Wii U Forum

Topic: amiibo

Showing 141 to 160 of 251

AuthorMessage

brewsky

141. Posted:

Eh...it seems like a big deal, but it really isn't. I'm going to buy an amiibo specifically for Captain Toad and Yoshi's Woolly World, among others, anyways, so there will be no need to cross games.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

142. Posted:

@JCnator: Honestly, that's a little disappointing. I hope the figures will be cheap enough to where I could buy multiple Donkey Kongs for the amiibo-supporting games, for example, but if they're going to be $15, then no. I would be happy enough with just Smash Bros. DK, unless the other designs were really cool.

This could be Nintendo's idea to get people to buy more amiibos by making them get more of one character. There will be more figures of Mario based on other games like maybe Mario Party 10 and not just Smash Bros. Mario. Something like this would potentially force Mario owners to get more than one version of Mario, or just get the Smash Bros. version again if the other designs don't entice them.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

143. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Eh...it seems like a big deal, but it really isn't. I'm going to buy an amiibo specifically for Captain Toad and Yoshi's Woolly World, among others, anyways, so there will be no need to cross games.

But that removes the main selling point of the same figure working with multiple games.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

144. Posted:

All this talk of Amiibo, and no one here has mention the Pokémon Rumble U figures, Nintendo's first Amiibo.
Untitled
I was able to get every single one before they got too pricy on the market. Now who's laughing now, Nintendo!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

brewsky

145. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

brewsky wrote:

But that removes the main selling point of the same figure working with multiple games.

That what we think is the main selling point. If you recall at the beginning of the year, Nintendo stated that the formerly named NFP can be used across multiple consoles, not games. So, while amiibo will be compatible across multiple games, Nintendo is placing emphasis on the sharing aspect of amiibo.

Not to mention that storing even two games worth of data is too much to ask for. You can have a reasonably priced amiibo or a larger capacity amiibo, but you can't have it both ways.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

146. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

brewsky wrote:

That what we think is the main selling point. If you recall at the beginning of the year, Nintendo stated that the formerly named NFP can be used across multiple consoles, not games. So, while amiibo will be compatible across multiple games, Nintendo is placing emphasis on the sharing aspect of amiibo.

Not to mention that storing even two games worth of data is too much to ask for. You can have a reasonably priced amiibo or a larger capacity amiibo, but you can't have it both ways.

unless they make an Amiibo deluxe, figures with different poses(and maybe cool accessories) that can have more than one game's data in, it'd better sell for the kids because of the accessories and to the gamers bacause of better functionality(please ignore completely the fact this definitely would fail hard for many reasons :p )

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

147. Posted:

RFID is dirt cheap. It used instead of barcodes. Even supporting 5 games or something the cost of that would be less than 1$

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

148. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

unless they make an Amiibo deluxe, figures with different poses(and maybe cool accessories) that can have more than one game's data in, it'd better sell for the kids because of the accessories and to the gamers bacause of better functionality(please ignore completely the fact this definitely would fail hard for many reasons :p )

Skylanders have already done this, and so have Disney Infinity, by making Alt NFC in different colors.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

brewsky

149. Posted:

I'm still sticking with the fact that this isn't a big deal. Even if an amiibo could store up to five games, it would just get utterly confusing. We already have six games for Wii U confirmed to work with amiibo, and there will be more later and it is coming to 3DS as well.

So, if I had ten games that used amiibo and two amiibo figures, I would have to try my best to keep track of which amiibo has the data for each game. It would be a little irritating, actually. ("Which amiibo did I use for Captain Toad?" Or "Did I use this one for Yoshi's Woolly World?")

Having one amiibo for each game makes it far more simpler. A Captain Toad amiibo for Captain Toad. A Yarn Yoshi for Yoshi's Woolly World, and so on.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

150. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

All this talk of Amiibo, and no one here has mention the Pokémon Rumble U figures, Nintendo's first Amiibo.
Untitled
I was able to get every single one before they got too pricy on the market. Now who's laughing now, Nintendo!

Lucky, I really like the figures but only got 1

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

151. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Untitled

Lucky, I really like the figures but only got 1

If you look online you might find some as cheap as $10 bucks, if you're lucky.
It's the closest thing you'll get to an Amiibo for now, and their very rare since they didn't last long in the states.

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

152. Posted:

I probably won't be using all of my figures as Smash Bros. training pets. Besides, the figures look cool enough to even just be for decoration, so maybe this data storage won't be that much of an issue.

The biggest thing I just want to learn is how these things will be used in games besides Smash.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

153. Posted:

It's a bit disappointing, but not a surprise really. Other than diehard collectors I think most people will only get their favourites. I also think game-specific designs are a must, unless they're going to add an app that tells you what's on there.

Actually there's an idea. Why not have an amiibo app that will not only tell you what game data is on it, but allow you to transfer it to another amiibo of the same type? I know, probably not going to happen...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

154. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

It's a bit disappointing, but not a surprise really. Other than diehard collectors I think most people will only get their favourites. I also think game-specific designs are a must, unless they're going to add an app that tells you what's on there.

Actually there's an idea. Why not have an amiibo app that will not only tell you what game data is on it, but allow you to transfer it to another amiibo of the same type? I know, probably not going to happen...

I have a feeling that this will be a whole new way of gaming and will change the way people play, and even make grown adults buy toys.
Watch them make a Starwars or Tranformer line of NFC toys, and a lot people would buy them like crazy.

University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

155. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

If it is true that Amiibo can only hold data from 1 game I am hoping that the data will be saved to the game file, and there is an app that transfers the game amiibo save data to the actual device. That way I can still take it where ever I want but I can also use it for multiple games without losing my data. I will probably use multiple figures for Smash and don't want to lose that data when another game comes out that supports them.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

156. Posted:

More amiibo pictures from Gamescom:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

brewsky

157. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

More amiibo pictures from Gamescom:
Untitled

Hey, I can translate that using what little German I know!

"Prototype - Design not Final!"

But, I think everyone could've figured that out.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

Inkling

158. Posted:

I saw some at Hyper Japan. They look great.

But Nintendo, this is the perfect thing to use Non-Specific Action Figure in!

Plus I would gladly pay £50+ for a custom Mii of myself as an Amiibo

Wiishlist: Splatoon, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Star Fox U, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2

Rocking the Wii U, Xbox 360 and 3DS XL, can't wait for the New 3DS

Used to be GamerOZO and Splatom

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

159. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I have a feeling that this will be a whole new way of gaming and will change the way people play, and even make grown adults buy toys.
Watch them make a Starwars or Tranformer line of NFC toys, and a lot people would buy them like crazy.

Star Wars will be apart of next year's Disney Infinity in time for episode VII.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

160. Posted:

Now that the amiibo figures are up for pre-order on Amazon, they are dominating the Top 20 video game sales, with Link selling the most.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236240-amiibo-dominating-amazon-t...

Miiverse