Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Showing 561 to 580 of 664

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

561. Posted:

  • Mega Man 6 & 7
  • Mario Party 3
  • Mr. Gimmick!
  • Splatterhouse 3

EDIT
Also...

  • Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness
  • Ridge Racer 64

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

562. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah but because they are part of the MLB and EA has exclusive rights it doesn't matter who owns it.

[/div]

Ever heard of MLB The Show? EA doesn't make that franchise

Ah didnt know that. Honestly I wasnt to sure who owns the licensing cause I dont pay attention to sports games unless its FIFA. I just took it for granted that EA has the MLB licensing since it seems they have every other pro sports licensing.

Still I dont think Nintendo wants to spend all the money they would for the MLB licensing that the Griffey games had just for a VC release.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

563. Posted:

Well, in the case of SNES, I'm pretty sure only the team names were used and not the real players (except Griffy). (because I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix was somehow playing 24 years after his death, and on the Twins of all teams. :P )

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

564. Posted:

Yeah I am sure Nintendo is not going to release an officially licensed MLB or and other sports game again. The Griffey games were unique because Nintendo had just purchased the Seattle Mariners and they were kinda capitalizing on that. Also sports licenses were a lot cheaper in the 90's I'm pretty sure. Griffey was the only actual real player in the game like KingMIke mentioned at least in the original whihc is the only one I had/have. I remember getting the real roster from the newspaper and editing my roster in the game so it at least had all of the rest of the Mariners!

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ADaviii

565. Posted:

Mario Party 1. I would really love to see the first Mario Party there since they have the second.

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

566. Posted:

I 2nd Splatterhouse 3, then again i didn't find it nearly as good as SH2. But one thing SH3 does right is the usettling factor. Those realistic & dark cutscenes with Jennifer and that thing digging and eating inside her brain kind of disturbed me back in the 16-bit sega days pretty suprising and shocking stuff. The last time i was that creeped out was with Shadow Gate. :p I really need to get that CIB some day!

Untitled
Jason Vorhees meets Sack head Genando from Resident Evil 4
Too bad we didn't get the Arcade version of the original Splatterhouse, the Turbo whackFX version just wasn't up to snuff.

Anyways, I'm not counting on the VC anymore, obviously the Wii's coming to an end and whatever hot new & kickin release will just be a nice little suprise bonus. Like Strider, Mega Man X2, Double DII and Metal Slug 3. B-) I'll get whatever isn't on there that i want to play including Mega Man 6 and the oh so expensive 7 on cart and fire them up on my early 90's Tube tV Johnny Arcade style. B-)

And you know, i'm still suprised Capcom never bothered releasing Gargoyles quest or Demons crest. Guess I'll have to score those just in time for Halloween. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

567. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Yeah I am sure Nintendo is not going to release an officially licensed MLB or and other sports game again. The Griffey games were unique because Nintendo had just purchased the Seattle Mariners and they were kinda capitalizing on that. Also sports licenses were a lot cheaper in the 90's I'm pretty sure. Griffey was the only actual real player in the game like KingMIke mentioned at least in the original whihc is the only one I had/have. I remember getting the real roster from the newspaper and editing my roster in the game so it at least had all of the rest of the Mariners!

HAHAHA. Yeah I remember my friend and I editing the rosters for all the teams, good times indeed. Dang after all this talk I am tempted to hook up the SNES and go a few rounds against Griffey in the Home Run Derby.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

wolfhound91W

568. Posted:

Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Legend III
Castlevania
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
Jackal
Life Force
Milon's Secret Castle
River City Ransom
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo
Soldiers of Fortune
Super Metroid
UN Squadron

Too many to list, but I believe that this would be a good start.
Definitely need more RPGs and NES classics.

wolfhound91W

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emily_Rogers

569. Posted:

I interviewed Ryan Tracy, who worked on Turok 1, 2, 3, and Rage Wars for N64. In the interview, he said it would be great to see all of the N64 Turok games on the Wii or Wii U's virtual console. Really informative interview about developing the Turok series for N64. Ryan talks about what it was like working on the Nintendo 64 with cartridges, and how some people at Acclaim were surprised at Turok's success.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/08/08/former-ryan-tracy-...

Would anyone here like to see the Turok N64 games on the VC for the Wii U?

Edited on by Emily_Rogers

Emily_Rogers

Twitter: Emi1yRogers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

570. Posted:

@wolfhound91W
a lot of those you mentioned are already available on vc, i wont tell anyone you missed this.
this list is great: http://www.nintendolife.com/vc/games
and i agree soldiers of fortune is a cool game.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

571. Posted:

AD3Supa wrote:

Mario Party 1. I would really love to see the first Mario Party there since they have the second.

Not happening because of lawsuits (you did know about the lawsuits right?) & that being said I actually preferred mario party 1 over 2. :(
Edit: also some people believed it was planned then cancelled, I think that's not true, I think mario party 1 will never see the light of day (just like harvest moon 64) but everyone thinking it was planned than cancelled from one source (wikipedia)? I can't believe how many people believed that & I can't even find a true source who said that they actually planned a release then cancelled. Don't get me wrong I would want to see mario party 1 also on the wii vc but lawsuits are guaranteed to stop game re-releases & such.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

572. Posted:

Emily_Rogers wrote:

I interviewed Ryan Tracy, who worked on Turok 1, 2, 3, and Rage Wars for N64. In the interview, he said it would be great to see all of the N64 Turok games on the Wii or Wii U's virtual console. Really informative interview about developing the Turok series for N64. Ryan talks about what it was like working on the Nintendo 64 with cartridges, and how some people at Acclaim were surprised at Turok's success.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/08/08/former-ryan-tracy-...

Would anyone here like to see the Turok N64 games on the VC for the Wii U?

Not really. I wouldn't even download Golden Eye if it was on the VC. Great old games back in the day, but first person shooters have come a long way since then. There's no going back for me.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

573. Posted:

Golden eye's frame rate is below 30fps, which i'm guessing goes for Turok as well and that just doesn't cut it anymore, it's pretty painful actually. I Won't go back to Analog aiming controls either, so it's an enormous big fat juicy pass for me. And speaking of Golden Eye 007, i really need to try the wii sequal sometime. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

574. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And speaking of Golden Eye 007, i really need to try the wii sequal sometime. :p

It wasn't a sequel it was a reboot :P

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

575. Posted:

You know what i mean. :p
How was it btw? Can't say i'm a big Spy/James bond fan but the major appeal of the original was it's fantastic multiplayer.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

576. Posted:

Its pretty good IMO. Its not as good as the original but I do give them props for trying to give us what we want. Because its made by Activision it feels to me like a cross between Call of Duty and N64 GoldenEye. One thing is its not as stealthy as the original. Where as in the original if you go caught there was no way you were going to get out alive where as the Wii one you can blast your way out of a situation.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

577. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Not happening because of lawsuits (you did know about the lawsuits right?)

I don't think anyone ever actually sued Nintendo.
Nintendo said it's because people weren't handling the Control Stick as intended. (using the palm of their hand to rotate the stick instead of their thumb)

I think if Nintendo puts up a warning screen about how to play it, that removes their liability towards people playing otherwise.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ADaviii

578. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

AD3Supa wrote:

Mario Party 1. I would really love to see the first Mario Party there since they have the second.

[/div]

Not happening because of lawsuits (you did know about the lawsuits right?) & that being said I actually preferred mario party 1 over 2. :(
Edit: also some people believed it was planned then cancelled, I think that's not true, I think mario party 1 will never see the light of day (just like harvest moon 64) but everyone thinking it was planned than cancelled from one source (wikipedia)? I can't believe how many people believed that & I can't even find a true source who said that they actually planned a release then cancelled. Don't get me wrong I would want to see mario party 1 also on the wii vc but lawsuits are guaranteed to stop game re-releases & such.

I have had no idea at all about any lawsuits preventing Mario Party 1 from being released. I know there are issues when it comes to Earthbound though :( .

Anyway, could you tell me what the lawsuits entail and provide a link for reference? Not saying I don't believe you, but I just want a little more verification ;) .

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

579. Posted:

AD3Supa wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

AD3Supa wrote:

Mario Party 1. I would really love to see the first Mario Party there since they have the second.

[/div]

Not happening because of lawsuits (you did know about the lawsuits right?) & that being said I actually preferred mario party 1 over 2. :(
Edit: also some people believed it was planned then cancelled, I think that's not true, I think mario party 1 will never see the light of day (just like harvest moon 64) but everyone thinking it was planned than cancelled from one source (wikipedia)? I can't believe how many people believed that & I can't even find a true source who said that they actually planned a release then cancelled. Don't get me wrong I would want to see mario party 1 also on the wii vc but lawsuits are guaranteed to stop game re-releases & such.

I have had no idea at all about any lawsuits preventing Mario Party 1 from being released. I know there are issues when it comes to Earthbound though :( .

Anyway, could you tell me what the lawsuits entail and provide a link for reference? Not saying I don't believe you, but I just want a little more verification ;) .

This is the lawsuit I was talking about. It says that they span the control stick with certain mini-games, they had to give out gloves for the people who owned that game ect, ect, ect. Still I always will prefer mario party 1 over 2. Just like most n64 games on the vc they have like no chance except for mario party 3 sadly. :( (Don't get me wrong, I love mario party 3 also)

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

580. Posted:

AFAIK nobody actually sued Nintendo, but what happened is that people were using the controller differently than Nintendo wanted.
They intended players to use their thumb to rotate the Control Stick quickly to play many of the minigames.
But many players found it easier to place their hand flat on top of the Control Stick and move it around. Many players reported getting blisters doing that.
In response Nintendo offered free protective gloves to players who wished to continue playing that way.

KingMike