have nothing against Killzone and will likely end up buying it when I get a PS4,you do know that RAM has almost nothing to do with graphics fidelity, right?

No for some strange reason i thought RAM could limit your options, game engines, physic engines, or down to console performance etc etc etc, but oh well what do i know as none of these matter right?

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

150. Posted:

Killzone4 demo 40k polygons for the highest LOD, while Killzone 3 used 10k polygons, it was just under 4GB in total. Also Killzone4 never drops below 30fps which you cannot say the same for most of PS3 games, even killzone3 for that matter. Also Guerrilla Games made a very large chunk of Killzone4 on incomplete hardware as have a few other dev's for the PS4. Putting it in basic terms RAM = a lot bigger games with better AI, better physics etc over the PS3, the PS3 suffered because of it's RAM and how the system used, so to say all what RAM does is run your OS is a very big understatement.

Forgot to add: Killzone 4 tech demo only scratched the surface of what the PS4 is capable of, says the lead tech at Guerrilla Games.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

skywake

151. Posted:

VRAM holds textures, system ram holds all of the application data. If you run out of either the system will swap stuff out and have to go look for it on mass storage whether that be a HDD, Flash or an optical drive. Frame rates will crash because of this.

All the way up 'till about 2005 most consumer grade systems were RAM limited. Now RAM is so cheap that it's a non-issue. The Wii/PS3/360 all hit just at the end of that period and so were all RAM limited to varying degrees to keep costs down. None of the new systems will be and if they are it's their fault for not throwing more RAM at the problem ;)

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

banacheck

152. Posted:

skywake wrote:

VRAM holds textures, system ram holds all of the application data. If you run out of either the system will swap stuff out and have to go look for it on mass storage whether that be a HDD, Flash or an optical drive. Frame rates will crash because of this.)

Which involves copying contents of texture in RAM over to VRAM via the PCIe, which this is the biggest bottleneck on PC. On PS4 it is completely eliminated. Data is streamed from HDD or disk directly into shared memory. All i'm saying the RAM in the PS4 is massive improvement for us and the developers, as RAM for developers was the number one problem this gen especially on the PS3.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

153. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I'm finding it funny that people are deciding to get a console which has no release date, no launch lineup, and has had zero press previews as of this date. You may call me crazy if you think I'm wrong on that front.

KillZone and Knack are both launch titles, you also have improved versions of current gen titles in the launch line up. A few more announced triple A first-party titles with footage already shown are coming soon after launch too.

Until we get an official, Sony-issued launch date along the official launch lineup, I am going to state that there are zero games coming out for the PS4. That's the only conclusion that I can come to.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

SteveW

154. Posted:

No way, the 3DS and Wii U , ipad and PC are keeping me too busy already... I want to fit a life in there somewhere...

SteveW