Forums

Topic: 3D Mario rumors and speculation thread

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

skywake

Well the last of their big console Mario/Zelda games that didn't have an orchestrated soundtrack was Twilight Princess. I'd say it's probably a given that they'll have it fully orchestrated..... and I'd go further and say they might even give the Wind Waker remake an orchestrated soundtrack. Whether or not it'll be "better" is a matter of taste I guess.

As for not wanting it to be another Galaxy I don't think there was that much different about Galaxy. It really was just bringing Mario back to the N64 style but with a space background. That's why Galaxy was great, it introduced a new sort of level but it maintained the "walk into a door" sort of Mario 64 hub. I'd be a bit annoyed if there were no gravity puzzles and I don't really care what the hub is that much. As long as there is level variety I'm happy.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Henmii

I hope they will do something totally new, though Galaxy 3 could also be fun (as long as it contains lots of new ideas). Or a Sunshine sequel! Or maybe even a free-roaming 3D sequel to Mario bros 2, with vegetable throwing and all! By the way: I prefer bigger worlds (as found in Sunshine) over many smaller ones! I would love to see the Koopalings in 3D! And I want to see E.Gadd in a bigger role, and maybe even Wario and Waluigi!

We know in a couple of days!

Henmii

FireMario887

Maybe Bowser finds out how to manipulate the world and spread it across the stars, he captures Peach, Mario is the world's only hope. Similar gameplay mechanics to SMG1 and 2 is something I expect. Possible gamepad usage too, you know what, most likely. The level design could hopefully be something new, maybe a blend of Galaxy and Sunshine. The characters: Mario (Duh), Peach (Obviously), Bowser (Of course), Luigi (It's his year), Yoshi (Likely), Toad (Why not), and the cute partner of which the gamepad controls. Mario tries to repair the world, save Peach and any civilians, stop Bowser.

FireMario887

Adam

I would like to see true 2P if the U can handle a second player running about on the game pad screen. I don't know if that is beyond its processing power or what.

I hope it's a new theme or a Doki Doki Panic theme since that world was really interesting. Whatever the theme, give it a hub world as fun as 64's. Galaxy and Galaxy 2 skimped in that area, so it would be nice to see it expanded beyond even what 64/Sunshine had. Perhaps incorporate the short, simple levels seamlessly into the hub itself, so that I have a mini-level to cross to new areas.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

skywake

If you abandon the idea of off-TV play entirely you could do some pretty cool things. Go down a pipe and you appear on the GamePad for a 2D section. Alternatively the GamePad could provide a different view, like an overhead view that allows you to see where you have to go.... or a first person view with a press of a button.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Henmii

"give it a hub world as fun as 64's"

Yeah, I also want a proper hub-world!

Henmii

FireMario887

@Henmii Hub world, yes! Great idea. I am expecting a part of Mario's world were a peaceful species is at and he is sent to save the world by that species. You will be able to explore that portion of the world, get stars, fine secret 1-ups, and explore.

FireMario887

ThePirateCaptain

I don't think they need to drastically change the art style for the game, just make a natural progression in the graphics. The jump from 64 to Sunshine was great, and Sunshine to Galaxy was fine as well. The 3D Mario games don't look radically different from each other, but they each fit the tone they were going for.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

supered91

i do hope theirs a new story for it

supered91

WebHead

I agree with WaveBoy on it possibly being sorta like a 3D SMB 2.
Or atleast have the dream theme where Mario must enter dreams or something. Super Mario Dream!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Snagrio

WebHead wrote:

I agree with WaveBoy on it possibly being sorta like a 3D SMB 2.
Or atleast have the dream theme where Mario must enter dreams or something. Super Mario Dream!

But, isn't Mario & Luigi: Dream Team doing that already? It'd make the whole 3D dream world idea rather redundant if it was also done here. I'm thinking things will be more along the line of different dimensions.

For example, what if Mario went to an alternate dimension where Bowser has actually won? It seems to be suggested in the Neo Bowser City track in Mario Kart 7, so such a notion wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CM30

Different dimensions has been done already too:

Untitled

Either way, there's nothing wrong with having two Mario games based on the same theme. After all, did Mario's Time Machine stop them making Mario & Luigi Partners in Time? No? Same here with the dream world thing.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.