Forums

Topic: E3 2016 Speculation/Predictions

Posts 81 to 100 of 472

DekuOnion

The Pokemon Company cares more about sales than being a launch title to help Nintendo's handheld get going. They would rather release on an established system because of a larger install base. Nintendo would have to talk them into it.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

skywake

@Bolt_Strike:
I think we can agree that Pokemon on NX for launch is possible but unprecedented and therefore unlikely. It would be one of the few games that would make people go insane about a portable at launch. The only other games on the same level would be Mario, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. Of the four I think there's a fair chance we'll get one, a reasonable chance for 2. Three would be insane.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bolt_Strike

So discussing things here has given me a better idea of what to expect for this year's E3:

3DS/Wii U:
-Zelda U finally gets some concrete details. Final name, release date, and more details about the gameplay are shown.
-Pikmin 4 reveal
-Paper Mario U reveal
-Trailer for Pokemon Z or whatever the next Pokemon game will be called.
-New Kirby game for 3DS. I'm guessing it'll be a spinoff of some sorts, maybe another entry in the Curse series (Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse) or something completely original.
-Localization of Yokai Watch 2. The West has some catching up to do with the Yokai Watch series, so I think we'll start to see more of them at E3.
-More info on Q3/Q4 3DS and Wii U games. I'm expect Federation Force and Gen Ben Iku whatever to fit under this category, everything else from their E3 2015 lineup seems to be close to completion and is probably releasing before E3.

NX:
-NX will probably have been revealed prior to E3 so the name, concept, and price will already be known. E3 will cover the launch lineup
-3D Mario game. Probably another 3D Land/3D World type of game. Hopefully Nintendo's learned from what they did in the first two and makes this one the 2D/3D hybrid this series was supposed to be in the first place and actually manages to regain the collectathon audience they alienated on 3DS/Wii U.
-Retro's game. No idea what it could be, probably a new or revived IP. It doesn't seem to be something predictable, so I'll just wait to be surprised.
-Animal Crossing.
-Third party stuff. We know there's a Dragon Quest game coming to NX, so we'll probably see that, and maybe a couple of other stuff.
-Zelda U will also have an NX version.

DekuOnion wrote:

The Pokemon Company cares more about sales than being a launch title to help Nintendo's handheld get going. They would rather release on an established system because of a larger install base. Nintendo would have to talk them into it.

Well Nintendo wasn't happy with how long it took Game Freak to bring XY to the 3DS, so they may pressure them into getting the first NX game out faster. So I could see it being out earlier than usual. Again though, it would have to be 2017, because they already seem to have plans for the 3DS in 2016. But having a Pokemon game out 1 year after launch is still good anyway, I could see that and Mario Kart NX giving the system a decent sales bump in its second year.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

skywake wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Like I said on the last page, 8 also got DLC so that could push things back a bit. I think Mario Kart NX would be late 2017, and since Nintendo doesn't want to reveal games too early, they probably wouldn't reveal it until E3 2017.

Well even if we assume that the time spent on DLC was all consuming that's still only another year. Which, assuming a Mario Kart 8 length development, would put it at a June 2017 launch. So seriously close to the "NX launch window". And while I do think the DLC took a lot of effort I don't think it would have slowed things down entirely. Do we even know which team worked on the DLC? Because the Mario Kart Team did lean on Retro to work on track development for Mario Kart 7.

Also, if not Mario Kart then what else? What other titles could realistically be ready for the NX? What Retro is working on if its a home console, Pokemon if it's a portable, Animal Crossing.... and? I think Mario Kart is well up on that list. And you can be pretty damn sure that Nintendo is going to talk about NX stuff that's not going to be ready for launch at E3.

If it's a portable, I don't really expect much from launch.
The DS launched with Super Mario 64 DS, and the 3DS launched with Steel Diver, Pilotwings, and Nintendogs+Cats.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

cookiex

iKhan wrote:

The DS launched with Super Mario 64 DS, and the 3DS launched with Steel Diver, Pilotwings, and Nintendogs+Cats.

Iwata wanted to avoid a launch like that with the NX though.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

I'd expect at least 4-6 games from the launch lineup from Nintendo, and probably a few more from third parties. I think it still might be a bit slow at first, but I don't think it'll be quite as barren as the DS or 3DS. With the amount of big games they've been holding back this year there has to be something big ready for the NX's launch. Then beyond the launch lineup, it's a matter of how much third party support they get.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

cookiex

I imagine the next 3D Mario and/or whatever Retro's working on are part of the launch lineup. Both would be big enough to sell systems.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Grumblevolcano

cookiex wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo launches have not usually been great anyway, even the N64 only had SM64 and Pilotwings 64.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

cookiex wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo launches have not usually been great anyway, even the N64 only had SM64 and Pilotwings 64.

The Gamecube and Wii launches beg to differ though.

cookiex

DefHalan

@Whitewatermoose: I don't think Metroid Prime 1 HD would be very satisfying. Metroid Prime trilogy is downloadable on Wii U. I think I would rather see a Super Metroid HD or better yet, all 2D Metroid games in HD, all of them being made under 1 art style and placed chronologically, so you can play through all of them in order or select the one you want. I know most 2D Metroids are on Wii U VC, and the above statement about Metroid Prime 1 might contradict what I am saying about this, but I think people would appreciate it more.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

I think Prime 1 and 2 are worth remaking, there's plenty of things they could add in terms of content. Prime 3, not as sure. It might be best to wait until after Prime 4 before we discussing remaking the first three though.

For now though, there's also a lot they can do with Super Metroid.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

EA cancelled E3. Host event weekend prior. Do not announce anything for NX (how could they). Nintendo announce NX with launch line up of Animal Crossing Amiibo Fest 2, Mario Down Under Football, F-Zero Card Battler and NX Zumba party. (Anything other than this is a good E3! lol)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: I think any of the Metroid games getting HD remaster/remake would be kind of pointless. If a new Metroid isn't coming to Wii U then an F-Zero GX HD remaster with online multiplayer would be much more wise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sticker

I calling it. We're mostly likely getting a Mario game. The chances the Mario game is:

• A sequel/remake to a old Mario game. (Most likely Sunshine)
  • Or a spinoff.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Bolt_Strike

@Whitewatermoose If we're getting a Metroid game, it'd be either a remake or a 2D game. Prime 4 won't happen for at least 2 years.

Bolt_Strike

GerudoKing

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@Whitewatermoose If we're getting a Metroid game, it'd be either a remake or a 2D game. Prime 4 won't happen for at least 2 years.

Why 2 years? They could surprise us. It's been a long time since Prime 3 on the Wii.

GerudoKing

Bolt_Strike

KingKoopa1982 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Why 2 years? They could surprise us. It's been a long time since Prime 3 on the Wii.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metr...

They explicitly confirmed that by E3 they didn't have the team or resources ready to start work on Prime 4, and that it would take them 3 years to make it. Meaning the earliest we're getting it is in 2018.

Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Bolt_Strike: Yeah Prime 4, but nobody ruled out a regular 3D Metroid game.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Yeah Prime 4, but nobody ruled out a regular 3D Metroid game.

Probably not going to happen. They've acknowledged the 2D games and the Prime games as the two main branches of the series, so not having a new Prime game means we're probably not going to see a proper 3D game for a while outside of remakes.

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.