Forums

Topic: 2014 looks pretty good for the Wii U

Posts 1 to 20 of 38

shingi_70

While the console has had a shaky start, next year looks to be a much better year than this one was for Nintendo's home console. So far on the we have set for next Year

Retail Games
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Untitled

Mario Kart 8
Untitled

Bayonetta 2
Untitled

Yarn Yoshi
Untitled

Super Smash Bros Wii U
Untitled

X
Untitled

Downloadable Content
Wii Sports club Golf
Wii Sports club Baseball
Pikmin 3 mission mode

eshop Games
Fast Racing Neo
Telsagrad
Shante: Half Genie Hero
Shovel Knight
Q.U.B.E.
Pier Solar HD
Child of Light
Rock N' Roll Racing: Off Road
Castlestorm
Paradise Lost: First Contact
assault Android Cactus
Two Brothers
Lobodestroyo
The girl and the robot
Hyper Light Drifter

With the accounts finally being merged I can see a lot of 3DS owners grabbing a WIi U soon.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Perhaps Wii U can gain more spotlight once all the Xbox One and PS4 hype dies down. I can see Nintendo doing a direct at the end of this month or the beginning of January to prep for Q1 2014

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

Recently Nintendo decided they wanted to hold off on announcing titles until they are closer to release. Can't wait to see the surprises!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kyuubikid213

Oh yeah. I comletely forgot about Yoshi's Epic Yarn Island Adventure.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

DudeSean

DKC:TF - I'll probably get it, but there are certainly things about the game that disappoint me (just like all of Retro Studios' games so far).
Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - These are definite buys for me. I always get the Kart and Smash games.
Bayonetta 2 - Right now, I'm leaning towards not getting it, but if the videos / reviews for the game convince me I might get it.
Yarn Yoshi - If I have the money at the time that it comes out and there aren't any other major Wii U or 3DS games at the time I will probably get it, otherwise I'll probably wait until later when the price goes down. Also, I'd like to see more about this game.
X - I probably won't get it, as I'm not really into RPGs anymore now that I'm an adult. I don't feel like I've outgrown RPGs or anything, I just don't have the time.
eShop Games - I'll definitely be getting Shovel Knight. The rest, I don't know.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

19Robb92

Yeah, looking like a great first part of the year at least.

Starting the year of with a possible GOTY contender is pretty brilliant for me.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Cyberbotv2

That's a lot of major releases. You should include Watch Dogs too. If that game utilizes the gamepad to significant extent, it could be a winner.

Cyberbotv2

Nathan_Wv10

With all these games coming out it looks like Christmas is the perfect time for me to be getting a Wii U

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

Blast

@shingi_70 You forgot to add Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and... MAYBE Shigeru Miyamoto's new IP...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

retired_account

Just gimme X and Mario Kart 8 and I'll be one happy camper.

retired_account

deadlymuffin

Blastoise-san wrote:

@shingi_70 You forgot to add Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and... MAYBE Shigeru Miyamoto's new IP...

For me the new IP is the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Curious as to which genre this will fall into

deadlymuffin

CThrash13

Yeah, the new IP is definitely the wild card as far as 2014-2015 is concerned. I'm sure that's a big-time game no matter what genre it's in. Any ideas?

CThrash13

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Yarn Yoshi, DK, X, and I'm set.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

this is the "this is what I've been waiting for" lineup basically. First of all, a Mario Kart that isn't a rushed lazy, "we need a game ASAP" game is nice and it seems to be the online game people have been waiting for. Still undecided if I'll get it remotely close to launch though, rare moment where lots of quality online gaming might be what convinces me. Beyond that though:
-the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 (DKC:TF)
-the spiritual sequel to my favorite game of 2012 and my favorite game post-2008 (X)
-the sequel to one of the most highly praised action games like...ever (Bayonetta 2)
-a Yoshi game that isn't just a failed attempt to continue Yoshi's Island (Yoshi Yarn)
-the next game in my favorite fighting franchise (Smash Bros)
-one of the most hyped 3rd party games of the past few years with a brilliant take on the open world GTA-like gameplay (Watch_Dogs)
-approximately like eleventy billion indies

I'm pretty happy with this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Eh new IP isn't on the since it isn't confirmed for next year and Megaten X fire emblem was never given a release year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WebHead

I think that new IP Miyamoto has been working on will come out next year. He's been working on it for quite a while now(I think 2 years.) And he said work on it really ramped up in August.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LzWinky

I don't think this Mario Kart will be rushed. If it was rushed, then we would have seen it this year.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DudeSean

Pahvi wrote:

@DudeSean: You think that Yarn Yoshi's price /will/ go down before a re-release series?

In used game stores, yes.

The store where I buy new video games from now sells them for less right off the bat anyway. $60 games are $50, $50 games are $45, etc. So, even if I did buy it new, I would be buying it for cheaper than the MSRP.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Blast

@shingi_70 It still wouldn't hurt to show a picture of Miyamoto grinning or a picture of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. There are pictures of SMT X FE and alotta legit deviantart of the game. LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.