Forums

Topic: 1080 Snowboarding, Waverace & Pilotwings

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

LetsGoRetro

I think these would be great to bring to the Wii U. Nintendo seems to have established itself, willingly or not, as a system that doesn't cater to typical sports fans.

These 3 games, however, should be enough to satisfy the itch for some people for Racing type sports games. Waverace & 1080, in particular, would be great to establish some beautiful, "realistic looking" games for those who enjoy that. Can you imagine how beautiful they'd look in HD?

LetsGoRetro

SCRAPPER392

1080 Avalanche on GCN was where it was at. Great graphics, cool stages, extreme, bro. I don't care much for WaveRace. All they got to do is make the balance board and Wii remotes compatible(where it makes sense) and it's good to go.

Online, HD, wireless LAN. Nuff said.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MasterHiggins

Yes I would buy these.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

CaviarMeths

Honestly, I would probably buy a new 1080 and Waverace before I bought a new F-Zero and StarFox. Besides the HD visuals, the two games would need tons of customization for gear and clothing, a fairly extensive career mode, and free roaming capability. I'd be sold day one.

Not really familiar with Pilotwings.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Einherjar

WaveRace with Ballance Board and WiiMotion Plus support ? Until now, i never knew how much in needed that

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Pretty much three of my favorite games from Gamecube/N64 era. So yes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RancidVomit86

I feel as if some of the features on the gamepad would fit well with Pilotwings.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

cameronbelmont

I would buy a Waverace game in a heartbeat. Loved the 64 and GC versions. I would be tempted by a 1080 and ultimately get it. Pilotwings...not sure.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Haywired

Yes, those would be pretty cool. Wave Race 64 and Blue Storm are incredible and a new HD game would look stunning (though as long as they don't get the bright idea of implementing those bloody Wii Sports Resort "Power Cruising" motion controls that annoying people from 2009 said "would be perfect for Wave Race!"...) Pilotwings would also look pretty amazing. Pilotwings Resort didn't really set the world alight, but I think sales-wise it was more or less in line with the previous Pilotwings games (though I really liked it. I think Pilotwings and Wuhu Island are a perfect fit and I think it's a tad underated). While I never cared much for the original, 1080 Avalanche on the GC is one of my favorite racers ever. In fact I don't think I've played a racing game with a greater and more exhilarating sense of speed. Even more so than say F-Zero, even though that's technically "faster". I guess it's because of the trees and stuff whooshing by you that give it that extra context.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

kkslider5552000

I've had meh experiences with both 1080 and Pilotwings tbh but another Waverace would fun.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dizzy_Boy

I thought Nintendo wanted to recapture some of their old fans, bringing out 1080, wave race, and even f-zero would definitely bring people back..

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

CaPPa

I'd buy all 3 of them. Pilotwings in particular is one of my favorite franchises, it's just a shame that it reached its peak on the N64.

CaPPa

Jazzer94

Wave Race Blue Storm was awesome and Pilotwings 64 is an all time classic, new entries for both would be fine with me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintenjoe64

The majority of my Miiverse posts and Nintendo Direct wishlists have been for sequels to these games. I miss the days when most new Nintendo games were technical showcase for some amazing new graphical or physics effect. I know that is still happening but the majority of the new games are about the controller and not the console's internals.

1080' - absolutely ridiculous that it hasn't had a balance board game. Slap good graphics on it and everyone will love it
Pilotwings 64 - needs a VC release and a proper sequel that isn't just a gamepad showcase like the Wii game was.
Waverace - Nintendo definitely should be showing the world that they are unrivalled for making 'in-game water'.

I also think there are a ton of other franchises that would work well on Wii U and need motionplus controlled or balance board updates like Mario Tennis/Golf. The bad news is that most of these games are fairly niche titles and Nintendo don't really seem to want to treat their nostalgic older fans better than potential new customers. The good news is that most of the stereotypical Nintendo games will have (hopefully) been released for Wii U by the end of 2014 so the future means either new IP or a return to some of the old ones that are on hiatus.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Gamecubed

They need another Wave Race game! Nintendo makes nice water lol.
1080 could be cool too. The SSX reboot on 360/PS3 looks amazing, so I can imagine what they could do with 1080.
I've never been big on Pilotwings... so I could take it or leave it.

I'd just be happy to see a return to any of the series' that haven't been seen before/since the Gamecube era.

Gamecubed

umegames

love me some wave rcae, a wii-u release with these graphics would be terrific.

Full length Smash Bros Game Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmCNFNaLIo

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.