Wii U Forum

Topic: A New Nintendo Is Emerging (IGN)

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage
Nintendroid5000

Nintendroid5000

1. Posted:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/lithosthehero/2013/05/18/a-new-ninte...

Every now and then, I see some post that calls out Nintendo as some company stuck in the 90's. Four, five years ago I might have agreed to a point. The Wii days seemed bleak but to be fair, Nintendo was living in the future those days, they went a different direction and made out huge with the console. Still that's besides the point I plan on discussing today. No, today I'm discussing that Nintendo over the past few years has steadily evolved into a stronger company than before. So before you get into making up your mind read below, and take a look at a Nintendo that is once again blazing its own path.

WTF? A positive article on Nintendo from IGN.

Edited on by Nintendroid5000

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

2. Posted:

calm down it's not the end of the haters, IGN says cool things about nintendo sometimes on the other hand, gamespot still is the site with the biggest nintendo hate I've seen.
and every "nintendo"is a new one every time they start with a positive time advantage and a cruel APARENT hardware disavantage and, being gamecube and virtual boy the only exceptions that come to my mind, they survive and "win" every time I find a good thing nintendo being cast aside by sony/microsoft fanboys because in the end they get a nintendo console as the "secondary" console if they keep it up xbox and playstation will kill each other leaving nintendo alone because they thought "they are no harm" and left it untouched during their "battle"

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

3. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/lithosthehero/2013/05/18/a-new-ninte...

Every now and then, I see some post that calls out Nintendo as some company stuck in the 90's. Four, five years ago I might have agreed to a point. The Wii days seemed bleak but to be fair, Nintendo was living in the future those days, they went a different direction and made out huge with the console. Still that's besides the point I plan on discussing today. No, today I'm discussing that Nintendo over the past few years has steadily evolved into a stronger company than before. So before you get into making up your mind read below, and take a look at a Nintendo that is once again blazing its own path.

WTF? A positive article on Nintendo from IGN.

What's so hard to believe about that!? They do have a Nintendo division, you know

Seriously though, it's like Adam Sessler said recently, the only reason he is extra hard on Nintendo, is because due to the fact that he grew up with them, he loves them, and is just confused at some of their recent decisions. (while he isn't an IGN rep, I feel like his comments cover most of the so-called "hate" you get about Nintendo from the gaming press)

Avatar: Deborah (DQV)

Reading: Bleach, Ikkitosen, Kyokai no Rinne

Watching: America: the Story of Us, Dragon Ball Super, DBZ Kai, Kyokai no Rinne, Michiko & Hatchin, SAO II

AuthorMessage
SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot

4. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/lithosthehero/2013/05/18/a-new-ninte...

Every now and then, I see some post that calls out Nintendo as some company stuck in the 90's. Four, five years ago I might have agreed to a point. The Wii days seemed bleak but to be fair, Nintendo was living in the future those days, they went a different direction and made out huge with the console. Still that's besides the point I plan on discussing today. No, today I'm discussing that Nintendo over the past few years has steadily evolved into a stronger company than before. So before you get into making up your mind read below, and take a look at a Nintendo that is once again blazing its own path.

WTF? A positive article on Nintendo from IGN.

What's so hard to believe about that!? They do have a Nintendo division, you know

Seriously though, it's like Adam Sessler said recently, the only reason he is extra hard on Nintendo, is because due to the fact that he grew up with them, he loves them, and is just confused at some of their recent decisions. (while he isn't an IGN rep, I feel like his comments cover most of the so-called "hate" you get about Nintendo from the gaming press)

I agree, people expect more from nintendo than other companies, because they've been innovators for so long, and honestly people should embrace the lower scores that ign and other sires gives nintendo games, because its not going to hurt anyone, it will make nintendo actually try to innovate once again, and make games people will be talking about ten years from now, can anyone truly say nintendo has had a game that has had the same impact as orcarana of time had when it first came out?

SirQuincealot

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

5. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/lithosthehero/2013/05/18/a-new-ninte...

Every now and then, I see some post that calls out Nintendo as some company stuck in the 90's. Four, five years ago I might have agreed to a point. The Wii days seemed bleak but to be fair, Nintendo was living in the future those days, they went a different direction and made out huge with the console. Still that's besides the point I plan on discussing today. No, today I'm discussing that Nintendo over the past few years has steadily evolved into a stronger company than before. So before you get into making up your mind read below, and take a look at a Nintendo that is once again blazing its own path.

