Forums

Topic: 20 hours to download a game

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

LittleKing

SCAR392 wrote:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

Stupid question probably answered here: Wii U does NOT include the possibility to download the games and continue playing or doing stuff o even turn on the Wii U and retake the download from where it was befeore? Cause if not, Nintendo has totally failed to make decent online store. Imagine downloading a game that uses ALL the capacity of the Wii U discs.

You can download while the Wii U is on and running other apps/games. It will resume where it left off, too. How is it bad that all the content is there? That's personally why I didn't like downloading games on PS3, because they compress the data. Fitting 15GB worth of data into a 10GB folder is not ideal. Quality is better than getting the game faster IMO.

Using that logic, I guess you don't ZIP stuff either. You know, because squishing all that data into a smaller space obviously makes it of much worse quality when you decompress it.

LittleKing

SCRAPPER392

I don't know what you just said MetaBubble.

I've heard downloads look worse than the bluray in some cases, but it was probably just a mishap that happened. Even still, some games HAVE to install, even with the bluray. I don't see why you would want to use a 25GB bluray disc, that has 20GB on it, and still have to install it when memory is clearly not the issue.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

SCRAPPER392

WhiteKnight5

How it takes 20 hours to download a Wii U game is beyond me. Must have a slow internet connection. Ninja Gaiden 3, a roughly 5Gb file size, was only about an hour and a half for me. Assassins Creed 3, maybe around 15 to 20 Gb, took probably 5 to 6 hours. I personally find the Wii U to be very quick next to older consoles

WhiteKnight5

k8sMum

@WhiteKnight5

Just fyi, believe bumping old threads with nothing truly pertinent to add is frowned upon.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Sorry, this topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.