Topic: 2013 Wii U Games

Showing 41 to 60 of 112

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

41. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

abINC4L wrote:

Plus what are you doing on this site anyways if you think the Wii and Wii U suck?

I was referring to the original wii being horrible

Untitled

Man I may not agree with Nintendo all the times but the Wii was probably they're best console since the snes.

I wouldn't go that far. It was the best console for Nintendo since the SNES, but I think The Wii failed to match the sheer volume of Quality games that they've had in nearly every console prior except the N64.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

42. Posted:

Compared to third party consoles I woud agree the wii isn't that special but as much as like them in hindsight the N64 and Gamecube didn't set the bar that high to me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Shrapmo

43. Posted:

Bayonetta 2!!! I'm so happy it is getting made!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

44. Posted:

The Wii for me beats out the N64 & GCN by leaps and bounds. Definitly the best console in terms of quality and quantity compared to the other 2. I can only think of maybe 10 games i'd pick up on the N64, close to 20 on the GCN and about 60(not including WiiWare or VC obviously) on the Wii. Too each their own, but the wii brang back a bit of that whimsical retro magic of the NES/SBES days, must of been a combination of the 2D sidescroller revival, the wii remote on it's side 'NES Style', Nintendo going back to their old school roots for many of their exclusives, and of course the VC itself. Hell, 8-bit Mega Man 9 alone was my most anticipated game during the entire generation. The N64 era were dark days for the Sidescroller junkie in mind...Make way for big blocky ugly sprites with blurry textures and 30fps/below frame rates. Looked impressive during the time, but many of them haven't aged so well.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

45. Posted:

Those days were better for me with the whole Sega Saturn/Dreamcast ownage n' stuff ;) they might not have lasted in the long haul compared to N64/PSX but I enjoyed the games more on that side of the fence.

MAB

AuthorMessage

abINC4L

46. Posted:

Seriously, it's all preference, some fans think the SNES was the best Nintendo console, why? Because they loved the library of games on that system the most, simple as that, same can be said for the N64, Gamecube and Wii.

For me personally, I absolutely loved the Wii, sure it didn't have a bustling library of games like the 360/PS3 did and I felt it didn't have as much variety with the 1st party titles as the Gamecube did but what we still got were a few dozen high quality games that could not be found on any other console. Saying it's close to the Virtual Boy is pretty much a trolling comment as NO other Nintendo system comes even close to the Virtual Boy.

Also Capcom has always been a supporter of Nintendo so I don't know where you're getting this "Capcom doesn't support Nintendo" stuff from, hell the best Resident Evil to come out in the past few years appeared on the 3DS, not the PS3, 360 or even Wii. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was a Wii exclusive and was a game that could've easily been brought over to the 360/PS3 yet it remained only on the Wii.

NNID: AB88INC4L

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

47. Posted:

Well the Wii is the only Nintendo machine outside of the original Gameboy I ever paid money for (a friend gave me his old NES and I kept it for a month before selling it on) and it's my favourite console outside of the Atari 2600. Nice to look at and had a decent library of games. When implemented well motion controls brought a much-needed freshness and intuitive quality to gameplay - no way I'm using a thumb stick to play a racing game ever again.

Too early to tell whether or not the Wii U will trump it for me (the interface and online are clearly superior), but anyone who says the Wii is the worst Nintendo console ever clearly hasn't had one or really explored what it had to offer.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

48. Posted:

Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
Wii Fit U
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Feb release in EU)
Wonderful 101 (need revw, but likely purchase anyway)
Lego City Undercover
Injustice: GAU
Game & Wario

eShop:

Bit Trip Runner 2
The Cave
Panorama View
Pinball Arcade
Zen Pinball 2
Marvel Pinball
Pinball Arcade
Castlestorm (?)

Hopefully they'll have two or three major firsty party titles announced at E3 2013 as "strong rumours" suggest. Whether they'll be 2013 releases remains to be seen though

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

LEGEND_MARIOID

49. Posted:

Incidently, I loved ALL my Nintendo consoles but bought most software by for the Wii, DS and PS2 (in that order).

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

50. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

The Wii for me beats out the N64 & GCN by leaps and bounds.

Yet you haven't play Super Mario Galaxy 2! :-P

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

51. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

The Wii for me beats out the N64 & GCN by leaps and bounds.

Yet you haven't play Super Mario Galaxy 2! :-P

That, along with Donkey Kong Country Returns, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's RTDL, A Boy & his Blob, Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Pikmin 2 ect ect. Clearly i'm still a bit behind and haven't fully experienced what the white little whimsical box has to offer. :p But even then, I've had some of the most amazing video game experiences on this console. I can say the same for the first wave of PS1 games...LOVED the launch of the playstation and the day i said goodbye to the saturn.lol Rayman, Jumping Flash! Battle Arena toshinden, Tomba!, Ridge Racer, leading up the ground breaking(imo) Resident Evil, Mega Man 8,
Castlevania SOTN, Mega Man X4, Metal Gear Solid, Parappa the Rappa, RE3: Nemesis ect ect.

The next console i'll be getting outside the Atari 2600 is a PS2 Slim, so i can get most of those games along with Silent Hill 3(already have 2), 4: The Room, Klonoa 2, Fatal Frame II, Mega man X7 & X8, Contra: Shattered Soldier ect ect. But i don't want to get carried away here, as I'm still working on finishing the 10 or so unplayed games i've got in my collection in regards to the Wii + 3ds. I'm Currently anihilating this so called masterpiece Rayman origins. What's your stance on it btw? Game of the year? Not in my opinion. I think people are just gushing over the amazing graphics
AND because it's a complete fresh of breath air amongst the never ending onslaught of post appocalyptic war themed shooter games on
the PS3/XBOX 360. but i don't play those, so rayman to me is just another cool Wii 2D Sidescroller.lol because what lies beneath as far as the core gameplay is concerned is an bit of an uninspired, unchallenging, unrewarding sequal to the original. I think it's good, but it can't even touch the greatness of wario Land Shake it nor' Klonoa....Ahem, and Super Paper Mario if that even counts. ;p Going off topic once again, tisk tisk*.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

52. Posted:

I found Origins to be awful. There's no motivation to continue the game, level after level. The layouts are linear and uninspiring, the enemy placement is drab along with the enemies themselves, boss battles are not memorable, music is... SO annoying and the list goes on. It has no charm.

Wario Land Shake It! has no linear layouts that are inspiring, great art direction, classy enemies, unique, challenging bosses, the score is fantastic, and that list goes on.

Ubisoft should take a few notes from Good Feel's accomplishment. lol

And no, Rayman Origins is definitely not Game of the Year material. Don't let NintendoLife's misguided review fool you.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

53. Posted:

I agree. Although, there are a few great tracks(Under water music for ex) but ultimately most of the music in combination with the SFX including the Singing Lum jingle definitly gets annoying after a while. I feel like I'm just playing it so i can just say i finished it. And I will finish it, but i'm honestly not compelled to. Feels like a bit of a chore really and it completely lacks in variety. It's the same linear routine crap over and over with the occasional Shoot em up stage accompaniedby a forgettable boss fight that requires absolutely zero skill. This is a superficial experience that will win a lot of people over because of it's visuals, style and sound...and it annoys the hell out of me that it's getting so much recognition while the far superior WLSI gets tossed to the side.

BTW, i don't know if you've played klonoa. But the score is one of thee' most amazing soundtracks in videogame history. As much as i love the music in wario land shake it, Klonoa's for the most part will blow you away man. Anyways, after rayman i feel like i should rinse my mouth out with some Mega Man Zero 2. At least i'll get a hardcore challenge out of that one. Mega Man Zero has some of the most kinetic, tightest, polished and challenging bosses in the Mega man series period. Nobody can touch 'Capcom' when it comes to epic tough as nail boss battles. B-)

Edit Also throw in IGN, Nintendo Power and the dozens of other misguided online reviews for Origins which seem to be in the 9-10 area. lol Most people are swooning over this game, and i'm just not one of them. But yup, i'm at world 6 now....I haven't played it for 2 days. It's a snorey chore, and a beautiful one at that. :p I'm at the point now where I'm 'this close' to tossing it out of my collection. Wouldn't hurt, considering it only cost me $20. And you're dead on about the drab enemie placement. None of them are threatening at all either, for the most part. They just stand there doing nothing most of the time waiting to get pounced on. Please tell me DKC Returns blows this overrated pretty snooze fest out of the water...Kirby's RTDL was more fun based
on the little time i had with it, and i'm sure A Boy & his Blob will tickle my Fabio Fancy. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CrispyGoomba

54. Posted:

@WaveBoy Sorry, but I can't help from noticing that you listed Pikmin 2 as a Wii game. No, it's originally a Gamecube game. New Play Controls doesn't count in my book.

CrispyGoomba

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

55. Posted:

CrispyGoomba wrote:

@WaveBoy Sorry, but I can't help from noticing that you listed Pikmin 2 as a Wii game. No, it's originally a Gamecube game. New Play Controls doesn't count in my book.

Pikmin 2 got an upgrade in the control department which does freshen up the experience and makes it feel a bit new. But you're right, i guess it doesn't count. I'll replace ze' pikmin 2 with the Love it or hate it Epic Mickey. :p It's gotta be more fun than Rayman Origins....Right? haha

AuthorMessage

Edward_J_Grug_III

56. Posted:

CrispyGoomba wrote:

I played them on both systems, and they work far better on the Wii. Sure, they were Gamecube games, but if you were wanting to play them today, the Wii is the better choice by a country mile.

Edward_J_Grug_III

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

57. Posted:

I think the WiiU is doomed. No good games are coming for 2013 except Monster Hunter. That's the only thing that will keep me playing WiiU :O

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Shrapmo

58. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I think the WiiU is doomed. No good games are coming for 2013 except Monster Hunter. That's the only thing that will keep me playing WiiU :O

Look at this egotistical boob. He thinks something is doomed because HE is only going to buy one game for it next year. If you can't see I'm doing the jerk off motion for you.

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

59. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I think we're all 'doomed' to have a seizure if we continue to look at that avatar of yours. lol

AuthorMessage

Knux

60. Posted:

Wii U was doomed from the beginning because it's a Nintendo console, and we all know that the last decent Nintendo console was the Nintendo 64.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990