Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Which VC Castlevania is the best?

Showing 101 to 120 of 131

AuthorMessage

ogo79

101. Posted:

Dracula X is a good game dont believe the internet myth

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

102. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Dracula X is a good game dont believe the internet myth

This man speaks the truth about video games.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

103. Posted:

Too bad Dracula X sells for around $100 Drac' dollars on eBay. :p
You've inspired me Ryno to jump on board the Dracula X belmont train due to it being almost a simular-yet different game all together....That's 'If' and when it becomes more affordable. For now when i get around to it I'd much rather sink my Count Chocula teeth into Bloodlines B-)

And I never knew about the original NES JAP releases having blood in them, that's pretty awesome and it kind of urks my Urcle the wrong way that the NA releases didn't allow it but it's not suprising. I guess at least in the NA it's what makes Bloodlines seem unique aside from not featuring any of the belmonts and being on the Sega Genesis all together.

You know what Konami needs to do? Make a traditional Castlevnania starring this Captain N hunk' lol
Untitled

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

vio

104. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

vonseux wrote:

Super Castlevania 4 the worst of them alll

wat

Swinging round and arround and that useless 360º whip are the most awlful mechanics EVER
it is also slow and brown

You're straight up insane. It's "'brown" is the best argument you can muster? The game is a masterpiece; the single best Castlevania ever made. Superb graphics, gameplay and music.

vio

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

105. Posted:

What would you guys say are the hardest Castlevania games? Iv'e been having trouble on the last levels of Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth, but I know the first game and Castlevania III are supposed to be quite difficult.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

106. Posted:

@iPancakez: Castlevania III. I can't even beat it with the 10 life code.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

107. Posted:

CIII is defintly the toughest in the franchsie, with Rondo easily next in line. Easiest without a doubt is The Adventure: ReBirth. Yet the original Cas' gets pretty deadly towards the end of the game where you have to up against Death, including the Knight Axe-tossing medussa riddledHall way leading up to him.He's even tougher than the spooksters of spooks himself 'Dracula'. :o

From toughest to easiest I'd rank them like this. B-)

1. CIII: Dracula's Curse
2. Rondo of Blood
3. Super Castlevania IV - (That stage with the scrolling 'down to up' platforming was an INtense Belmont Nightmare!)
4. Castlevania
5. The Adventure: ReBirth

Not counting II: Simon's Quest since it's such a departure from the Catlevania norm, plus it's challenge doesn't exactly come from taking down enemies, the platforming or the ridiculous mind numbingly easy Bosses, It comes from the crazy obscure "WTF" do I do moments where you're basically screwed if you don't have a strategy guide. Better yet, one of the first Nintendo Power mag's to hit the scene. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

FarukoSH

108. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

PhoenixAran wrote:

I'm sure this guy is thrilled for all these answers... over a year after he made this thread...

Haha, fair enough! But hopefully others can benefit from these replies as well.

On a related note, which would you guys say is the best Castlevania DS game? I'm playing Symphony of the Night for the first time and loving it, and from what I understand, the DS games follow the template for exploration established in that game. Which would you recommend?

i know this is almost 2 years and 4 months later... but you JUST PLAYED SoTN ? its by far the best Castlevania !!! and on the DS... hard one, on the GBA my favorite was Harmony of Dissonance, Juste Belmont was just too awesome. on the DS i would say Order of Ecclesia, i loved the story of that one, and the weapon system its amazing

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

109. Posted:

I'm wondering if I should get Rondo as my second game... Should I? (The adventure on GB was my first)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

ogo79

110. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I'm wondering if I should get Rondo as my second game... Should I? (The adventure on GB was my first)

yes you should have that game

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

brooks83

111. Posted:

Yes, Rondo is a fantastic game. I wish they woulda kept the original voiceover in the intro for the VC version though.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

112. Posted:

I wish Bloodlines and Vampire 's Kiss were on the VC. I'd get them. I only haven't got NES Castlevania 2 and GB Castlevania.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

113. Posted:

I'll never touch the SNES version of Dracula X as I've already beaten Rondo...Besides it will never come to the VC, and it goes for over $100 on eBay. Not worth the pixel pennies! And funk Castlevania Chronicles, with it's terrible looking graphical update and Chedder 'n cheesy PSX music renditions.

BTW, what's Vampire Kiss? Has Bass_Xo discovered a top secret sequal to his favorite movie Series 'Twilight'? :p Awesomeness aside, I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a Blue 3DS XL soon, so i can experience the final retro 2D'Vania' left that i need to beat in the this Whip wielding wonderful series. 'The Adventure'

But after that, there's nothing left....I'll be sucked bone dry by the count and won't having nothing to play. I doubt i'll dip into Portrait of Ruin or Order of Oclesia and especially the GBA MetroidVania's. I can't imagine going through another samo samo metroidvania again. It' a complete chore. SOTN and Dawn of Sorrow(The better game imo) were enough. :p And the new Castlevania coming out for the 3DS looks like a bloody disgrace. Hopefully Konami will get their act together and stop outsourcing their killer franchises to these silly western devs. Silent Hill and castlevania have been butchered because of this. What's next Contra!? Bill Rizer is going to get Rizafied.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Omega

114. Posted:

"Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss" is the European title. And it's a completely different game than the PC-Engine Rondo of Blood, it's a lot more difficult.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

115. Posted:

Untitled

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

116. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll never touch the SNES version of Dracula X as I've already beaten Rondo...Besides it will never come to the VC, and it goes for over $100 on eBay. Not worth the pixel pennies! And funk Castlevania Chronicles, with it's terrible looking graphical update and Chedder 'n cheesy PSX music renditions.

you have started off the new year wrong, those are classic games that youre missing out on.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

117. Posted:

Bass_X0 wrote:

Untitled

That looks like a NES box rather than a SNES box...

Now, I'm saving my money to get Rondo... It just BETTER NOT be pulled off of the VC... Or else I'll buy a PC engine and a PC CD and the rondo game on my own! (But that'll cost a lot)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Ryno

118. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

BTW, what's Vampire Kiss? Has Bass_Xo discovered a top secret sequal to his favorite movie Series 'Twilight'? :p Awesomeness aside, I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a Blue 3DS XL soon, so i can experience the final retro 2D'Vania' left that i need to beat in the this Whip wielding wonderful series. 'The Adventure'

Have it your own Burger King way but you are missing out on a Rondo of Blood 2 as I like to think of it while not playing Dracula X in NA, Vampire's Kiss in Europe, and Akumajou Dracula XX in Japan.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Reef7009

119. Posted:

Dont bother with the castlevania remix on there its carp. All levels very samey. Castlevania IV is much better

Reef7009

AuthorMessage

Aldebaran

120. Posted:

I would say Castlevania Rondo of the Blood is the best old school Castlevania not only in the VC but also out there.
I 've played Castlevania Rebirth and I must say it is an excellent old school Castlevania

Aldebaran

Twitter: shoryuken39