WTF? A positive article on Nintendo from IGN.

Have you ever been to IGN? The way the site is run each branch is run by fanboys.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear

6. Posted:

Good opinion piece; poor punctuation.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

7. Posted:

Funny how everyone seems to think Nintendo is behind the times, when they may actually be ahead

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

8. Posted:

SirQuincealot wrote:

can anyone truly say nintendo has had a game that has had the same impact as orcarana of time had when it first came out?

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and Pokemon

You could easily argue that they're not but they have all either received a solid mix of critical acclaim and commercial success. Plus you could make this statement more broadly if you really wanted to. How many games has anyone made since OoT that have had the same impact it did when it first came out?

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

9. Posted:

All versions of OOT combined are confirmed to be around the 10 million or so mark, so a bit more than say, 1/3 of the sales for New Super Mario Bros. again but multiplayer for Wii. (just saying)

also, while a coincidence I'm sure, Megaman Legends came before OOT. Though cutscenes existed before Ninja Gaiden and Final Fantasy existed before Playstation so you could argue the same thing for a lot of more obscure games.

Also, to add to the list of new, innovative titles: Wii Sports, which arguably is the main contribution to the change IN THE ENTIRE GAME INDUSTRY.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

10. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

gamespot still is the site with the biggest nintendo hate I've seen.

Gamespot hates everything. Seriously, I have never see them not be hard on any games they've reviewed, regardless of the company behind it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

11. Posted:

@kkslider5552000
Well yes, I was going to go there but I thought I'd stick with the two hit combo of commercial and critical success. Leaning slightly on the latter. That said my inclusion of Animal Crossing but not New SMB is highly subjective, on all measures New SMB has had a bigger impact both critically and commercially. I just don't think people look forward to another New SMB like they do Animal Crossing.

[edit]
Since we're talking critical acclaim, OoT and IGN probably worth remembering IGN gave OoT it's first ten. Its second ten was for Pokemon but it also gave a ten to Super Mario Galaxy 2. Something I think gives weight to the critical acclaim argument.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax

AuthorMessage
Jukilum

Jukilum

12. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

What's so hard to believe about that!? They do have a Nintendo division, you know

And if I remember correctly they just cut it down to one person.

Jukilum

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

13. Posted:

@Jukilum
You're remembering incorrectly and I don't think they really have a concept of "divisions" as they once did. It's more fluid. They have at least two plus some people who "float" between "divisions".

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

14. Posted:

With only a single writer covering the Ninty stuff that means there's no competition for the most views so no need to post doom articles anymore

MAB

AuthorMessage
Innit

Innit

15. Posted:

It's a blog post AT ign.

Not an editorial BY ign.

Innit

AuthorMessage
Sentinator

Sentinator

16. Posted:

That is what I have noticed as well. That Game Industry article or whatever it was the other day had the Sega deal down as desperation. Whenever Nintendo do something right or take a step forward a whole bunch of haters come out saying they are "stealing" from 360 and PS3 owners.

Congratulations Lithos and Nintendroid. You two just made my day. Good on you for calling them out.

@ everyone else, IGN isn't that bad for Nintendo hate. Actually when that "Vita will crush 3DS" article popped up people were quick to call it for bias. The worst offenders for Nintendo hate are NeoGAF and GameFAQS.

Edited on by Sentinator

Sentinator

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

17. Posted:

Sentinator wrote:

The worst offenders for Nintendo hate are NeoGAF and GameFAQS.

to be fair, NeoGAF hates everything

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
bonesy91

bonesy91

18. Posted:

Just wait for the next hate article..... "I spilled water on my wiiu gamepad and it stopped working! Nintendo fails again!"

That's about what the hate has been boiled down too lol. Stupid people

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

19. Posted:

Dude, you linked to a user blog. This has nothing to do with the official IGN. Also, last I checked, IGN proper has had the opinion of "Meh" when it comes to the Wii U for a while now.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
[strong][url=http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja]My Backloggery...

AuthorMessage
rallydefault

rallydefault

20. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Dude, you linked to a user blog. This has nothing to do with the official IGN. Also, last I checked, IGN proper has had the opinion of "Meh" when it comes to the Wii U for a while now.

I was waiting for someone to figure that out lol

rallydefault