Forums

Topic: Which VC Castlevania is the best?

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

Omega

"Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss" is the European title. And it's a completely different game than the PC-Engine Rondo of Blood, it's a lot more difficult.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Bass_X0

Untitled

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll never touch the SNES version of Dracula X as I've already beaten Rondo...Besides it will never come to the VC, and it goes for over $100 on eBay. Not worth the pixel pennies! And funk Castlevania Chronicles, with it's terrible looking graphical update and Chedder 'n cheesy PSX music renditions.

you have started off the new year wrong, those are classic games that youre missing out on.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

TheDreamingHawk

Bass_X0 wrote:

Untitled

That looks like a NES box rather than a SNES box...

Now, I'm saving my money to get Rondo... It just BETTER NOT be pulled off of the VC... Or else I'll buy a PC engine and a PC CD and the rondo game on my own! (But that'll cost a lot)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll never touch the SNES version of Dracula X as I've already beaten Rondo...Besides it will never come to the VC, and it goes for over $100 on eBay. Not worth the pixel pennies! And funk Castlevania Chronicles, with it's terrible looking graphical update and Chedder 'n cheesy PSX music renditions.

BTW, what's Vampire Kiss? Has Bass_Xo discovered a top secret sequal to his favorite movie Series 'Twilight'? Awesomeness aside, I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a Blue 3DS XL soon, so i can experience the final retro 2D'Vania' left that i need to beat in the this Whip wielding wonderful series. 'The Adventure'

Have it your own Burger King way but you are missing out on a Rondo of Blood 2 as I like to think of it while not playing Dracula X in NA, Vampire's Kiss in Europe, and Akumajou Dracula XX in Japan.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Reef7009

Dont bother with the castlevania remix on there its carp. All levels very samey. Castlevania IV is much better

Reef7009

Aldebaran

I would say Castlevania Rondo of the Blood is the best old school Castlevania not only in the VC but also out there.
I 've played Castlevania Rebirth and I must say it is an excellent old school Castlevania

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

SparkOfSpirit

Rondo of Blood and IV are the best ones.

ReBirth and III are really good, though.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

vio

Ok, I looked up Vampire's Kiss on YouTube. It's just Dracula X.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

TheDreamingHawk

I just got Rondo of blood and love it, mostly the music. Better than the arcade and GB game I played (And no, it was not "Castlevania the arcade", it was Vs Castlevania)

Reef7009

Why does everyone rate rondo of blood so highly? Multiple unwarranted deaths , poor collision detection , a zillion enemies to deal with at once , dodgy controls , the list goes on! My character kept walking and whipping even though i wasnt inputting the commands! And u cant whip on the stairs unlike castlevania IV . This is overrated in my book

Reef7009

Chomposaur

Castlevania 4 I can run rings around that game I once scored 290k points on there my first death was on Slogra .

I own all of the VC Castlevanias and i personally would put these in order
1 - Super Castlevania 4 ( What can i say ? i personally believe this is the best out of the classic franchise, when it changed at SOTN 10/10 would defainaitly recommend. )
2 - Casltevania Rondo Of Blood ( lots of hours in the game, branching paths, hidden items and the anime cut-scenes are very good for its time )
3 - Castlevania 3: Curse of Dracula ( Again lots of branching paths, hidden characters
4 - Castlevnaia 1 ( HARD AS HELL, still to this day i cannot complete the first CV, but you can score 999,999 points on the last Dracula fight .. Lol )
5 - Castlevania 2: Simon s Quest ( Meh nothing special i personally like CV 2, others hate it because of what AVGN said about it and just go of that .. )

Such a shame Bloodlines has not been put on there it looks very good and i would certainly buy it in an instant

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

ogo79

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

4 - Castlevnaia 1 ( HARD AS HELL, still to this day i cannot complete the first CV, but you can score 999,999 points on the last Dracula fight .. Lol )
5 - Castlevania 2: Simon s Quest ( Meh nothing special i personally like CV 2, others hate it because of what AVGN said about it and just go of that .. )

Such a shame Bloodlines has not been put on there it looks very good and i would certainly buy it in an instant

what part has you stuck on cv1?
i too like cv2
and bloodlines is great.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Bass_X0

others hate it because of what AVGN said about it and just go of that ..

