Wii U Forum

Topic: Any other Wii U owners thinking about getting a PS4?

Showing 121 to 140 of 154

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

121. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They rent games out to you for a year, then rip them away if you don't keep paying.

You do realize that when you rent something, you don't keep it forever, right? :P It's pretty much the same as other rental services.

Ya, but I was stupid and thought it was worth it at the time. Big mistake, that's why I'm trying to warn others even more so. There are good deals on there, too, but most of them are older games, games no one cares about, or they sell, then they drop like to half next week.
PS+ is BS. PS3 is BS. PS4 will most likely be BS.
I'm sorry, but I've just had a bad experience with Sony and don't want to risk trying to support them.

PS Plus is optional ya know. If you don't like it then don't subscribe. It in no way makes a system bad, it's completely unnecessary . You don't need to bring your Playstation hatred into everything. (P.S. I don't use PSPlus, don't see it being worth it.)

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

122. Posted:

@Jaz007
I know it's optional. They should have had a better optional subscription service in the first place. I have reasons to not like PS.
My PS3 won't be worth anything once the next Xbox comes out, because that will have blu-ray.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They rent games out to you for a year, then rip them away if you don't keep paying.

You do realize that when you rent something, you don't keep it forever, right? :P It's pretty much the same as other rental services.

Ya, but I was stupid and thought it was worth it at the time. Big mistake, that's why I'm trying to warn others even more so. There are good deals on there, too, but most of them are older games, games no one cares about, or they sell, then they drop like to half next week.
I'm sorry, but I've just had a bad experience with Sony and don't want to risk trying to support them.

Metro Last Light Comes out Tomorrow. It'll be on sale on PSN for $47 (normally $60) tomorrow. Might want to get your facts straight before you warn people off of something. In fact, none of what you said is true from what I've seen. When was the last time you used it? 2010?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

124. Posted:

Not a Wii U owner but will probably pick up a PS4 or 720 this fall.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Mickamott

125. Posted:

It all depends on the games. If there are enough high quality games on PS4 that I can't play on my Wii U (don't even mention Xbox) then I will happily get one. For example, if I can only play Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, and Tales on the PS4 then I will get it. However I will only get it at launch if it is at a reasonable price ($300-$400), otherwise I will wait until a better, cheaper SKU comes out.

I'll have a tall glass of milk, iced.
Add me!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7490-6080 | Nintendo Network ID: Mickamott | Twitter: Mickamott

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

126. Posted:

I'm finding it funny that people are deciding to get a console which has no release date, no launch lineup, and has had zero press previews as of this date. You may call me crazy if you think I'm wrong on that front.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

127. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I'm finding it funny that people are deciding to get a console which has no release date, no launch lineup, and has had zero press previews as of this date. You may call me crazy if you think I'm wrong on that front.

Maybe they're just being optimistic unless Sony proves them wrong.

Of course Wii U had an awesome launch line-up with tons of games you could get on 360/PS3 also, so I wouldn't take that too seriously either at this point in time.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

128. Posted:

Whenever ill get the Wii U or the PS4 probably depend on if Media Molecule makes a LBP3 (not Unitend Front Games, plz) and Insomniac keeps making decent Ratchet And Clanks. (Fuse looks bad...)

Catbugloggery
3DS Friends Code: 5069-3933-8364
Happy horsies.

AuthorMessage

banacheck

129. Posted:

I'm finding it funny that people are deciding to get a console which has no release date, no launch lineup.

You do know around half of the launch titles are already listed? also people know it's coming holiday 2013, in 4 weeks you can play-on it, see it, find out the other games, prices, and found out more info on it which Sony hasn't released yet, at E3.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

130. Posted:

PS4 will be the first of the next-gen consoles I buy. Whether I get Wii U or the next Xbox after that is up to Nintendo and MS. If the Wii U gets a 3D Mario and Mario Kart before Xbox gets Halo 5, the choice will be very easy.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

131. Posted:

So, can we stop this childish "system X rules and system Y sucks" nonsense? It's played out and a big reason a large percentage of the gaming community is depressing and unbearable.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

132. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

KillZone and Knack are both launch titles, you also have improved versions of current gen titles in the launch line up. A few more announced triple A first-party titles with footage already shown are coming soon after launch too.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

133. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

So, can we stop this childish "system X rules and system Y sucks" nonsense? It's played out and a big reason a large percentage of the gaming community is depressing and unbearable.

I personally prefer system Z :D

Still, PS4 has no price yet, and that may be the dealbreaker for a lot of people. Sony better think this through before they have another PS3 or PSVita launch :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Peach64

134. Posted:

We might not have a price or a launch window, but I've seen video footage of more PS4 games I'm interested in than Wii U games. That's what I just don't get with Nintendo. Sure, all consoles go through a drought in their first year, but with every other console, including the past Nintendo ones, they show us lots of what is to come. We got a ton of Mario Galaxy footage a full 6 months before the console even came out, 18 months before the game itself arrived. So far, all I've seen with the Wii U is Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. It's not much to get people excited, is it? Hopefully E3 will change that, but I think Nintendo should have showed stuff off sooner, to give people more reason to get excited and to buy one.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

135. Posted:

RogueStatus94 wrote:

Nope, Nintendo only. Always had the best exclusives, always will.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

136. Posted:

Depending on the price and launch line up, I'll probably buy one day one.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Ryno

137. Posted:

No, but I thinking about getting some more NES, SNES, and possibly Genesis games.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

138. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Metro Last Light Comes out Tomorrow. It'll be on sale on PSN for $47 (normally $60) tomorrow. Might want to get your facts straight before you warn people off of something. In fact, none of what you said is true from what I've seen. When was the last time you used it? 2010?

Actually, I used it just this last March when my subscription expired. Everytime before that, the deals weren't worth it. I do have my facts straight, and it's mainly an opinion anyway. Just my $0.02. Wgat other parts of my opinion do you not agree with, because I don't mind telling you whether I like it or not, and why.

As for Wii U awareness, Nintendo literally doesn't have to do s*** until pressure from PS4 starts getting close. Killzone looks the same, Infamous is infamous for me, and Knack looks weird(not really riding this off exactly, but one game won't cut it). Wii U is a current gen console(8th), and they don't really have to do anything to compete until there is actually someone to compete against. E3 will hype things up if the games Nintendo are making are spectacular obviously. Nintendo could release something awesome at E3 that could convince plenty of people of go Nintendo, besdies Sony fans, but they'll buy the Sony console regardless, much like Nintendo fans did with Wii U.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Neram

139. Posted:

No, never seen any reason to jump on the PlayStation bandwagon after the PSX, and considering each PlayStation gets worse than the last, I doubt there will be much incentive to hop on now. I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach with the next Xbox though, Microsoft usually seems to be ahead of the game every time they release a new console, if history is anything to go by.

Neram

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3245-5802 | Nintendo Network ID: Neramclann

AuthorMessage

banacheck

140. Posted:

The PS4 is an improvement over one of the best selling consoles in history the PS2, just for the fact it is easyer to code for. And Microsoft? Microsoft are a joke when it comes to there consoles? why? just for the fact they couldn't give a crap for there customers, and this have been proven meny time before. And will be proven with the improvement Nextbox, good luck with hardcore gaming i have a feeling it's about to get a lot more casual.

"Killzone looks the same"

If thats true which i know for a fact it's not, it's going to say a lot about the Nextbox just for the fact it's less powerful.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck