Forums

Topic: 007 Legends

Posts 81 to 89 of 89

HawkeyeWii

Ok I have recently noticed that the price for this game has plummeted. So I wanted to ask one last time before I would get it. The reviews all around were awful, BUT!!! The major gripe about it seems to be that it is simply a COD clone.... NOW! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all COD games get like 9's and 10's out of 10?? The other minot gripe was the quick fist fighting seqments.

So is it bad, or are people just pissed that it is too much like COD?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

ocelot20

I didn't think it was all that much like COD. Just extremely boring which is odd as I like Bond games and the movies.

ocelot20

HawkeyeWii

Well I finally got this game and let me say I am so glad I decided to get it late off of Amazon for $10, because there is no way in hell this game is worth $60!
This game has some huge problems, but I think the problem that take takes up like 90% of why this game is so bad, is because they have only one sensitivity bar. There isn't seperate Vertical and Horizontal sensitivitys. It makes the multiplayer border on unplayable and the campaign is is extremely hard to play with it, you have to comletely rely on the auto aim function if you want to hit your enemies.
Such a shame, because with more customizable sensitivity settings, this would be one of the better Bond games. I really hope the next Bond game is much better, because I love myself some Bond.

Twitter:

rockybalboa

Activision needs to get smart and make a 3rd person Mass Effect type ge. Have Bond going all over, talking to people, asking questions, investigating with additional shooting and exploring but have the shooting from Bloodstone. That game was an incredible Bond shooter, with the hand to hand executions being s highlight

rockybalboa

DudeSean

Sadly, Activision kept wanting Eurocom to make their 007 games more like Call of Duty and, despite giving the Call of Duty developers two years to make each of their games, they rushed Eurocom to get their 007 games out as quickly as possible. I've never seen anyone from Eurocom confirm this, but to me it seems pretty obvious. So, as far as I'm concerned, Activision forced Eurocom to make shoddy 007 games and subsequently go bankrupt. If you've played Eurocom's older 007 games then you should know that they were perfectly capable of making better games than what they did with Activision. That's not to say that Eurocom's 007 games were ever as good as Goldeneye for the n64, but that's a real challenge.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

HawkeyeWii

@rockybalboa Totally agree and I have been thinking the same thing! I think someone should make a Splinter Cell type of Bond game. There needs to be more stealth and less shooting.
@DudeSean Nightfire for the GCN was one of my favorite Bond games and I am pretty sure it was made by Eurocom. One of the only Bond games that have bots multiplayer in it. I love bot multiplayer for video games.

Twitter:

DudeSean

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@DudeSean Nightfire for the GCN was one of my favorite Bond games and I am pretty sure it was made by Eurocom. One of the only Bond games that have bots multiplayer in it. I love bot multiplayer for video games.

Yes. Nightfire was made by Eurocom and was probably the best 007 game Eurocom made. I also very much enjoy it when fps games have bots. It helps a lot when you don't want to have to deal with the hassle of online. And that's one reason why I feel like Goldeneye for the Wii was rushed, the lack of bots.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

cookiex

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Ok I have recently noticed that the price for this game has plummeted. So I wanted to ask one last time before I would get it. The reviews all around were awful, BUT!!! The major gripe about it seems to be that it is simply a COD clone.... NOW! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all COD games get like 9's and 10's out of 10?? The other minot gripe was the quick fist fighting seqments.

So is it bad, or are people just pissed that it is too much like COD?

Goldeneye Wii was essentially COD with a Bond overlay and nobody seemed to mind then...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Gameday

Anyone still playing this ?

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J