Forums

Topic: 2014 - Year of Yoshi

Posts 1 to 20 of 36

Miblon

Think about it.
There might be another 'Year of _____" as Year of Luigi started this whole year thing, and there might be another Nintendo character getting the spotlight.
The thing is, what character?
I think it's Yoshi.
Yoshi has two games coming out in 2014, Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's New Island.
Super Mario 3D World might have Yoshis (unless it already has, I don't know)
SSB4 might feature Yoshi, as he's one of the original 8 of the Smash characters, and has been featured in every game since.
It does seem pretty promising, eh?
This is just a theory so I don't know.

This isn't a interesting signature. Go look at someone elses.
Friend Code: 5370-0889-8930

Warruz

We need a year of Non mario characters . I think Metroid or Starfox are due.

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

Banker-Style

Year of some profitable character so Nintendo can make more money is a very good idea to have every year.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Klimbatize

It's just a cutesy gimmick that doesn't mean anything at all. The Year of Luigi can only be remotely considered that because we got Luigi's Mansion and the Luigi DLC for NSMB Wii U. Everything else that was part of this amazing "Year of Luigi" was just Mario games that happen to have Luigi in them as well. The Year of Yoshi would be the same thing...two games, and Look! Yoshi's in Mario Kart 8!

Who cares.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

GuSolarFlare

from the thread saying it will be the year of the game boy

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I hope it ends being either the Year of Fox, Year of Samus, year of Fire Emblem, year of "let's localize all the mother series", Year of DK, Year of"let's revive old IPs", year of newcomers(new franchises!) or Year of Captain falcon!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LordJumpMad

Klimbatize wrote:

Who cares.

/Thread

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

CrazyOtto

I think 2014 would be the Year of the Game Boy since it's the 25th anniversary of the Game Boy.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Ryno

Nintendo already wasted the green case with the NSLU "Year of Luigi" silliness. Blue cases are already used so what do they have left, pink for the pink Yoshi's? No gamer wants a pink case.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

GuSolarFlare

Ryno wrote:

Nintendo already wasted the green case with the NSLU "Year of Luigi" silliness. Blue cases are already used so what do they have left, pink for the pink Yoshi's? No gamer wants a pink case.

they have yoshi egg pattern(white with green spots) but I want the year of something that was forgotten/not-much-used-lately by nintendo so new(or old) different stuff will appear.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Kyloctopus

I still think they're celebrating 15 years of Super Smash Bros.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Relias

Miblon wrote:

Think about it.
There might be another 'Year of _____" as Year of Luigi started this whole year thing, and there might be another Nintendo character getting the spotlight.
I think it's Yoshi.
SSB4 might feature Yoshi, as he's one of the original 8 of the Smash characters, and has been featured in every game since.

Uhm no.... 2014 is the Year of Ninetails... your going to have a rkami type game with Ninetails... a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where you can start out as Ninetails (Potentially) and of course.. the Ninetails Saga... a awesome JRPG where Ninetails teams up with a few trainer/ranger types to stop the evil team Delta Beta Niner... .... just kidding.. like I said... No.. just No..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

GuSolarFlare

Relias wrote:

Miblon wrote:

Think about it.
I think it's Yoshi.

Uhm no.... 2014 is the Year of Ninetails... your going to have a rkami type game with Ninetails... a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where you can start out as Ninetails (Potentially) and of course.. the Ninetails Saga... a awesome JRPG where Ninetails teams up with a few trainer/ranger types to stop the evil team Delta Beta Niner... .... just kidding.. like I said... No.. just No..

no.... it's the year of Ezlo where every nintendo character in every game will use a living bird-looking cap and he will even come back in zelda games in his non-cap form and beat gannon before link even gets a sword!(now let next next person with a favorite not-main char talk weirdness about being the year of it )

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Snagrio

Kyloctopus wrote:

I still think they're celebrating 15 years of Super Smash Bros.

I'd be down with that. And while they are at it Nintendo can release Melee on the Wii U VC for the occasion. :3

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DefHalan

Year of Miyamoto's New IP

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dark_Link

DefHalan wrote:

Do you have any thoughts on what kind of game it might be?

Dark_Link

DefHalan

Dark_Link wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Do you have any thoughts on what kind of game it might be?

Not really but I do wonder if Miyamoto will ever create a First Person type game in his style and what kind of game that would be. Just a thought.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.