Wii U Forum

Topic: 2014 looks pretty good for the Wii U

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage

Blast

21. Posted:

@shingi_70 It still wouldn't hurt to show a picture of Miyamoto grinning or a picture of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. There are pictures of SMT X FE and alotta legit deviantart of the game. LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

22. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

this is the "this is what I've been waiting for" lineup basically. First of all, a Mario Kart that isn't a rushed lazy, "we need a game ASAP" game is nice and it seems to be the online game people have been waiting for. Still undecided if I'll get it remotely close to launch though, rare moment where lots of quality online gaming might be what convinces me. Beyond that though:
-the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 (DKC:TF)
-the spiritual sequel to my favorite game of 2012 and my favorite game post-2008 (X)
-the sequel to one of the most highly praised action games like...ever (Bayonetta 2)
-a Yoshi game that isn't just a failed attempt to continue Yoshi's Island (Yoshi Yarn)
-the next game in my favorite fighting franchise (Smash Bros)
-one of the most hyped 3rd party games of the past few years with a brilliant take on the open world GTA-like gameplay (Watch_Dogs)
-approximately like eleventy billion indies

I'm pretty happy with this.

two things to add to this
1. I realize this is not the best lineup for a console (quantity-wise) but even with major issues this year plenty of people were willing to port stuff (announced to be ported during this year specifically) and Nintendo has been suspciously lacking new Wii U announcements for quite some time...
2. Regardless, I'd like to list the amount of games I bought this year that weren't used older games or basically free.
-Bioshock Infinite
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
-The Cave (indie)
-Project X Zone
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf
-Pikmin 3
-Rayman Legends
-Assassin's Creed IV
-Duel Destinies

that's it. So regardless of whether Nintendo will make some grand, everyone loves the Wii U comeback is beyond me, but the stuff confirmed is basically what I want the most (barring Beyond Good and Evil 2 confirmation or something) so at least I'll enjoy it. Still fairly certain Wii U is the 2nd place console and that this was all decided E3 but who knows?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Blast

23. Posted:

@kkslider555200 I'm just glad the Wii U is gaining tons of exclusive games that should be pretty dang awesome. The PS4/Xbox One will be relying heavily on third party support with the occasional 1st party game to push systems.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

24. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@kkslider555200 I'm just glad the Wii U is gaining tons of exclusive games that should be pretty dang awesome. The PS4/Xbox One will be relying heavily on third party support with the occasional 1st party game to push systems.

Sony published more games for the PS3 than Nintendo did for the Wii.

Not sure why you make it sound like Nintendo is the only console-publisher to produce first party games.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Blast

25. Posted:

@AlexSays Okay.....? Thats not how I'm making it sound. I'm just saying that the Wii U is forced into a position where they have to have the most exclusives because of the lack of 3rd party support. The Xbox One and PS4 are doing so well because of massive 3rd party support that they can take their time with releasing 1st party exclusives. Sheesh.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

26. Posted:

You said 'occasional' first party game while relying on third party support.

You can backtrack now, but don't pretend you weren't implying other consoles receive first party games on a less regular basis.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Blast

27. Posted:

2014 is looking pretty dang good for Wii U. We should see some better bundle deals in the upcoming months, too!!!

AuthorMessage

CM30

28. Posted:

Yeah, 2014 looks amazing for Wii U games.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

skywake

29. Posted:

Pahvi wrote:

When there's at least one (major) exclusive per month in a year, I'm satisfied. The games in the first post appear to amount to about half of that amount, if they all come out in 2014.

Except that this year was considered the year of the 3DS by many, it was a year when most of us struggled to get through even a fraction of the great games on the system. If you were making a similar list for the 3DS in 2013 you'd get to maybe eight or so. Less if you were going to make said list late last year rather than now.

So I don't think this "one major exclusive a month for the whole year" is really a thing. Six is damn good, more than four or so has me picking which ones not to get even if they all get fantastic reviews.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

TotodileFTW

30. Posted:

2014 is going to be a great year for my wii u!

