Wii U Forum

Topic: 3DS would have been a better fit.

Showing 21 to 40 of 48

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

21. Posted:

@KawaiiPikachu: Wait, you actually think a Nintendo 3DS, an indepedent handheld gaming platform of its own, will be cheaper than the Wii U GamePad, a primary control accessory assigned to a console with which it belongs? I'm sorry, but excuse me as I throw all my alleged maturity out the window for this post:

Untitled

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kawaiipikachu

22. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

@KawaiiPikachu: Wait, you actually think a Nintendo 3DS, an indepedent handheld gaming platform of its own, will be cheaper than the Wii U GamePad, a primary control accessory assigned to a console with which it belongs? I'm sorry, but excuse me as I throw all my alleged maturity out the window for this post:

Untitled

What I mean is that the control pad would probably be the same rough price as a 3DS meaning that if you already got a 3DS meanign you would not have to be forced to pay so much for it to have a controller that does what a 3DS can do anyway.

Kawaiipikachu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

23. Posted:

The only problem I would have with using the 3DS as a WiiU control is it all comes down to comfort. The gamepad looks extremely comfortable especially for long sessions of gamesutra and you would need the CPP attached to the 3DS at all times because just about every game requires dual analog control. Also the screen size (unless you have a XL) would not be sufficient enough to accommodate for the resolution required to output from the WiiU it could possibly look like a pixilated mess or way too tiny to actually make anything out like items or words etc ;) I would say they're probably creating certain games with 3DS enhancement similar to gamecube GBA connectivity though :)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

24. Posted:

Kawaiipikachu wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

@KawaiiPikachu: Wait, you actually think a Nintendo 3DS, an indepedent handheld gaming platform of its own, will be cheaper than the Wii U GamePad, a primary control accessory assigned to a console with which it belongs? I'm sorry, but excuse me as I throw all my alleged maturity out the window for this post:

Untitled

[/div]

What I mean is that the control pad would probably be the same rough price as a 3DS meaning that if you already got a 3DS meanign you would not have to be forced to pay so much for it to have a controller that does what a 3DS can do anyway.

The Nintendo 3DS is just about roughly £110/$170 as of now, give or take. How on earth can even the Wii U GamePad remotely cost such an abominable price, especially when the whole Wii U package itself is estimated around £250? At the most extreme case, it could only reasonably cost about £50. Besides, not everybody who will own a Wii U will own a Nintendo 3DS, so why force me to buy a handheld I never even wanted in the first place just to play my Wii U? Logic = blown.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

25. Posted:

For that matter, why should consumers be forced to pay for ANY new controller when older models work just as well!! It makes POIFECT SENSE, yes? :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

26. Posted:

@KawaiiPikachu: but the controller can't do everything the 3DS can do, and therein lies the difference. It's only got one screen, no 3D, and it doesn't play DS or 3DS titles — plus there's been no word about playing DSiWare titles on it at all (which would make sense given that it's only got the one screen). The GamePad is also limited to a certain range of the Wii U unit itself; you can't take it someplace else and operate it on its own. it doesn't make sense for a controller to cost as much as a full-fledged current-gen handheld console.

with the '3DS as a controller' thing, that'd just be a perk for those owning a 3DS as well as a Wii U. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

27. Posted:

...
I'm confused. Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as the primary controller?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

28. Posted:

@KawaiiPikachu: So you're basically saying that it would make sense to force consumers to buy a 3DS (which is really an independent handheld) to use as a controller for the Wii U rather than buy the controller that will already come with the console in the first place (and will be much cheaper than the 3DS even on it's own)?

Untitled

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

29. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

...
I'm confused. Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as a primary controller?

Untitled

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

30. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

SquiggleTail wrote:

This is a feature that Nintendo should really incorporate eventually. Not just the idea of using a 3DS as a controller, but games that are cross compatible. Kinda like "Transfarring", where you play a game on the Wii U, take it on the go with the 3DS or 3DS XL, and later synch up your progress with the Wii U.

I really don't see the point of a feature like this though. The Vita does this. This is why that system has no games, because almost every game in the Vita's library is a PS3 game.

I seem to remember the Nintendo 3DS had so few games worth playing for the first six months that Nintendo apologised to anyone stupid enough to buy one by giving them 20 free games. (that includes me, for the record)

The Vita's lack of quantity (though the quality is there) has to do with the fact it's a new system, not because people with PS3s couldn't be bothered buying one.

