Wii U Forum

Topic: Any other Wii U owners thinking about getting a PS4?

Showing 101 to 120 of 154

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

101. Posted:

PS+ is trash. They rent games out to you for a year, then rip them away if you don't keep paying. I had it, and they gave me very few titles I actually liked within a year, then they got taken away.
I could have bought like 1/3 of the games they let me borrow that I actually liked and be able to keep them. Cloud storage and automatic download is part of the service, too, which is free on other consoles.
PS+ and the controller are poor reasons to own a PS4. Not only that, it will probably be over $400 and not even come with a Move controller or PS camera. Killzone and Infamous look like PS3 games, IMO, too.
Not trolling, but seriously, PS4 looks like nothing.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

102. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Hey just an opinion. Personally, I think the GCN controller is the best controller Nintendo has made thus far. It's super comfortable. I dont see anything clunky about it. The PS4 controller should've been much different this time because it's OLD. Four consoles old to be exact. small changes are NOT innovative. And personally, I hate Sonys controllers. They cramp my hands and the button layout is quite ridiculous. I was never able to get used to the thumbsticks being BELOW the buttons. it just feel unnatural.

And I think developers were simply being lazy. There are so many things they could've done with the Wiimote and didnt. The Wii U Gamepad is better though because its layout does work better than the Wii but that doesnt mean the Wii was bad. Developers were and still are lazy because nobody feels like being imaginative when designing games anymore. Developers are still under using the Wii U Gamepad and its several possibilities and abilities because companies like Sony keep insisting on giving them the same old thing. Theyre not evolving like they should be.

I dont think the Playstation controller is good design. It's ok, not unplayable by any means by I certainly think its far from being a good design. For me, it's not. and I still don't think that controller is anything new.

Also I'm curious: how much do you think the PS4 is going to be? And how much are you willing to pay for it?

I don't like the new controller either, though not because it's old, I just think the share button is poorly placed and bound to be hit by accident. And why does something old have to be bad? Especially coming from someone with a Mario avatar? :P I can understand if you don't like it and have disliked the previous designs, but you're coming off as someone who wants change for the sake of it without proper understanding of the consequences of those changes. Changes need to be well thought out, and I actually think Sony thought this one out, for the most part at least. Hopefully they'll tweak a few more things here and there by the final design.

And developers were definitely NOT lazy. I read a lot of interviews, even from Nintendo themselves, where they said that people simply did not know what to do with the new controller, and Nintendo did very little to help them along. With studios numbering over 100 people nowadas, I find it hard to believe not a single one of them had no creativity to them. No, you need more than sheer creativity to wrap your mind around what is essential the wheel reinvented. You need to put asside everything you learned before, and come up with new solutions to the zillions of problems that probably popped up. That ain't easy. You can't call an Painter lazy because he's a Surrealist who spent years perfecting his technique, and is now tell him to make a sculpture of the president by 6 months from next Tuesday. That's just crazy. It'd take years for people to come up with the right kind of solutions on their own, and that's exactly what we saw. There's a reason some of the best 3rd Party Wii games relied on the Classic controller - Monster Hunter, Muramasa, etc. It's because They didn't have to poor all of their creativity into trying to learn how to work with the controller. They could use it to make a darn great game.

And the PS4 will probably be expensive. I'm guessing around $400 USD.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

103. Posted:

Wow... PS+ is great. Price cuts and freebies. I've saved a boatload of money dl'ing PS+ deals. Big AAA games for free. If I like them, I can buy the disc much later for much cheaper. PS+ has been more than worth it. Best console online service hands down.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

104. Posted:

Soley based on the deals articles I see regarding PS+, it actually seems pretty awesome. Again, if I get a PS4 it won't be until much later in it's life cycle after it's built up some exclusives. I have a sinking feeling my PC will be able to cover most of what Microsoft and Sony's new consoles are going to be offering. But if the PS4 sticks more to games (as currently seems to be the case), then I think eventually they will get my money.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

105. Posted:

There is no possibilities that I even consider to buy a ps4 o xbox infinity; no matter is they give free away a car with the console.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

AtomicToaster

106. Posted:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

I'd rather get the next Xbox over the PS4 for multiple reasons:
-Xbox appeals more to me
-Xbox Live is way better than PSN
-I've never liked PS after they stole all the games away from the N64..
-The PS controller is awful, one of the worst imo

I know some of you may think I sound stupid for this, but I honestly could care less..

This.

AtomicToaster

AuthorMessage

Innit

107. Posted:

If it's a question of Playstation over Xbox, it should - like anything else - come down to games.

And that means exclusives, because we'll all be able to play the AAA stuff from Ubi, EA, Capcom etc.