Proud owner of a Black 3DS XL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Check out my youtube channel @TotodileFTW for Cod Ghost Wii U Multiplayer Gameplay, unboxings and reviews of the latest 3DS and Wii U games!
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3969-5589-3089 | Nintendo Network ID: TotodileFTW

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

31. Posted:

All I can say is that 2014 is looking a lot better than 2013 in terms of Wii U releases.

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

32. Posted:

It is looking really good. Honestly, I'd probably be "good" with just Mario Kart or Smash Brothers releasing sometime this year - I don't know if I'd even have time to play both, as they are those sort of games that just get played infinitely by yourself and with friends.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

33. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

You said 'occasional' first party game while relying on third party support.

You can backtrack now, but don't pretend you weren't implying other consoles receive first party games on a less regular basis.

I'm more of a PlayStation and Xbox gamer but @Blast is right. Next year for both consoles there's not a ton in the way of first party content. That could change and I fully expect in the coming years there will be a wealth of great first party content on PS4 just like there was on PS2 and PS3 (PSone was a great console but mainly because of third parties) but as of right now there's not a ton I'm seeing in the way of first party from either company. For Sony I think it's just inFamous, DriveClub, MLB The Show, The Order and Uncharted and those latter two aren't even guarantees, although if they do come out that's not a bad first year especially if inFamous, MLB and Uncharted are up to their usual standards.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

34. Posted:

Of what is known currently... I would personally say that all have a lot of promising first-party content in the works. With a obvious lot more to be announced in the coming time.

Upcoming Sony productions (PS4)

• Driveclub
  • Escape Plan
  • Everybodys Gone to the Rapture
  • Helldivers
  • Hohokum
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • MLB 14: The Show
  • The Order: 1886
  • Pure Pool
  • Rime
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Uncharted
  • EverQuest Next
  • PlanetSide 2

Upcoming Microsoft productions (Xbox One)

• Animusic
  • Below
  • D4
  • Fable Legends
  • Halo
  • Kinect Sports Rivals
  • Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
  • Project Spark
  • Quantum Break
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Time Force

Upcoming Nintendo productions (Wii U)

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Bayonetta 2
  • X
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • The Legend of Zelda

Edited on by Bessestad

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

35. Posted:

Nintendo's exclusive lineup still looks the best, very easily honestly, but I'm not sure how much of that is because Sony and Microsoft don't have as many exclusives that personally interest me, or how much are just boring trends for boring games for boring people that Nintendo thankfully usually avoids (despite Nintendo being too sequel-y and Mario Kart 8 still being a bit too meh)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Blast

36. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nintendo's exclusive lineup still looks the best, very easily honestly, but I'm not sure how much of that is because Sony and Microsoft don't have as many exclusives that personally interest me, or how much are just boring trends for boring games for boring people that Nintendo thankfully usually avoids (despite Nintendo being too sequel-y and Mario Kart 8 still being a bit too meh)

@kkslider552000 Agreed but I think Mario Kart 8 looks freaking awesome. :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

37. Posted:

Sonic Kart honestly looks better than Mario Kart 8...in fact, what does Mario Kart 8 supposed to do that wasn't already done by Transformed?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Platypus

38. Posted:

It's hard to judge some Sony and Microsoft 2014 games because for many of them we only got CG trailers, so I'm not too excited for any of those other than infamous Second Son. Also, I expect a few Wii U exclusives to be announced before or at E3. So yes, I would say Nintendo definitely seems to have the best games at the moment. Of course, I only buy about one or two new games per year so the number of games doesn't always matter.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

39. Posted:

sees "2014 looks pretty good for the Wii U" topic on the home page

sees @Platypus 's avatar right by it

lol

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, MEGATRUTH

I was able to finally send my 3DS to Nintendo for repair.

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Epicness

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97