Project Giant Robot *
Retro's next project
Team Galaxy's next Mario game

Maybe:
?

Not likely:
Monolith Soft's next project
Sakurai's next game

*Provided they are not released before E3 2016.

Updated with Pokémon Sun/Moon.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Kryce

what I really want to see is a top notch presentation like the one from E3 2014, the skits were hilarious the trailers were well made and strategically hype building, although a new world championaship would also be cool !

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

FragRed

What I want to know about is what are these Nintendo Garage teams working on? I read a while back, may have been on Gamnesia, that there's 6 Garsge teams in operation at Nintendo to produce new IPs using young developers.

So far we've only seen Splatoon which means there's up to 5 more new IPs not yet revealed, and maybe the Splatoon team have yet another to announce who knows.

But with the NX being revealed this year, showcasing some new IPs from these teams would be a great way to generate hype.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Aozz101x

Going to Happen
Pokemon Moon and Sun
The Legends of Zelda
Metroid: FF
Genei Ibun Roku X FE[
NX
Dragon Quest
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Most Likely
Project Guard and Project Giant Robot
Pikmin 4

Dream Wish
Animal Crossing for Wii U or NX (or both)
Mario Sports Sequel
that Rumor Paper Mario for Wii U game
and something unexpected.

Not Happening as i agree w/ @Cookiex
Sakurai's next game

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

-Green-

Just 103 more days...

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

cookiex

cookiex wrote:

Guaranteed:
NX (console + games)
Zelda U
Pokémon Sun/Moon
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Metroid Prime: Federation Force *
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U version)
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Monster Hunter Generations
Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI

Likely:
Pikmin 4
Project Giant Robot *
Retro's next project
Team Galaxy's next Mario game

Maybe:
?

Not likely:
Sakurai's next game

*Provided they are not released before E3 2016.

Updated following today's direct.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Vinny

•Zelda U Reveal
•NX Reveal
•Mother 3 Localization announcement
•At least one new first party 3DS game announcement (N-Stars?)
•Pikmin 4, new 3D Mario from EAD and mystery Retro Studios game shown. All NX titles.
•Disappointment, people wishing death to Nintendo and swearing to never buy their stuff ever again.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Shinion

Vinny wrote:

•Zelda U Reveal virtually certain
•NX Reveal very likely
•Mother 3 Localization announcement hopefully
•At least one new first party 3DS game announcement (N-Stars?) Likely
•Pikmin 4, new 3D Mario from EAD and mystery Retro Studios game shown. All NX titles. Likely
•Disappointment, people wishing death to Nintendo and swearing to never buy their stuff ever again. guaranteed

Fixed it for you

Shinion

Rumorlife

I can't believe people still thought Mario & Sonic Olympics were canceled. Why? Things had been posted even within the past couple of weeks or so.

Rumorlife

TuVictus

If there's Pikmin 4, by default I cannot be disappointed. They could literally say all Wii U's will explode the day of NX launching and I'd be like "wow that direct was much better than their E3 2015 direct"

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Operative: Every Direct is better than the E3 2015 Digital Event. Even the recent Pokemon Direct. The E3 2008 press conference remains Nintendo's worst presentation though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Whydoievenbother

Here's what I want to happen at EA's broadcast:
An EA representative walks up on stage and says "Thank you for coming to EA's conference this year. A decade ago, the game you bought was the game you got-" and IMMEDIATELY the crowd starts booing and throwing stuff and the representative says "uh... that's all the time we have for today!" and the conference ends right there.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

cookiex

The format they used last year worked very well tbh, even if the content is what ultimately brought the whole thing down in the end. The World Championships, Treehouse Live, the production value on the Digital Event etc. If they repeated that with the right content they could have a much more successful show.

I think between NX, Zelda U, whatever Retro and Team Galaxy are working on, Pikmin 4 etc. Nintendo has a lot more going for it this year.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

iKhan

Nintendo can't do a digital event this year. They have a console to announce.

When you are showing hardware, you don't want the audience to assume it's clean and polished. You want to demo the device in front of a large audience to PROVE that it's clean and polished. When I just see video of game footage, I might as well be watching a commercial. The footage could be completely doctored or run on another device, and I have no way of knowing that.

This is what makes Apple's live keynotes so strong. They always demo their products so that the audience feels they know exactly what they are getting.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sticker

iKhan wrote:

This is what makes Apple's live keynotes so strong. They always demo their products so that the audience feels they know exactly what they are getting.

You mean getting the same thing but barely improve features for a insane price?

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

cookiex

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo can't do a digital event this year. They have a console to announce.

Well sure, switch out the Digital Event with a traditional conference (though they can return to the Digital Event format next year 'cause I honestly kinda start to prefer that) but keep the rest and I think you're good to go.

iKhan wrote:

When I just see video of game footage, I might as well be watching a commercial. The footage could be completely doctored or run on another device, and I have no way of knowing that.

Well to be fair it's not like live conferences have been safe from that either.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

iKhan

cookiex wrote:

iKhan wrote:

When I just see video of game footage, I might as well be watching a commercial. The footage could be completely doctored or run on another device, and I have no way of knowing that.

Well to be fair it's not like live conferences have been safe from that either.

They aren't, you're right. But it's more trustworthy than a premade video presentation.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@Operative: I disagree, if Paper Mario Color Splash is mentioned at all during E3 2016 then people will consider it worse than E3 2015.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Operative: I disagree, if Paper Mario Color Splash is mentioned at all during E3 2016 then people will consider it worse than E3 2015.

That's assuming if Nintendo didn't say anything else.
But then again, internet people.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

@iKhan: I think they should have a press conference for showcasing of the NX, a Digital Event for more announcements and the Treehouse for more hands-on. Throw in Best Buy demos and NWC '16 and I'll be very satisfied.
Why can't we have both a press conference and a Digital Event? I'm already loving the Digital Events. The only problem I have with them is the fact that too much time is spent on the developers. We can have a developer's session after the Digital Event, BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMES!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.