That's not the reason. The system has been out for 5 or so months, and it's only reached around 2 million sales. The price point certainly isn't a help, or is the fact that Sony is pushing this as a portable with the power of a PS3. I think if people wanna play PS3 games, they'll get a PS3, which you can get for the same price as a Vita.

Atleast with the 3DS last year, everyone knew the good games were coming. At e3 this year they announced like 2 new Vita games during the Sony Conference, which was an Assasins Creed and Call of Duty Portable. That's not enough.

Mandoble wrote:

aha, so being able to play PS3 games using your Vita as controller and with specific functions running on its screen is going to kill Vita's sales, right? Or is that having PS3 games available for Vita is also a bad thing? I guess releassing Ocarine of Time for 3DS was a bad idea, right?

I was going to reply to your argument but you totally missed the point...

BOTTOM LINE: The Vita needs to be it's own system.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

31. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

...
I'm confused. Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as a primary controller?

[/div]

Untitled

HAHA U SO FUNNY.
NO. I'm honestly confused. What is it that Kawaiipikachu said exactly that made everyone argue using the 3DS as a controller? I know that he/she/pony said that the Wii U controller would be as expensive as the 3DS (lol), but what else besides that is whipping everyone into a frenzy?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CommanderAudio

32. Posted:

@Kawaiipikachu The logic is missing from your argument. It dosen't make any sense.
You trying to fight an argument you can't win.

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

33. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

...
I'm confused. Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as a primary controller?

[/div]

[/div]

Untitled

[/div]

HAHA U SO FUNNY.
NO. I'm honestly confused. What is it that Kawaiipikachu said exactly that made everyone argue using the 3DS as a controller? I know that he/she/pony said that the Wii U controller would be as expensive as the 3DS (lol), but what else besides that is whipping everyone into a frenzy?

HAHA, NO, I SO SERIOUS.

If you were really following the whole discussion, you'd realise that KawaiiPikachu is trying to say that the 3DS should be the primary controller for the Wii U (against all logical argumentation in the universe), and that the GamePad is irrelevant. And we, as good people, are trying to restore law and order into this absurd declaration.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

34. Posted:

@TysonQ7:

KawaiiPikachu wrote:

What I mean is that the control pad would probably be the same rough price as a 3DS meaning that if you already got a 3DS meanign you would not have to be forced to pay so much for it to have a controller that does what a 3DS can do anyway.

idk what everyone else had picked out to counterargue, but that's what i was responding to — the idea that the control pad would be the same price as a 3DS. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

35. Posted:

I'd totally use the 3DS as a WiiU contoller

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

36. Posted:

@GameLord08
And I clearly asked

Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as a primary controller?

I was all set to join you in poking holes in the argument. I just didn't know wheat each person was responding to. No need to facepalm.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

37. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

@GameLord08
And I clearly asked

Are we arguing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller like the PS3/Vita? Or just that it shouldn't be used as a primary controller?

I was all set to join you in poking holes in the argument. I just didn't know wheat each person was responding to. No need to facepalm.

[/div]

Oh, I see. I apologise to you then, I misinterpreted what you meant; I thought you had read it, and were being rather immature. Basically, we're arguing that the 3DS shouldn't be the primary controller, for so many reasons uncountable in Earthly mathematics. The two main points are:

  • Not everyone will own a Wii U and a 3DS - the Nintendo 3DS is an independent handheld gaming platform, why should I buy one just to play a completely different home console?
  • The Nintendo 3DS will definitely not cost as much as a Wii U GamePad, contrary to KawaiiPikachu's absurd allegations.

There are actually so many holes in the argument, but those are the major ones that declare this thread a brutal misconception. Feel free to join in.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nibelilt

38. Posted:

THE BLASPHEMY! :O IN THIS TOPIC! :(

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

39. Posted:

Wii U GamePad was designed to be used for the Wii U solely. The 3DS is it's own separate entity away from the Wii U.

They both might have similarities, but they're both completely different and are used for different things. The GamePad is a dedicated controller, 3DS is a dedicated handheld.

Your argument, although valid in areas, fails in the logic department. If you don't want logic, live with Spongebob and have underwater showers lol. :3

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohnPhilipSousa

40. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

If you don't want logic, live with Spongebob and have underwater showers lol. :3

[/div]

Best thing I've heard all day. I agree with the rest of your post though.
EDIT: Also, at the people saying you have to buy the GamePad, THE GAMEPAD IS BUNDLED!

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa