Forums

Topic: Annual Call of Duty 2015 for the Wii U?

Posts 1 to 20 of 37

nathanjones007

I know this game like AC lacks innovation and somewhat mediocore but to me these games are still fun. Unlike many nintendo first party( pikmin, Super Mario 3d world and Hyrules warriors, etc) This franchise has online play( shame on Nintendo for not having many more games with online play)! I really hope this game will be released this fall to increase 3rd party variety! This console is starving for games in this genre! . BTW i own Black ops and Ghost, i bought both brand new around release time. Your thoughts or predictions please.

Edited on by nathanjones007

nathanjones007

Spoony_Tech

Well the latest this past fall skipped the Wii U so you can kiss the series goodbye for Nintendo. They had a nice run going back to the Wii but there's no money there.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

Well, I bought the PS4 mainly for COD AW. Even if the Wii U get future COD releases, I'll still buy it for the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing Bops2 and Ghosts on the Wii U but getting burnt on DLC 2 times is enough.

My prediction is the series will probably get 1 or 2 more releases in the future, but with limited to no support like Bops 2 and Ghosts.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Grumblevolcano

Maybe World at War 2 given that Nintendo consoles haven't missed a single Treyarch CoD game but apart from that I'd assume no more support but not just for Wii U; Xbox 360 and PS3 as well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gerald

I probably would have bought a COD if they were available digitally. Not sure why they are not available

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

nathanjones007

Hy8ogen wrote:

Well, I bought the PS4 mainly for COD AW. Even if the Wii U get future COD releases, I'll still buy it for the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing Bops2 and Ghosts on the Wii U but getting burnt on DLC 2 times is enough.

My prediction is the series will probably get 1 or 2 more releases in the future, but with limited to no support like Bops 2 and Ghosts.

They did eventually released the DLC for both games. Kinda stinks it took them forever!

nathanjones007

Grumblevolcano

nathanjones007 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

They did eventually released the DLC for both games. Kinda stinks it took them forever!

They only released the preorder DLC map for each game, the standard 4 DLC packs are only available on the other platforms. So yes, if one of the main reasons you want Bops 2 is Zombies in which the DLC maps even include hidden Avenged Sevenfold songs then it's best to avoid the Wii U version.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

Meh.i got my PC for shooters. Even then I don't play them much. Besides, splatoon will release in a few short months

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

nathanjones007

I think they may release it this year (60%) because its Activision turn and also the user base is about 9 million as of now. BTW Splatoon looks pretty cool!

Edited on by nathanjones007

nathanjones007

SuperWiiU

nathanjones007 wrote:

I think they may release it this year (60%) because its Activision turn and also the user base is about 9 million as of now. BTW Splatoon looks pretty cool!

The userbase is larger, but a big part of the userbase also has other systems they'd rather play shooters on and another part don't play shooters(Wii U doesn't have a shooter target audience). Even taking into account the lower userbase around the release of Ghosts and AW, the Wii U version sold terribly (10 times less than on any of the other platforms).

Gerbwmu

If I was Activision (or any major publisher of annual release games) I would produce the games for Nintendo platforms on a semi-annual bases giving the console every other game. I would run a limited number of special addition disk games and have the games on the eShop for people who want the game digitally.

I doubt they will do it though and because of the lack of profit on the Wii U currently I don't think we will see any resurgence in 3rd party support

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

Endriu7777

I guess if somebody wants to play cod then they will buy it for ps4 or xbone (or for the last gen respectively). Most cod players wont be nintendo fans IMHO. There was even an article that may third party developers dont want to develop for the nintendo consoles because of nintendo themselves; they cant compete against nintendo games. And I must admit that I bought the wii u and the 2ds primarily because I wanted to play nintendo games . Of course I will make an exception here or there but I wouldnt buy COD and probably many other people wont as well...

Endriu7777

Hy8ogen

Endriu7777 wrote:

I guess if somebody wants to play cod then they will buy it for ps4 or xbone (or for the last gen respectively). Most cod players wont be nintendo fans IMHO. There was even an article that may third party developers dont want to develop for the nintendo consoles because of nintendo themselves; they cant compete against nintendo games. And I must admit that I bought the wii u and the 2ds primarily because I wanted to play nintendo games . Of course I will make an exception here or there but I wouldnt buy COD and probably many other people wont as well...

False. I preorder the new 3ds xl so I can enjoy monster hunter 4 ultimate.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Endriu7777

Hy8ogen wrote:

Endriu7777 wrote:

False. I preorder the new 3ds xl so I can enjoy monster hunter 4 ultimate.

I cant really follow you. Enlighten me!

Endriu7777

conman2012

My guess is that there is a small chance that this years will be on Wii U.

There was enough sort of hints that the Wii U would get AW to make me think it was planned at some stage and then cancelled due to poor Wii U sales and poor COD sales on the Wii U.

However if this years COD is done by Treyarch and they have the track record of doing the NIntendo COD's then thats why I think there is a small chance the Wii U could get it.

conman2012

Solomore

Treyarch has single handedly ported all previous CoD entries onto the Wii and WiiU. Perhaps why we DIDNT get a WiiU port of AW is because they were hard at work on their own CoD (Hasn't stopped them before but maybe they want to take advantage of the 3 year cycle). Anyways, I think if we have any chance at future CoD entries, that Treyarch is our best bet.

Solomore

Twitter:

crimsoncavalier

As much as I loathe Call of Duty, I think it's a series that should be on the system. Some people may only have a Wii U, and they deserve their crappy games, just like PS4 and XBO users. To not port the game, or to port a half-arsed version of a game is unacceptable, IMO.

The same could be said for games like FIFA and AC. They suck, but they belong on every console, not just Sony's and MS's.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

MsJubilee

Who would actually buy the game if it did come to the Wiiu?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

crimsoncavalier

midnafanboy wrote:

There have to be some people out there who would get it. Like I said, some people only own a Wii U, but still wish they could play those games. Even if it isn't everyone that owns the system, like the PS4/XBO crowd, but out of 9 million, there have to be at least some.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

MsJubilee

crimsoncavalier wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

There have to be some people out there who would get it. Like I said, some people only own a Wii U, but still wish they could play those games. Even if it isn't everyone that owns the system, like the PS4/XBO crowd, but out of 9 million, there have to be at least some.

Yeah but compared to the millions Treyarch makes,that's some is not enough.So i no one can blame them for not making COD games for the Wiiu.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.