Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SirSmugleaf

That is actually very funny, because this shows Nintendo's lack of communication to tell us that this new console isn't just the Wii with a fancy new controller.
Don't blame your grandparents, @TheDreamingHawk, blame Nintendo!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Banker-Style

Tell them you love them,and give them the puppy dog eyes,and if that doesn't work.
Cry,like you haven't cry before.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

skywake

I thought the Wii U was pretty self explanatory and had been talking about it with my sister for a while. She's pretty hyped about the way Rayman Legends plays with the GamePad and thinks Pikmin, New SMB U and Nintendo Land should be pretty fun. She has a 3DS and hunts streetpass hits as obsessively as I do so she's hardly a novice when it comes to Nintendo stuffs or gaming in general. I told her I was getting a Wii U, pointed out it cost $350AU and $430AU and she fully understood that I needed to get a Wii U to play Wii U games.

................... then later I was talking about how I was going to have to find a new home for the Wii because I'm getting the shiny new Wii U and she said "oh, is the Wii U a whole new Wii?". So I thought that it was perfectly clear that the Wii U was a whole new system to anyone with even the slightest understanding of gaming. Apparently I was wrong.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

noname001

Ah man I'm so glad I'm not a kid anymore.

Why did you ask them if you could pre order it in the first place?

Anyhow, I saw just keep working on convincing them. And get a job, $10 allowance isn't going to sustain you as well as a paper route! They're likely apprehensive about you buying it because, for all intents and purposes, it is their money you'd be using. If you earn your own moola, they likely won't care one bit what you do with it.

noname001

The_Fox

Bass_X0 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Yeah. Boobs and guns. That will sell it!

They always do!

How about a gun that shoots boobs at people?

I'll take ten, please.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

DarkNinja9

ok i agree with a few comments but heres what i would do...

first sell any of the old games to sell boost your money or anything else around the house that you no longer use

instead of complaing or bugging them 24/7 about it just talk to them together and show them why the wii u isnt the same and that its a whole new console of its own and why the new games that are coming our for the wii u wont be able to play on the old wii this way it should right away get the point across

after that do what another person said and take them to gamestop and ask the clerk there to explain that way they dont think you just made some stuff up to convince them to give you the money for the console

but anyway it seems like you already have the cash though but you worried about were to pre order it since most places stopped accepting pre orders?if thats the case you going to have to wait till launch day and buy it i think you grandparents are more worried about you just wasting your money like crazy and have a repeat of the 3ds later dropping in price parents hate seeing ppl who dont have some patience and waiting for a better deal of the item... weird i know o.o

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

TheDreamingHawk

I actually sold some old shovelware I had a few weeks ago and got some extra money out of it.

These games included: (Prepare to laugh at the stupidity of the old gifts I got)

Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots
Guitar Hero DS
Mario and Sonic DS

I got $16 out of it, which was a good deal.

But guess what? I STILL CAN'T PREORDER. Now my grandma found out that the wii U is "new" (Because it uses the "Ipad controller" and wii fit U)

But I still can't pre-order. Why? She believes that they will drop the price the week before it releases and I will lose my money.:/ So her belief is: "NINTENDO WILL DO TEH PRICE CUT IN ONE YEAR THAT WILL MAKE IT $150 FOR ALL WII U COLORS, AND IT CAN'T SELL OUT THIS YEAR DUE TO THE KIDS WHO MAY WANT IT FOR CHRISTMAS)

To express my situation:

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Eel

You should listen to her. Even with the "TEH"'s and the CAPSLOCK she sounds like a smart person.

Preordering the WiiU will give you nothing special. If you wait a little bit you may find it cheaper or with better bundles.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

theblackdragon

If you respect your grandparents that much, you'll obey them, TheDreamingHawk. Other than that, everyone here has given you all the advice they can. The rest is on you. Good luck!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.