Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Whats the last few games you downloaded?

Showing 121 to 140 of 281

AuthorMessage

Ryno

121. Posted:

Yesterday I downloaded Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth. I know, technically not "Virtual Console" but "Wiiware". I have played up until Level 3 and so far I would say it is alright. It's a little to "cartoony." for my Transylvania taste but oh well, classic Castelvania is where the money is if you ask me.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

122. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Complete randomness, but didn't anybody else find DoReMe Fantasy heavily overrated?

[/div]

[/div]

thats one game not welcome in my collection

[/div]

Explain yourself! :p

@Ryno

Doremi looks pretty promising and it had me during the first world, but after that it just felt like a B-Grade platformer that wasn't in league at all with Super Mario World. It wasn't compelling or fun enough for me to keep playing and i rarely ever stop playing a game that i download. Yoshi's Story for the N64 was another. :p Yet playing Doremi is like an all you can eat 'TMNT Turtle Pie' diet. Tastes awesome at first, but you start to feel the sugary goop cruising in your spiccoli tummy and all you can think of is ending this repetitve sugar infused fiesto before you launch a mega wave of Punky Brewster pukage. B-)

As for Castlevania ReBirth. Ya, it doesn't have CI-IV's look or tone, instead it has a more Arcadey & colorful approach which is fine by me, i'll take anything classicvania over this metroidvania or 2D God of War 'Mirrors of Fate' stuff. You have to admit though, the music is kickin! B-) Also, i prefer the look and feel over Rondo, which was a bit too Anime-Ravey for my likey'

If anything ReBirth is too short, which is my only real gripe with the game. Yet one thing is for sure it has one of the best Drac fights in the entire series. 3 forms for Dracula, which was last seen in CIII.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

123. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Complete randomness, but didn't anybody else find DoReMe Fantasy heavily overrated?

thats one game not welcome in my collection

Explain yourself! :p

i like random games but i think it was overrated, although more imports are always welcome.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

124. Posted:

Banjo Kazooie.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

brooks83

125. Posted:

Today I picked up:

SimCity
Boulder Dash
Mega Turrican

All of these games are awesome from what I can tell. SimCity is one of my all time favorite games that I already own on my SNES, I just bought it for convenience. Boulder Dash is a fun, addicting puzzler that I had never played before, and probably the best C64 game on the service. Too bad we'll probably never get any more C64 games. :( And Mega Turrican is a lot of fun. I downloaded Super Turrican 2 a few months ago and didn't care for it too much, but Mega Turrican seems to be a better game. Maybe I'll go back and give Super Turrican 2 another chance.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Omega

126. Posted:

This month:

• Bonk's Revenge
  • Monster World IV
  • Magician Lord

I'm planning on getting a lot more soon. (Next month.)

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

127. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Banjo Kazooie.

What's that like? I've been meaning to get it.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

Omega

128. Posted:

Banjo Kazooie is like an awesome bear with a bird in his backpack. And unfortunately it's not on Virtual Console.
A review is on this website: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/04/banjo_kazooie_retro

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

129. Posted:

Omega wrote:

Banjo Kazooie is like an awesome bear with a bird in his backpack. And unfortunately it's not on Virtual Console.
A review is on this website: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/04/banjo_kazooie_retro

[/div]

Yeah I know because the rights to it are owned by Rare, who are owned by Microsoft now. But I can get it on my XBox!
And wow! A 10/10! I think I might need to consider getting this in the near future! Thanks for the link!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

130. Posted:

In this moment i download many games for play a lot this month:

• Real Bout Fatal Fury (Neo Geo)
  • World Heroes Perfect (Neo Geo)
  • Tower Toppler (my first Commodore 64 game!!)
  • Detana Twin Bee (Turbografx-16)
  • S.C.A.T. (NES)
  • Rolling Thunder 2 (Genesis)
  • Gate of Thunder (Turbografx-16)

This month i will be very busy with this retro (excellent) games!!

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

RedDevilAde

131. Posted:

Had a bit of a buying splurge today, Final Fight 2 & 3, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger, Ghosts And Goblins (Arcade) & Wonderboy in Monster Land (Arcade)

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

AuthorMessage

Hokori

132. Posted:

Dillion's Tolling Western
NSMB2
Sword of Hope II

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

133. Posted:

-Toki Tori (GBC)
-Art Style: Pictobits

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

134. Posted:

I am going to Kick a** and Chew Bubble gum and download Strider tonight. B-)
Untitled
Time to see what the FabulousFuss is all about once i stride and glide my way down to Russia and Ninjitsu
the the hell out of this so called Grand Master. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

135. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

strider gets a little tricky in the later levels, you will probably end up chewing more bubble gum than anything else until you get the feel of it lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

136. Posted:

Last one would be Super Smash Bros. - Haven't played it in so long.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

brooks83

137. Posted:

Today I picked up:

Prince of Persia
La-Mulana
Ecco the Dolphin

brooks83

AuthorMessage

MattEriks

138. Posted:

La mulana (today)
wario land 2
marvel pinbal

and im gonna get Cave Story+ when its realesed in eu

3DS FC: 4854 - 6530 - 1097 (MattEriks)
Why does the good guys win in games?
Because we have Potions
note to self Don't let the evil ones get any potions

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

139. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

strider gets a little tricky in the later levels, you will probably end up chewing more bubble gum than anything else until you get the feel of it lol

Tricky's my middle name...After William. :p
If the Hubba Bubba's just right, looks like I'll be playing Strider tonight. lol I have a tendancy to buy games and never play them. Well, at least that's been the trend for about 2 years now. lol

I'll be tackling Contra: Hardcorps on my Genny next! B-) Strider can wait.

AuthorMessage

brooks83

140. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

lol I have a tendancy to buy games and never play them. Well, at least that's been the trend for about 2 years now. lol.

Same here, I've probably only played through about maybe half of my VC/WiiWare games, and I think I am up to 102 games now lol. Same thing with my boxed Wii games. With those, if I stumble on a good deal I usually can't pass it up.

brooks83