Showing 1 to 20 of 27
1. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:40 BST
I just realized that June 1st is the date that Earthbound originally came out.
Since next week will be Earthbound's 14th anniversary, do any of you think that Nintendo will release it?
Here is My Backloggery
2. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:43 BST
no....but don't listen to me. When it comes to earthbound I turn into a cynical little bastard!
(insert comedy here)
3. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:48 BST
Actually, I do. There shouldn't be any reason why not? Also, it'll make up for today's lame update (All we got was the sub-par Clay Fighting game for the Genesis). I bet when Earthbound comes out, everyone will be downloading this game, I even imagine that people will start treated Earthbound as a religion (LOL!). It's my 3rd most anticapated title (Banjo-Kazooie is 2nd and Mega Man 7 is 1st), NOA would be crazy not to release a good game next week. Also if they do release Earthbound that day, NOA should give all Wii owners 800 Wii points so they'll spend it on Earthbound. In fact, I predict this will be the game that will knock Super Mario Bros. 3 from the top spot once and for all and Earthbound will remain standing their.
4. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:52 BST
The only problem would be that so many people would be downloading it that we'd have to wait forever for the bandwidth to clear up.
5. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:55 BST
Earthbound violates copyright laws. It's not going to happen this soon, and we are certainly not getting it before Japan.
Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.
6. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:57 BST
They're not going to release it if you don't believe!
7. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 16:59 BST
8. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 17:43 BST
Who Are You?
9. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 17:45 BST
weirdadam wrote:Earthbound violates copyright laws. It's not going to happen this soon, and we are certainly not getting it before Japan.They're not going to release it if you don't believe!
Don't Stop Believing! Ya I hope for sure it comes out next week but the sad thing is I spent all my points on Majora's Mask. It was worth it though.
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
10. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 18:08 BST
The only problem would be everything you just said.
Anyway, you really shouldn't expect Earthbound. Play it on an emulator, it's all but abandonware at this point. If it ever is released in North America, be pleasantly surprised, not entitled.
11. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:00 BST
But emulators are illegal...
12. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:04 BST
13. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:07 BST
It's a SNES RPG game, many people love it, i've never tried this game.
14. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:09 BST
I doubt its going to happen...>_>But if it somehow does I'll buy it immediately.
I love Erica (Strike Witches), Yuuki, and for some odd reason, Megumi (School Rumble)
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.
More Updates: I HAZ YOUTUBE!!!
15. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:11 BST
I doubt we'll ever see it on vc. It sucks 'cause that samtron5000 girl on youtube made me want to play it. She seems to REALLY love the game.
PSN ID : MrPink78
16. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:13 BST
I never got into the game actually, so I'm really not excited. I thought Mother 3 was good though.
17. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:14 BST
* facepalm *It is like the best RPG made by Nintendo for the SNES. Earthbound is actually the second of the series in Japan called Mother. Mother 1 was going to be released in the US for the NES but never made it overseas. There is a prototype of the English version some people bought and made reproduction cartridges of it. The third was supposed to be released in the US for the N64 named Earthbound 64. The game was completely canceled until the creator announced it was coming out on the GBA. Mother 1+2 was also released for the GBA in Japan. The website starmen.net has more info about this if you need any help. If you have ever played any Super Smash Bros. game. There is Ness (and Lucas. He was only in Brawl.) who is one of my favorite characters EVER.
18. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:32 BST
One, it's not like Nintendo is prosecuting people for it. They even allow massive Mother fan projects to go on unchecked. Two, there are fewer legal problems in using an emulator than in trying to release it.
19. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:32 BST
.....you are banned from the internet!
20. Posted: Mon 25th May 2009 19:44 BST
Oh stop it, lol...not everyone is gonna know about the game, it WAS underrated after all.