And THAT means it comes down taste. For me, Space Commando stuff doesn't do it for me anymore.

I prefer Sony's first party stuff.

Innit

AuthorMessage

TheAdrock

108. Posted:

Zero interest in Playstation or XBox. ... As a note: I won a new Xbox 360 slim a few months ago and I find it to be the worst console I've ever owned. Total POS. My 8 year old Wii is a better system. Can't believe anybody likes this Xbox garbage.

Zelda is the best game series in history.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

109. Posted:

theadrock13 wrote:

Zero interest in Playstation or XBox. ... Can't believe anybody likes this Xbox garbage.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

110. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

They rent games out to you for a year, then rip them away if you don't keep paying.

You do realize that when you rent something, you don't keep it forever, right? :P It's pretty much the same as other rental services.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

ocelot20

111. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

theadrock13 wrote:

Zero interest in Playstation or XBox. ... Can't believe anybody likes this Xbox garbage.

Same thing can be said about the Wii to be honest. In my honest opinion Nintendo Exclusives suck. I can't stand Mario or Zelda or Metroid or.......what ever other exclusives Nintendo might have. The Wii motion controller where in my opinion the worse thing that happened to gaming. Followed closely by Kinect.

Everyone has different tastes. I like most of Sonys exclusive titles I like some of Microsoft exclusive titles. I like Mario Kart but then again I like all kart games.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage

nilcam

112. Posted:

The announcement of the PS4 is the reason I bought a Wii U. That console doesn't seem very interesting and the lack of backwards compatibility makes it pointless. I just replaced my PS3 due to Blu Ray drive failure and there's no need for me to even consider another console from Sony so soon. They also have the worst track record for me in terms of reliability. My PSOne died just after I finished FFVII the week after it was released. I avoided the PS2 due to its legendary unreliable status.

nilcam

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6884-0112 | Nintendo Network ID: nilcam | Twitter: nilcam

AuthorMessage

RogueStatus94

113. Posted:

Nope, Nintendo only. Always had the best exclusives, always will.

RogueStatus94

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

114. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Wow... PS+ is great. Price cuts and freebies. I've saved a boatload of money dl'ing PS+ deals. Big AAA games for free. If I like them, I can buy the disc much later for much cheaper. PS+ has been more than worth it. Best console online service hands down.

Not to mention that there's an account system, they dont charge you again to play on the next gen conole, and you can play games on a handheld as well.
PS+>>>VC.
And its not even close.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

115. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They rent games out to you for a year, then rip them away if you don't keep paying.

You do realize that when you rent something, you don't keep it forever, right? :P It's pretty much the same as other rental services.

Ya, but I was stupid and thought it was worth it at the time. Big mistake, that's why I'm trying to warn others even more so. There are good deals on there, too, but most of them are older games, games no one cares about, or they sell, then they drop like to half next week.
PS+ is BS. PS3 is BS. PS4 will most likely be BS.
I'm sorry, but I've just had a bad experience with Sony and don't want to risk trying to support them.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

116. Posted:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Not to mention that there's an account system, they dont charge you again to play on the next gen conole, and you can play games on a handheld as well.
PS+>>>VC.
And its not even close.

PS4 says "hi" and "no PSN for u sucker" :D

Also, on a personal note, at least Nintendo accepts my money (screw you Sony) and doesn't lose my shopping cart (wtf PSN). Nintendo rulez!!

Edited on by WaLzgi

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

117. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

PS+>>>VC.
And its not even close.

PS4 says "hi" and "no PSN for u sucker" :D

Also, on a personal note, at least Nintendo accepts my money (screw you Sony) and doesn't lose my shopping cart (wtf PSN). Nintendo rulez!!

Sorry.
But nothing you type will change the fact that Nintendo is 3rd when it comes to online gaming and digital services.

It's not opinion either.
They're making steps in the right direction but they aren't there yet.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

118. Posted:

@MANIAC911
Actually, not really. Nintendo has had just as good of online gaming, if not better than Xbox and PS.
Digital services wise, PS+ is a rip off, and you have to actually pay internet on Xbox.
The only difference is literally the ammount of content, in which more will come as the console progresses in it's life.
My guess is that you don't have a Wii U.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

119. Posted:

They lost me the instant they said PSN games won't transfer over. :P

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

120. Posted:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Sorry.
But nothing you type will change the fact that Nintendo is 3rd when it comes to online gaming and digital services.

It's not opinion either.
They're making steps in the right direction but they aren't there yet.

If it's in third, then people don't like it, meaning it is opinion ;)

Nothing will also change the fact that Sony sux either, but that's my opinion :3

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky