Wii U Forum

Topic: Alright, is it worth it??

Showing 41 to 51 of 51

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

41. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

No get a PS4, it has better games.

How can it have better games? Besides the fact that they have no choice but to wait until the holiday season anyway(which will bring tons of releases for Wii U), the games on PS4 look like 1.5 versions of games we can already buy on existing consoles. The gameplay isn't even any different.

Wii U is different in what attacked PS4 for how exactly?

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

42. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

No get a PS4, it has better games.

How can it have better games? Besides the fact that they have no choice but to wait until the holiday season anyway(which will bring tons of releases for Wii U), the games on PS4 look like 1.5 versions of games we can already buy on existing consoles. The gameplay isn't even any different.

Wii U is different in what attacked PS4 for how exactly?

English please.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

43. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

No get a PS4, it has better games.

How can it have better games? Besides the fact that they have no choice but to wait until the holiday season anyway(which will bring tons of releases for Wii U), the games on PS4 look like 1.5 versions of games we can already buy on existing consoles. The gameplay isn't even any different.

Wii U is different in what attacked PS4 for how exactly?

English please.

Wii U is different in (the way) what "you" attacked PS4 for how exactly?

Sorry bout that, I really need to do better with my small typos like that.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

44. Posted:

...So what are we talking about again, some kind of new pizza? >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

45. Posted:

This is a comment I liked on another forum...

Basically, if you like games, PS4. If you like Nintendo games, a Wii-U. If you like Kinect and pizza apps, 720.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

46. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

A Nintendo forum is going to be quite biased.

Check a Sony forum, where it's fair and balanced.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

47. Posted:

@Jaz007
I still don't really understand what your asking. Like, what makes the consoles different making me choose Wii U over PS4?
My answer would be the GamePad and Wii BC(including most of its accessories). Move will most likely still not be as supported as Wii U with Wii remotes, the GamPad can be used for more than it currently is. I honestly don't even know why the camera is being supposedly packaged with PS4, because I could care less about chatting online. Wii U chat is on Wii U, and I don't use that. I don't even like Skype, so this is just my opinion anyway.
The only way the PS Eye will be worth anything, is if it works much like Kinect, where there is no need for a controller to play games. Even then, Xbox has already moved on to Kinect 2.0.
PS4 is behind in different areas compared to Wii U. Wii U enhanced the controller tremendously, and carried everything Wii had done along with it. PS4 is ditching EVERYTHING PS3 had done hardware wise, besides Move. The touchpad will most likely be used for Start and Select buttons, and maybe browsing the internet like a PC.
All in all, if a new generation of consoles happens(there's much doubt at this point for everyone I think), I would give a high percentage that PS won't make it to another generation after this one. Not not because they will get beat competitively, but PS4 doesn't really have anything to really expand on past this point.
It's just like DS. Nintendo broadened the scope of handhelds in exchange for graphics, then adds graphics later.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

48. Posted:

@SCAR392 I meant with how the games look like 1.5 versions of games you can get on existing consoles.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

49. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

@SCAR392 I meant with how the games look like 1.5 versions of games you can get on existing consoles.

Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous look like the same game. I have those games, and the only difference to me is that I can charge my sniper rifle and throw a knife at fools(In Killzone).

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

50. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@SCAR392 I meant with how the games look like 1.5 versions of games you can get on existing consoles.

Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous look like the same game. I have those games, and the only difference to me is that I can charge my sniper rifle and throw a knife at fools(In Killzone).

What about the new IPs and how does any new Nintendo games so far look more changed than inFamous does? It is evolving the series, I'm not sure what you want for a sequel, the gameplay is generally somewhat similar to it's predecessors. Most Nintendo sequels have gameplay that is somewhat similar to its predecessors like most series.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

51. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@SCAR392 I meant with how the games look like 1.5 versions of games you can get on existing consoles.

Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous look like the same game. I have those games, and the only difference to me is that I can charge my sniper rifle and throw a knife at fools(In Killzone).

What about the new IPs and how does any new Nintendo games so far look more changed than inFamous does? It is evolving the series, I'm not sure what you want for a sequel, the gameplay is generally somewhat similar to it's predecessors. Most Nintendo sequels have gameplay that is somewhat similar to its predecessors like most series.

Well, the graphics in general are obviously improved compared to what Wii can do, and Nintendo was able to make great controls last gen even on a weaker machine. I just think Nintendo can do ALOT more with less. Even if Wii U was for example, just as powerful as PS3, Nintendo would probably still be able to get better performance from the same machine than Sony.
I wouldn't doubt that every game going into the next generation(3rd, 2nd, or 1st) has the ability to look like Uncharted, Killzone, etc. good visually looking games since that's how far things have advanced.
Nintendo is starting their HD generation with motion plus from the start(instead of halfway through the gen), a new controller, and great games that people just can't seem to wait for(but there's nothing else, still).
I can understand why 3rd parties are being crappy, because they want to push further, and they will be able to on Xbox∞ or PS4, but I also understand that last gen took alot out of these companies financially(because the HD and motion control fads became permanent), and graphics won't necessarily matter as much anyway since everything is at PS3's top level even on the Wii U(Most Wanted U was best version of all).
It will generally be super easy for companies to make games that still reach great levels of effects, combined with touch and motion controls.
If there is a next gen, that will most likely be the gen where Nintendo goes graphic crazy like they did with GCN, but I'm thinking a hardware add on will be a wiser choice if they really think it's worth investing in, because there's already so much backing what Wii has done that it would be hard to ditch Wii remotes and the GamePad, and start completely fresh like PS4 has done this gen.
Like, what is there after Wii remotes, the GamePad, etc? The gadgets we have already work wonders, and there's not much else to improve on besides making peripherals.
We're at a point where every piece of technology becomes more and more relevant while still improving. It's like buying a car now, and using it for 20 years before it's finally time to get a new one.

$¢@®³’²