Forums

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Posts 341 to 360 of 639

Ryno

@Tasuki: You are the first person I have seen mention Smash TV. I have wanted Super Smash TV ever since the VC has been out! I should probably just buy the cart thogh, it is not going for much on Ebay.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

[quote=BetelgeuseWC77]

Tasuki wrote:

And does anyone know who owns the rights to Smash TV now that Midway is kaput? Did Warner Bros pick that up along with some of the other licenses when they bought out Midway? I would love to see that game come out as long as its either the SNES or Arcade version. The dual analog sticks on the CC were meant for that game.

Yeah, the NES version would be pretty bad, as you need two controllers per person to play it the "proper" way.

KingMike

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: You are the first person I have seen mention Smash TV. I have wanted Super Smash TV ever since the VC has been out! I should probably just buy the cart thogh, it is not going for much on Ebay.

I actually have Smash TV on Midways Arcade Hits Volume one but thats on PS2 and my PS2 is on its last legs so I would love to get this on the VC. Of course the mature like content could be another reason we havent seen this game on VC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

@Tasuki, tempting to get Midways Arcade Treasures for PS2 ( I have a B/C PS3 so hopeful) especially after I saw that it has Gauntlet on it too!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

rolLTheDice

Reala wrote:

There was a master system game called teddy boy that I liked a lot as a kid, could all be down to nostalgia I suppose but I'd love to try it again.

Wow ! I can remember playing that game with my aunt now. But i can't really remember what the game played like.
Also kudos to you for mentioning Kickle Cubicle, WaveBoy ! One of the most unique games i've ever played. And i think i could never finish the game due to the really hard puzzle parts back in the early ninetees.

As for myself i don't have any special titles i wish for. There are already so many good games i haven't checked out yet.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki, tempting to get Midways Arcade Treasures for PS2 ( I have a B/C PS3 so hopeful) especially after I saw that it has Gauntlet on it too!

Yeah its a good collection and Gauntlet is another classic. I mainly bought if for Smash TV but over all its a good collection of games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Rob_mc_1

I would like to see "Thunder and Lightning" added to the virtual console. I haven't played that in years.

I kinda wonder if it could even happen. Romstar has been defunt for years.

♠♦♣

alexhuerta

I'd love to see some of the following games in some form
Pro Wrestling -NES, seriously what is the hold up? we've been promised this one for years.
Contra - NES seems almost blasphemous to have a VC without this essential game
Kung Fu - NES
Arcade games i also want include: Sunset Riders, Mat Mania, Arm Wrestling, Run n Gun, Turbo and TIme Pilot

alexhuerta

Squashie

Someone may have already said this one but it has to be Pilotwings 64, I am desperate to try this one out!

Squashie, Video Games Journalist,
Nintendo Feed - Everything Nintendo, all in one place...

3DS Friend Code: 0345-0525-1420 | Nintendo Network ID: Squashie | Twitter:

Gamesake

Tasuki wrote:

And does anyone know who owns the rights to Smash TV now that Midway is kaput? Did Warner Bros pick that up along with some of the other licenses when they bought out Midway? I would love to see that game come out as long as its either the SNES or Arcade version. The dual analog sticks on the CC were meant for that game.

Assault and Virtual On would also benefit from the CC dual analogs. We need Assault!

@Waveboy Stick to Castlevania. Actraiser 2 sucks like no other.

...in my pants.

KingMike

I just never really got interested in ActRaiser 2. I felt that when the gave the player more moves, it resulted in more complicated controls. I recall getting frustrated that the double jump and diving were confusable. IIRC, you double jump if you tap the jump button a second time during the ascent of the first jump, and dive if you're on the descent. Wouldn't Up+B and Down+B make it clearer what you wanted to do?

Well, Waveboy, I suppose you wouldn't like to know the PAL versions included a similar Action Mode, except you could play at any time and your saved data wouldn't factor in that. (I believe you get 5 lives (no continues), default HP and no magic, but some of the orbs have been replaced with magic-changing and max-HP-up icons. Possibly an extra life for every 20,000 points.) The PAL versions had a difficulty select as well (I guess Hard is the Japanese difficulty, one of the others is the American difficulty, and the last is exclusive.)
On the downside, the PAL versions had slower gameplay (but proper sound). I'd guess if one were to use an adapter to play it on NTSC, they'd get normal gameplay with sped-up music?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Dj-hurracane

Duke nukam 64 and Loony Toons B Ball for SNES

Dj-hurracane

JustanotherGamer

I would like to see the Entire game library of each of the Retro Consoles on the VC. However that cannot happen because of legal issues with some of the rights holders of some of this games. Some companies are no longer in business. Acclaim for example or even Epyx! games which have long since gone under. So tracking down the legal rights holders to some games is impossible. Plus it would be a massive chore to re-write and correct 15-20 year plus old game code. To fix bugs in the game code so that it can run correctly on VC.

I would like the entire library of games for each of the consoles featured on the VC. But that is never going to happen.

JustanotherGamer

DaveGX

A couple of games I was looking fo recently today, disappointed to not find em on VC because i remember trying1 back in the day and never really understanding the game that well, Dragon Warrior, however many were made.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

SKTTR

It's due time for EarthBound, Chrono Trigger and Terranigma.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Taffy

For the SNES: Star Fox, Spiderman and the X-men: Arcade Revenge, Mortal Kombat 2
For the N64: Donkey Kong 64, Pilot Wings 64, Excitebike 64

That's not asking too much is it?

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

turtlelink

turtlelink wrote:

Lol I think I posted here already but oh well...
Metal Gear (NES)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Dragon Quest III (NES)
Starfox (SNES)
Jet Force Gemini (N64)
Mickey Mouse USA Racing (N64)
Bomberman Hero (N64)
Megaman X (SNES)
And thats about it...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Hankins

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Rocket: Robot On Wheels
Look forward to,,,just cant wait...

YES, We can!

Romstar

I'm really in the mood to play Earthbound.

Romstar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.