Forums

Topic: 2014 - The Year of Yoshi

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

DudeSean

Will 2014 be "The Year of Yoshi"?

Evidence to support this:
1. Yarn Yoshi will be released in 2014.
2. Yoshi's New Island will be released in 2014.
3. They haven't yet revealed Yoshi for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS. Perhaps they are waiting until next year?

Perhaps we'll also get some sort of DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Mario 3D World. For Super Mario 3D World, it could be as simple as adding Yoshi as a playable character, whereas with NSMBU maybe we could get a new set of levels like we did for New Super Luigi U, except this time it would be New Super Yoshi U. Either all of the new levels could have Yoshi in them, making them levels designed specifically for Yoshi, or they could even go so far as making Yoshi a playable character, who other player could jump on and then ride.

Maybe we could get new Wii U or 3DS versions of Yoshi or Yoshi's Cookie. Also, they could release Yoshi's Cookie, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story on the Wii U VC and maybe even put Yoshi's Island DS on the 3DS eShop.

Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled to have another Mario character have a year. I'd rather have a year of Zelda or year of Metroid, but right now all signs point to Yoshi.

What do you guys think?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SearchNDestroy

Yoshi is too cool man! Lets hope so =)

SearchNDestroy

JonnyKong

A year of Yoshi could be feasible.

Was the year of Luigi for a particular reason like an anniversary, or was it just random?

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Snagrio

I swear there have been at least two threads with this exact same topic before...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GuSolarFlare

WingedSnagret wrote:

I swear there have been at least two threads with this exact same topic before...

yeah one was about year of GameBoy and the other ironically was also about year of Yoshi!

I'd love if they made the "Year of Falcons" releasing a new F-Zero AND a new Star Fox(it has Falco, most Luigi games this year were actually Mario games, save for Luigi's Masion and the Luigi U DLC)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jazzer94

GuSilverFlame wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

yeah one was about year of GameBoy and the other ironically was also about year of Yoshi!

I'd love if they made the "Year of Falcons" releasing a new F-Zero AND a new Star Fox(it has Falco, most Luigi games this year were actually Mario games, save for Luigi's Masion and the Luigi U DLC)

^ This idea I like a lot.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

RetroChaos

I'd love to get a year of Yoshi, he rules! However, it would be really random, also Nintendo just forgot about a Year of Metroid when it was the series' anniversary so I'm not getting my hopes up.

RetroChaos

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6785-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Retro-Chaos

Wheeler

Samus needs some love.

Wheeler

DudeSean

Tasuki wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

There have been.

I could have sworn someone already replied saying that there was already a thread like this before.

@ShadowFox254 Yes. Yes, she does.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

HappyHappyist

no. the Year of Luigi is special because Nintendo has never done this kind of thing before. if they turn this into something where they celebrate a new character every year, it won't be special for anymore.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Wheeler

I know, right? Love you Samus.
Untitled

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Wheeler

^I would like a remake of Metroid ll (since is the only game in the series that needs a remake).

Wheeler

DylanMcGrann

The only reason this is the "Year of Luigi" is that 2013 marks Luigi's 30th year of existence. Yoshi will be 24 next year—not a broadly appreciated age.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

DudeSean

Tainy wrote:

The only reason this is the "Year of Luigi" is that 2013 marks Luigi's 30th year of existence. Yoshi will be 24 next year—not a broadly appreciated age.

I wouldn't say it's the only reason. I'm sure marketing had something to do with it.

DudeSean

GuSolarFlare

looks like the year of Luigi will be twice as long because he deserves a spotlight!!!!

YA-HA

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DudeSean

1. Just because Year of Luigi will continue into next year, doesn't mean that next won't have a "Year of [Nintendo Character]."
2. I'm not hoping for a Year of Yoshi. I already said in my original post that I would rather have a Year of Zelda or Year of Metroid. It's just that if any Nintendo character is going to have a year, so far the only evidence that I can find is for Yoshi. (Just reiterating.)

DudeSean

HappyHappyist

2014 - Year of Happyhappyism

release mother 1 and 3 to the west.

blue blue.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

micronean

DudeSean wrote:

Will 2014 be "The Year of Yoshi"?

Evidence to support this:
1. Yarn Yoshi will be released in 2014.
2. Yoshi's New Island will be released in 2014.
3. They haven't yet revealed Yoshi for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS. Perhaps they are waiting until next year?

Perhaps we'll also get some sort of DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U or Super Mario 3D World. For Super Mario 3D World, it could be as simple as adding Yoshi as a playable character, whereas with NSMBU maybe we could get a new set of levels like we did for New Super Luigi U, except this time it would be New Super Yoshi U. Either all of the new levels could have Yoshi in them, making them levels designed specifically for Yoshi, or they could even go so far as making Yoshi a playable character, who other player could jump on and then ride.

Maybe we could get new Wii U or 3DS versions of Yoshi or Yoshi's Cookie. Also, they could release Yoshi's Cookie, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story on the Wii U VC and maybe even put Yoshi's Island DS on the 3DS eShop.

Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled to have another Mario character have a year. I'd rather have a year of Zelda or year of Metroid, but right now all signs point to Yoshi.

What do you guys think?

I don't know about Yoshi DLC, but some VC games featuring yoshi are totally doable.

micronean

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.