Well he was correct about its flaws.

Also Ghouls n Ghosts.

A game can be incredibly flawed and frustrating but still remain somewhat enjoyable.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Omega

Ghouls'n Ghosts is flawed? I played the Mega Drive and SNES version to death and can't say that I found any flaws. Also the Mega Drive version (on the VC) is somewhat easy because you have unlimited continues and can use the suspension save. And even after continuing you start at the last checkpoint.

I think you meant Ghosts'n Goblins. But even that doesn't have many flaws. You can beat it if you are patient enough. (At least the Arcade version. I don't know much about the crappy NES version.)

But the problem with Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest is that the translation Japanese => English is total nonsense. The only possible way to beat this game is to look at GameFAQs (or elsewhere) how to do it.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Chomposaur

what part has you stuck on cv1?

I cannot kill Dracula ha even after doing the 99 heart stairs cheat and getting the III stone when throwing the cross at Dracula's flames ... after about 2 hours of shouting and swearing at the boss on stage 4 ( Frankenstein and his Flea ) and the clock tower on stage 6 .. So many cheep deaths lol

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

TheDreamingHawk

Reef7009 wrote:

Why does everyone rate rondo of blood so highly? Multiple unwarranted deaths , poor collision detection , a zillion enemies to deal with at once , dodgy controls , the list goes on! My character kept walking and whipping even though i wasnt inputting the commands! And u cant whip on the stairs unlike castlevania IV . This is overrated in my book

If you use Maria those problems fix themselves, and there are awesome music and cutscenes!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

You're gonna get a million different answers, man.
Castlevania 1 for the NES is the most classic, and I prefer it the most. However, it's also the most basic.
Castlevania 2 for the NES is the least linear, but it's also the easiest and most rough around the edges.
Castlevania 3 for the NES is the most advanced of the NES games with the most features and gameplay options that greatly extended replayability and made things easier for both the inexperienced and the patient. It is, however, the most frustrating, with some downright evil level designs and bullcrap moments that'll leave even the most hardcore of gamers fuming at the mouth.
Super Castlevania 4 for the SNES changes things up with a new gameplay style, and it's most technically advanced of the VC CVs. However, it also goes back to the level structure of the first CV, removing a lot of the gameplay features Castlevania III set in, which gives it far less replay value. It's also kind of on the easy side, and it's also a Black sheep in the series. I personally don't care for it, but then again, I'm a purist when it comes to CV.
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood for the TG-CD is a return to form for the series, bringing back the gameplay elements from Castlevania 3 while still keeping the difficulty below controller-breaking levels. The Music and graphics aren't as good as Super CV4's, but it's still pretty impressive at times, and the level design is very good, and it expands on the gameplay set by CV3 instead of taking it away. Still, if you liked the gameplay in Super CV4, you'll be frustrated by the less lenient control scheme in Rond of Blood (which is similar to the rest of the series).

If you're looking for a game to start you off with the series, I highly recommend Castlevania 1, because if you like it, you'll like the rest of the series, since they all build upon its foundation. If you're looking for an easier and more unique game in the series, I'd recommend Super Castlevania 4, since it's the most visually impressive and the gameplay is very different from the rest of the series. If you just want the best in the series, personally I'd say that's Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. It's the culmination of the series, expanding on the gameplay, with the best balance of difficulty, high replayability, some impressive graphics and sound, and some of the best level designs and boss fights out of all of the VC CVs.

You know, if I wrote this much for my essays, I probably wouldn't have flunked out of college at the time I wrote this.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.