Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Showing 541 to 560 of 664

AuthorMessage

MrWezzle

541. Posted:

I don't think it's gonna happen, but I'd love to see NES Bionic Commando make it onto the 3DS VC. I know there were "issues" regarding why BC was never released on the Wii VC, but if they found it in their hearts to release the GB version, why hold back on the NES?

MrWezzle

AuthorMessage

KingMike

542. Posted:

Did the GB game (which I thought was a sequel) have Hitler's gory exploding face in the ending? (I played it some, but never finished it)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

543. Posted:

We need the Rocket Knight games. Those were great.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

atom

544. Posted:

I just want some Mortal Kombat games for any consoles, Jim Power and Mega Man 7 for SNES and a better online for SSF2 Genesis.

atom

AuthorMessage

ogo79

545. Posted:

super ballistic bacon bomber bros bonanza blowout 64

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

546. Posted:

other neo geo titles such as rage of the dragons, windjammers, samurai shodown 5, garou: mark of the wolves, SNK vs capcom: SVC chaos, KOF 99 -2002

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

yosoyyo

547. Posted:

Sonic gems collection being a downloable title and sonic mega collection plus and megaman collection and megaman x collection.
Yeah i just have dreams

yosoyyo

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

548. Posted:

I personally am not familiar with the neo-geo & you can debate with this pick but... Garou: mark of the wolves The reason why I said you can debate with my pick is because it's a later neo geo game at 688 megabits & it's too big for the wii's 40 mega byte limit BUT Metal slug 3 is also a later neo-geo game & it is bigger than mark of the wolves & is 88.5 mega bytes & Metal slug 3 is already on the wii vc so if metal slug 3 got on the wii vc I doubt the file size limit is the problem for Mark of the wolves.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

549. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Mother 1 (The only legal issue in the game is the hippie pretty much.)

The game's not in English. I've played RPGs in Japanese, and it can be a very hard experience. Sin and Punishment already had English as the only form of voice acting (a great coincidence), and all other import games don't require the understanding of Japanese to enjoy. I know Castlevania X had its menus in English, so it was pretty easy to just play. Not many people would buy the game if they couldn't understand what was going on or what they were supposed to do.
If it was an issue of legality, we'd probably already have it. They could change the song enough to make it sound different enough from Johney B. Goode to not get sued (which is the issue, btw. If it was about winning lawsuits, we'd have Earthbound by now, as well as Japan. But even if you win a lawsuit, you still have to pay for lawyers, so it'd be too big an offset to be worth taking the risk). The issue is that barely anyone would care to download it, unless if it was in English, which would cost quite a bit of money.
Nintendo is a business first. A business' purpose is to make money.
You seem to be aware of the legal issues regarding Earthbound, but here's an article that I found to be quite eye-opening, so if anyone wants to read it, here you go.
http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/earthbound-legal-issues/
Regardless, I'd like to see Rogue Squadron 1 on there. Lucasarts have put the SNES Star Wars games and Indiana Jones on there, so its not a stretch. Unless if the game was saved through the controller pack, in which case a direct emulation would be pointless.

EDIT: So apparently the game WAS nearly translated in English, but never released in the U.S.
.........Well I look stupid right now. Still, it'd be weird to release a Virtual Console game that was never released.
Oh, and why do those /div lines show up? They're annoying.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

ogo79

550. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

EDIT: So apparently the game WAS nearly translated in English, but never released in the U.S.
.........Well I look stupid right now. Still, it'd be weird to release a Virtual Console game that was never released.

it was finished in english, ive beat it on my nes.
Untitled
all mother/earthbound games are available in english and on cart now. even m3.
everybody was freaking out over not being able to play the first and third game in english, lots of crying and petitions, love letters to nintendo, others complaining to the wrong people, asking the wrong people and all that mess. i just laughed at it all because it seemed i was the only person who knew all this would get taken care of in due time.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

551. Posted:

I want to see MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. on the Virtual Console. The N64 version, I never got to play the SNES one. Even though Griffey's retired now, I'd love to see that franchise revived.

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos
Featured article: If Nintendo bought Rare...

AuthorMessage

moomoo

552. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

it was finished in english, ive beat it on my nes.
Untitled
all mother/earthbound games are available in english and on cart now. even m3.
everybody was freaking out over not being able to play the first and third game in english, lots of crying and petitions, love letters to nintendo, others complaining to the wrong people, asking the wrong people and all that mess. i just laughed at it all because it seemed i was the only person who knew all this would get taken care of in due time.

Yeah, they're on cart, but they're not official. Unless if you have 1 of 4 prototype carts in existence. If that's the case, you have something very valuble.
It doesn't matter much anyway.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Jumpman

553. Posted:

GoldenEye 007.
I can dream can't I.

3DS FC: 4940-5472-7344
I Always Tell The Truth, Even When I Lie.
I'm Stiiiiillllllll In A Dreeeeaaaaammmm, Paste Eateeeerrrrr!!
Decipher: 17, Community, Illinois, M
Do You Always Read People's Signatures or Just Mine?

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5472-7344

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

554. Posted:

@Jumpman

I'm with you on that one. My favorite game of all time.

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos
Featured article: If Nintendo bought Rare...

AuthorMessage

ogo79

555. Posted:

@moomoo
i was just saying there is another way to play them. the only one of those that costs 150$ is the snes earthbound cart, a mother 1 reproduction cart will cost you 35$. the mother 3 cart is gradually being offered in different packages that vary in price and it will eventually be available as cart only, which makes it about as cheap as the mother 1 reproduction. so yes, for those people that dont have 1 of like 5 prototype mother carts have that option of still being able to play it on their nes, its more official than playing the other way.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

moomoo

556. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@moomoo
i was just saying there is another way to play them. the only one of those that costs 150$ is the snes earthbound cart, a mother 1 reproduction cart will cost you 35$. the mother 3 cart is gradually being offered in different packages that vary in price and it will eventually be available as cart only, which makes it about as cheap as the mother 1 reproduction. so yes, for those people that dont have 1 of like 5 prototype mother carts have that option of still being able to play it on their nes, its more official than playing the other way.

I don't think its any more official. Neither option benefits Nintendo, and they have yet to give us one that does. I see what you mean though. There's just something about playing a game on the system it was intended on. I remember buying Ys 1&2 on the VC and being devastated at the lack of ridiculous load times for it. I loved watching the game pause while the Turbografx tried so hard to load whatever voice acting would come.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

557. Posted:

WiiUOnly wrote:

I want to see MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. on the Virtual Console. The N64 version, I never got to play the SNES one. Even though Griffey's retired now, I'd love to see that franchise revived.

I would love to see that too especially since my cartridge's battery died and I cant save my games anymore and I dont have the money right now to get it replaced. But I believe other than Griffey giving the ok the MLB licensing would be a problem since now I believe EA has that contract.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

558. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WiiUOnly wrote:

I would love to see that too especially since my cartridge's battery died and I cant save my games anymore and I dont have the money right now to get it replaced. But I believe other than Griffey giving the ok the MLB licensing would be a problem since now I believe EA has that contract.

Since Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners they should just keep the Seattle Mariners and make all the other teams generic. As Seattle guy I would only play as the Mariners anyway :P

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

559. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

WiiUOnly wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Since Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners they should just keep the Seattle Mariners and make all the other teams generic. As Seattle guy I would only play as the Mariners anyway :P

Yeah but because they are part of the MLB and EA has exclusive rights it doesn't matter who owns it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

560. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah but because they are part of the MLB and EA has exclusive rights it doesn't matter who owns it.

Ever heard of MLB The Show? EA doesn't make that franchise

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo