Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Showing 341 to 360 of 664

AuthorMessage

brooks83

341. Posted:

I'd be willing to give Pilotwings 64 a second chance. I didn't like it when it first came out, as I preferred the first game. But maybe my opinion will be different 15 years later.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

brooks83

342. Posted:

Anybody wanna guess at what game NA will get for VC tomorrow (4/18)? I'm gonna say Final Fantasy III.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

343. Posted:

oO(Nes)Oo

Contra :D
Mega Man 5
DuckTales
Kickle Cubicle
TMNT II: The Arcade Game
Double Dragon II
Chip 'N Dale
Battlletoads
Shadow Gate
Little Nemo the Dream Master
Mega Man 6
Kid Nikki: Radical Ninja!

And the oh so rare and underrated LIttle Samson. Personally I missed out on this gem growin up, and I'd really love to experience it on the VC....If not, i could always pay a fortune and spend $160 and nab myself the only copy left for sale off eBay....Ya right. :p

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

brooks83

344. Posted:

Taito has supported the VC over the years, so I would say Little Samson has a chance. I never saw that game growing up so it must be fairly rare.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

345. Posted:

Taito is gone, Square Enix bought them. I would hope to see Elevator Action Returns for the VC Arcade before Little Samson ever makes it on there.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

brooks83

346. Posted:

Square Enix may have bought them but they are still releasing VC games under the Taito name. The latest being Darius Twin last December.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

KingMike

347. Posted:

Taito didn't make Little Samson, another company called Takeru (aka Sur de Wave).
Takeru developed and published the similar game Cocoron. They closed in 1994, canceling both a PCE/TG16 version of Cocoron and a Mega CD clone of Cocoron called Pop'n Land.
So... possibly a rights issue.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

348. Posted:

Was just thinking, seeing a 1994 Capcom game (Mega Man X) released, that there's another release from the same year I'd like to see on VC: Saturday Night Slam Masters! Very fun and underrated wrestling game that should be on VC. And Metro City's Mayor himself, Mike Haggar is in it! Hard to find new SNSM carts for sale at Amazon.com too.

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

349. Posted:

Will Capcom EVER release Little Nemo the Dream Master? Seriously, what's the hold up?
I'm guessing liscensing issues, the same deal goes with TMNT II: The Arcade Game and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. Not to mention DuckTales and Chip & Dale....Looks like I answered my own question. Chazza!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

350. Posted:

The holdup on Little Nemo is probably the license. While it's true that Little Nemo is public domain, Capcom's rendition of Nemo is based on a 1989 anime movie.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

351. Posted:

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

Was just thinking, seeing a 1994 Capcom game (Mega Man X) released, that there's another release from the same year I'd like to see on VC: Saturday Night Slam Masters! Very fun and underrated wrestling game that should be on VC. And Metro City's Mayor himself, Mike Haggar is in it! Hard to find new SNSM carts for sale at Amazon.com too.

One of my favorite Wrestling games on during the 16 bit era. I was lucky enough to find it at Gamestop back towards the end of them selling used SNES games, I got it for $5 at the time. I still play it once in a while in fact I just played it with my son a few weeks ago. Whats funny is that hes 10 years old but so he didnt grow up in the 16 bit era but he likes Saturday Night Slam Masters more than the current gen Smackdown vs Raw games lol. Yep Capcom really does need to release this one.

Another one that I want to see Capcom release is King of Dragons and Knights of the Round. I use to play those games all the time in the Arcade and when they came to SNES with my friends. Also I wouldnt mind Magic Sword.

And does anyone know who owns the rights to Smash TV now that Midway is kaput? Did Warner Bros pick that up along with some of the other licenses when they bought out Midway? I would love to see that game come out as long as its either the SNES or Arcade version. The dual analog sticks on the CC were meant for that game.

@Waveboy: Yep you answered your own question there licensing. They way I see it is due to having pay a bunch of companies for the games in the end the result would be that bringing the game to VC would cost more money than other VC games. So if they did ever bring it to VC it would probably be more that other games cost for that system and in the end it would just cost too much to bring it to the VC.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

352. Posted:

@Tasuki: You are the first person I have seen mention Smash TV. I have wanted Super Smash TV ever since the VC has been out! I should probably just buy the cart thogh, it is not going for much on Ebay.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

353. Posted:

[quote=BetelgeuseWC77]

Tasuki wrote:

And does anyone know who owns the rights to Smash TV now that Midway is kaput? Did Warner Bros pick that up along with some of the other licenses when they bought out Midway? I would love to see that game come out as long as its either the SNES or Arcade version. The dual analog sticks on the CC were meant for that game.

Yeah, the NES version would be pretty bad, as you need two controllers per person to play it the "proper" way. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

354. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: You are the first person I have seen mention Smash TV. I have wanted Super Smash TV ever since the VC has been out! I should probably just buy the cart thogh, it is not going for much on Ebay.

I actually have Smash TV on Midways Arcade Hits Volume one but thats on PS2 and my PS2 is on its last legs so I would love to get this on the VC. Of course the mature like content could be another reason we havent seen this game on VC.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

355. Posted:

@Tasuki, tempting to get Midways Arcade Treasures for PS2 ( I have a B/C PS3 so hopeful) especially after I saw that it has Gauntlet on it too!

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

356. Posted:

Sega CD!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is all)

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

357. Posted:

Reala wrote:

There was a master system game called teddy boy that I liked a lot as a kid, could all be down to nostalgia I suppose but I'd love to try it again.

Wow ! I can remember playing that game with my aunt now. But i can't really remember what the game played like.
Also kudos to you for mentioning Kickle Cubicle, WaveBoy ! One of the most unique games i've ever played. And i think i could never finish the game due to the really hard puzzle parts back in the early ninetees. :|

As for myself i don't have any special titles i wish for. There are already so many good games i haven't checked out yet.

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

358. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki, tempting to get Midways Arcade Treasures for PS2 ( I have a B/C PS3 so hopeful) especially after I saw that it has Gauntlet on it too!

Yeah its a good collection and Gauntlet is another classic. I mainly bought if for Smash TV but over all its a good collection of games.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Rob_mc_1

359. Posted:

I would like to see "Thunder and Lightning" added to the virtual console. I haven't played that in years.

I kinda wonder if it could even happen. Romstar has been defunt for years.

♠♦♣

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

360. Posted:

Kickle Cubicle! Will it ever happen? B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy