Forums

Topic: E3 2016 Speculation/Predictions

Posts 41 to 60 of 472

Grumblevolcano

2013 was strong for 3DS but weak for Wii U until like the end of the summer. 2015 did mostly suffer due to localization length (FE Fates, GIR#FE, etc.) and delays (Star Fox Zero, Zelda U) though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Pretty much NX day. Any wii u or 3ds games can be talked about in three house sections.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ZanderShepherd

Obviously the NX. I'm also expecting more info on My Nintendo, and I think we'll get an official announcement for Pokémon Z. It's gonna happen this year, and they'll announce it at E3, if not sooner. There's just no other way.

ZanderShepherd

cookiex

Poketendo wrote:

Obviously the NX. I'm also expecting more info on My Nintendo, and I think we'll get an official announcement for Pokémon Z. It's gonna happen this year, and they'll announce it at E3, if not sooner. There's just no other way.

Isn't My Nintendo launching in two months?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

@cookiex: Wasn't My Nintendo planned to release alongside of Miitomo?

Now think of Miitomo, they delayed the game/app, because they needed more time for advertisement and marketing, but as of now, we haven't seen anything regarding that game. That doesn't add up...

Octane

cookiex

Octane wrote:

@cookiex: Wasn't My Nintendo planned to release alongside of Miitomo?

Now think of Miitomo, they delayed the game/app, because they needed more time for advertisement and marketing, but as of now, we haven't seen anything regarding that game. That doesn't add up...

I read on IGN that they were waiting until after the holidays to start promoting Miitomo, so we should have some updates any day now.

cookiex

banacheck

@Whitewatermoose: I am sure Activision owns Crash Bandicoot so I doubt we will ever see it.

Regarding NX as it's being officially announced this year I don't think it'll release until 2017.

banacheck

Nintendo_Ninja

The NX is the color grey. The Wii was white and the Wii U was black, so the NX will be grey.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

skywake

If I was to bet on a year that the NX is going to launch I'd say 2017. That's not to say I don't think 2016 is possible I just think that it's easier to line things up for 2017. Especially if its not a portable. Though if it is a portable and is coming out in 2016? It might explain why we haven't heard anything about Pokemon in a while....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NintendoFan64

@Tops If it isn't shown until E3, then I think a 2017 release is pretty much guaranteed.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

TomJ wrote:

Miyamoto and Aonuma will spend the first 10 minutes talking about the concept and inspiration of Zelda for the 30th anniversary.

As well as announcing the Linkle amiibo which is compatible with Hyrule Warriors (Wii U and 3DS) and Zelda U/NX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LetsGoChamp

How about a Linkle knockoff of Tomb Raider for NX?

Edited on by LetsGoChamp

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

IceClimbers

@LetsGoChamp: Nah, leave the Tomb Raider knockoff for the gritty Ice Climbers reboot

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Smash_kirby

@IceClimbers: We have to make sure there is plenty of gun play for Nana and Popo.

Smash_kirby

LetsGoChamp

could do a promotion with Freezer Pops.

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

iKhan

So here is what 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party (Some of them) Nintendo partners don't currently have an announced game and/or are likely working on something new.
1st Party

Software Development Group 1 (Last Games: Mario Kart 8 (2014), Nintendogs+Cats (2011); Avg time between games: 1-3 years)
Software Development Group 2 (Last Games: Animal Crossing HHD (2015) and Splatoon (2015))
Software Development Group 4 (Last Games: Pikmin 3 (2013), Super Mario Maker (2015); Avg time between games: 1-3 years) (Probably working on Pikmin 4)
Production Group 1 (Last Game: Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus (2015); Avg time between games: 1-2 years)
Tokyo Software Development Group 2 (Last Games: NES Remix 2 (2014), Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014); Avg time between games: 1-3 years)

Nintendo Software Technology (Last games: Mario and DK Tipping Stars (2015); Avg time between games: 1-2 years)

Retro Studios (Last game: DKC: Tropical Freeze (2014); Avg time between games: 3-4 Years)
Monolith Soft (Last Game: Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015); Avg time between games: 4 years)*
Nd Cube (Last Game: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (2015); Avg time between games: 1 year)

2nd Party
HAL Labs (Last Games: Box Boy 2, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse; Avg games per year: 2-3)
Intelligent Systems (Last Games: FE: Fates and Code Name: STEAM; Avg games per year: 3)
Camelot Software Planning (Last Games: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (2015); Avg time between games: 1-2 years)

Pokemon is such a mess I'm not going to bother with separating it by developer:
Pokemon Series (Last games: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Shuffle; Avg games per year: 2-3)

3rd Party Partners
Vanpool (Last Game: Dillon's Rolling Western 2 (2013))
Arika (Last Game: Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (2015))
Mistwalker (Last Game: Party Wave for iOS (2015))
Good-Feel (Last Game: Yoshi's Woolly World (2015))
Skip Ltd. (Last Game: Chibi Robo: Zip Lash (2015))

Based on that, here are some revised 2016 predictions for NEW games:
New 3DS IP from EPD Software Group 1
New IP for Wii U/NX from Retro Studios
NX Exclusive party game from Nd Cube
New Kirby game for 3DS/NX
New Paper Mario game for Wii U/NX
Pokemon Z for 3DS
New Pushmo game
New Downloadable game from Vanpool
New Mario game from EPD Tokyo group 2

EDIT: Removed Ganbarion (confirmed to be working on a Dragonball game), added EAD Tokyo group 2.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

cookiex

cookiex wrote:

Guaranteed:
NX (console + games)
Zelda U
Genei Ibun Roku # FE *
Metroid Prime: Federation Force *
Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI

Likely:
Pikmin 4
Project Guard *
Project Giant Robot *
Retro's next project
Team Galaxy's next Mario game

Maybe:
?

Not likely:
Monolith Soft's next project
Sakurai's next game

*Provided they are not released before E3 2016.

Updated with Pokkén Tournament removed (since it arrives on March 18th worldwide) and asterisks for the Dragon Quest games removed due to a confirmed summer release.

cookiex

Bolt_Strike

@iKhan I'm guessing that the Kirby game is going to be on 3DS. Kirby tends to maintain a stronger handheld presence and usually isn't an early adopter of new hardware, so a second 3DS entry would make sense for it.

Also, what became of the Tokyo teams? Because EAD Tokyo Group 2 was confirmed to be working on another Mario game, and they're due for another release. They're probably working on a Mario game for NX.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@iKhan I'm guessing that the Kirby game is going to be on 3DS. Kirby tends to maintain a stronger handheld presence and usually isn't an early adopter of new hardware, so a second 3DS entry would make sense for it.

Also, what became of the Tokyo teams? Because EAD Tokyo Group 2 was confirmed to be working on another Mario game, and they're due for another release. They're probably working on a Mario game for NX.

I counted the next 3D Mario game as "announced", although now that I think about it, it hasn't been officially. I'll fix it.

If NX is a handheld, I can see the next Kirby as being a decent game to launch the system with. Nintendo handhelds have had notoriously bad launch titles as of late, so I think a Kirby launch could be an improvement.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Shinion

@iKhan: why did you spend the time compiling this? Like we need some clarification that game developers who don't have announced games are working on games and you just took a stab-in-the-dark at what they are? I think most of this is pretty basic stuff that you didn't need to go into that amount of detail on, most games nowadays have a 3 year cycle minimum and there's little to be gained trying to guess what these secret games are. This kind of rampant, unorganised speculation is what often leads to people getting the wrong end of the stick in my experience. I think we can all safely say that the guys at Monolith or Retro or HAL are working on games (because that's what they're paid to do) and my guess is as good as yours which is as good as my nan's who hasn't ever played a videogame as to what game they are working on. Can I just ask for what purpose you did this?

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.