Forums

Topic: E3 2016 Speculation/Predictions

Posts 101 to 120 of 472

Grumblevolcano

My new predictions for E3:
NINTENDOOMED!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Yeah Prime 4, but nobody ruled out a regular 3D Metroid game.

Probably not going to happen. They've acknowledged the 2D games and the Prime games as the two main branches of the series, so not having a new Prime game means we're probably not going to see a proper 3D game for a while outside of remakes.

I think I missed that part then.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Probably not going to happen. They've acknowledged the 2D games and the Prime games as the two main branches of the series, so not having a new Prime game means we're probably not going to see a proper 3D game for a while outside of remakes.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-a...

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: 3D Metroid is Federation Force.

It's a spinoff in the Prime series. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

That doesn't mean there won't be a regular 3D Metroid game.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

That doesn't mean there won't be a regular 3D Metroid game.

You're not getting it. Prime is, for all intents and purposes, considered to be a "regular 3D Metroid game". We're likely not going to see a third person 3D game.

Bolt_Strike

Whydoievenbother

Here's my prediction for EA:
Some big EA exec. is going to walk up on stage and say "a decade ago the game you bought was the game you got" and IMMEDIATELY the crowd is going to collectively start booing that EA exec. of the stage and throw rocks at him.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Octane

@Bolt_Strike: Takahashi does the Prime series, Sakamoto does the ''regular'' Metroid games, including Other M. So yeah, that doesn't rule out anything. Who knows what Sakamoto is up to?

Octane

Luna_110

Bayonetta 3 and/or the Jeanne's spinoff from Platinum Games and the sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, so we can finish that story arc. A girl can dream, no?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

LetsGoChamp

The Animal Crossing Call of Duty remake sounds great, always wanted to get Nook in my crosshairs. @Whitewatermoose:

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

iKhan

@Whitewatermoose:

Whether it's an improved or a unique version or not, a port of a year old 3rd party game is a bad idea. It won't sell well, because everyone has moved on, and it will be more justification for Activision to ignore Nintendo platforms.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Not to bump the thread, but I had an interesting thought. Two actually, first I'm almost 100% convinced that Sony will announce Crash Bandicoot at E3. Second, an interesting third party collaboration would be a Nintendo developed Sonic the Hedgehog in consultation with Sega.

Activision owns Crash Bandicoot and there's no way they would ever make a purely exclusive game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Nicolai

Who wants to bet they'll make a new Mario Sports franchise? Mario cricket? Mario American Football? Mario Skateboarding? Lol

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

IceClimbers

@shingi_70: Not unless Sony is funding it, which would likely be the case. No reason to think Crash would come back at all otherwise, unless they found some way to shoehorn him into Skylanders.

Either that, or Sony bought the IP rights.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: MW2 is the only CoD before the "lets ignore Nintendo consoles" approach of Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@Whitewatermoose: because Capcom and Activision are two totally different companies. One is reliant on rehashing nostalgia to keep its head above water with no risk taking whatsoever- hence needing Sony's money for their most relevant IP. The other is (arguably) the biggest 3rd party publisher, and whilst they too are unable to take risk because they're an 'AAA' company, they don't need anyone's money nor need to subject themselves to subsequent restrictions. Crash is dead as a door nail until those two companies come to a compromise, and whilst they're currently in bed with each other out of circumstance (COD and Destiny basically securing PS4's dominance for the last couple of year's while Sony has done sweet FA) that can and will drop eventually, and unless these two companies come to that compromise soon Crash may not be seen for a long, long time. Plus who's gonna make the game, Naughty Dog? Yeah right, they're not the same team they were 15 years ago, they wouldn't touch that series with a ten foot pole unless they can do an edgy, emotional & 'cinematic' Crash game.

Oh and I personally think even the already made Crash games are mediocre and have never been the best in their genre. He can stay dead for me, there's better games out there, and that's taking a big presumption that Crash can rise from the grave and have a rebooted game in this generation of all generations be as 'good' as the originals. If NG do develop it will there be the sweet addition of Naughty Dog points that everyone is super hyped for in Uncharted 4?

For all those reasons and more I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: Yeah, I totally expect this year Sony's E3 to be the Sony equivalent of Nintendo's E3 2008 or Microsoft's E3 2010. VR, just like motion controls is just a gimmick.

Grumblevolcano

shingi_70

@IceClimbers:

Activision isn't the type of company to go full exclusive other then timed content. With the opening of their eaports and entertainment beaches they're going to want their games on every platform they can.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.