Forums

Topic: What games you would like to see on the Virtual Console?

Posts 101 to 120 of 639

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I was going to get puzzle games, but I got arcade games instead. Good move.

WHAT I WANT
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

cheetahman91

StarFox wrote:

WHAT I WANT
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade
Donkey Kong Arcade

This. A billion times this.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Would it be possible to get the arcade version of Virtua Fighter 2?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Bass_X0

Game Boy games.

original Game Boy games = 300 points
Super Game Boy and Game Boy Color games = 400 points
Game Boy Color only games = 500 points

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SKTTR

Bass X0 wrote:

Game Boy games.

original Game Boy games = 300 points
Super Game Boy and Game Boy Color games = 400 points
Game Boy Color only games = 500 points

That's unrealistic.

Game Boy games are much more advanced than NES games, so they'd be at least 600 pts.
Super Game Boy 700pts
Game Boy Color 800pts
And Game Boy Advance are 32Bit, more than the 16bit SNES (800pts) but not as much as the 64bit N64 (1000pts), so 900pts would fit into Nintendo's logic.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JDesensitized

Power Blade, Shatterhand, Vice: Project Doom, Gun Nac, Ranger X, and Little Samson would be great.

JDesensitized

Rarewarefan7495

SNES
Space Megaforce
Super Earth Defense Force
Earthbound
FF3
Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2
FF2
Illusion of Gaia
Soul Blazer
Secret of Evermore
Terranigma
Seiken Densetsu 3

NES
Double Dragon 2
Jackal
Gun Nac
Mega Man 5 and 6
Guerilla War
Crystalis
Dragon Warrior 1, 2, 3, 4
Bionic Commando

Arcade
Killer Instinct 2

Neo Geo
Sengoku 2
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Last Resort
Shock Troopers

N64
DK64
Snowboard Kids 1 and 2
Excitebike 64
Bomberman 64
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini

Rarewarefan7495

StarBoy91

Hello, Rarewarefan, welcome to NintendoLife.

To each their own

SkullMan

I'd love to see GBA games on the VC. That would be awesome. Some Metroid Fusion on my big screen.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Bass_X0

Game Boy games are much more advanced than NES games, so they'd be at least 600 pts.

I disagree still. 600 points for games designed for a handheld which only supports four colors? No way. Sure we may have got Link's Awakening on the GB which is easily its best game but everything else is worth 400 points at most taking into account the small screen size and lack of colors. Super Game Boy and Game Boy Color games are acceptable at 500 points. But no higher.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

LordJumpMad

I was hoping we get some Dream Cast games, like JetSet Radio

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Bass_X0

Not until the Wii 2. Can't be done right now.

edhe

The world cup had passed a few months ago, but I've been thinking about football games and wondered why (apart from "Soccer" (NES) - the worst football related game they could have released) none have been released outside of Japan - the country renowned for it's love of football(!) (compared to Europe at least).

I've got a few in mind that I'd like to see.

First, the obvious choice (in that it was published by Nintendo) - Super Soccer. (Speaking of which, what about Super Tennis as well? Or indeed the followups (maybe problematic with their Snickers bar sponsorship). I've never actually played any of them, so I don't have any thoughts other than I'd like to be given a chance to try them. Developed by HUMAN, who, as you may well know, spawned Goichi Suda. They also developed F1 Pole Position 64, Clock Tower and the Fire Pro Wrestling Series in Japan.
[youtube:FdyeWExPZYg]
-
Next, Goal! on the NES - developed by TOSE (Starfy and Wii Dead Rising) and published by Jaleco (City Connection). Watch the video belo, and you will see the developers chose to add sound effects to the dribbling - baffling. I particularly remember being able to play as New York and other US domestic teams. Also, the developers commit the grave sin of conflating England with the United Kingdom by giving England the Union Flag.

The goal celebration animation was very rewarding at the time though (through my young eyes).
[youtube:-hu0A7s0JUE]
-
Next, a game I still own (but yet am unable to play) called Striker for the SNES. Americans may know it by it's longer title of "World Soccer '94: Road to Glory" and was developed by RAGE software and published by Elite systems. Both were small(ish) British companies, one is defunct and the other now concentrates on mobile phone games (specifically, conversions of classic games) which means this game will never appear on the Virtual console.
Features include being able to fully customise EVERY player and EVERY team in the game - with admittedly few options cosmetically. Plus, you were able to play indoor football - brings back memories of me thundering volleyballs against the sports hall wall (naughtier boys would aim for the expensive and heavy looking lights above our heads). The game has a very memorable theme as well - at least, if like me, you grew up playing it.
I'll let the video speak for the graphics.
[youtube:bVmLLmILrrg]
The theme song I mentioned can be heard in its entirety throughout this video, but if you fancy hearing it without the bleeps and pings of the interface, search "Striker SNES theme" and you should be able to find it.
-

Next, an obscure, little known title I somehow forgot. International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (emboldened, because it's awesome) for the SNES. Brilliant, brilliant music and gameplay, I fell in love with this game - even if I was only given two days by my best friend to play it. I got ISS 64 eventually, but this was an awesome game all the same, and one I would love to see. It was published by Konami and developed by Konami for the SNES, Factor 5 for the Mega Drive and KCE Osaka for the PSone.
I'd take International Superstar Soccer, but Deluxe, with its improvements would deserve to be on the Virtual console over the earlier version...
[youtube:u88AOoYAOQE]
-
Finally, developed by Probe Entertainment (who became Acclaim Cheltenham before being dragged down with their parent company. Throwback games - a Canadian company acquired a lot of Acclaims rights on their bankrupcy, which may well include this game. Game rights are a b#tch when a company purchases them, but doesn't follow through with them, eh?) and published by Hudson Soft, is Virtual Soccer, again, for the SNES - a game not unlike Striker (above) in allowing you to fully customise a squad of Matt le Tissiers (circa 1990) and rampage through all your matches - assuming you had minimal skill. I think I remember it having quite a clean, pseudo-3D graphical style as well, but have a look at the video below and see for yourself.
[youtube:ooSyyKkxKLg]
-
Then there's Nintendo World Cup by Technos and Nintendo. I can't be bothered to talk about that one because it should surely have been released in PAL and NA by now...

Out of all these games, I only actually owned one of them. I'd like to play the others again, but may have to settle for going r3tro.

That being said, some of these games have NO business not appearing on the Virtual console.

Tell me what you think. Do you remember any of these games?

[OH! and ISS64/ISS2000, plz]

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

StarBoy91

@edhe - Super Soccer, yes!!! Awesome game.

To each their own

edhe

StarBoy91 wrote:

@edhe - Super Soccer, yes!!! Awesome game.

And great music, they had themes for every country - even Wales!(Super Formation Soccer 94, which even with it's Snickers advertising was never released outside Japan, let alone the US). Germany's theme in particular ROCKED.

FYI, there were seven Super Formation Soccer titles released: Super (Formation) Soccer (I), Super Formation Soccer II, Super Formation Soccer '94, Super Formation Soccer '94 World Cup Final, Super Formation Soccer '95: della Serie A, Super Formation Soccer '96: World Club Edition (all on the SNES so far...) and finally J-League Dynamite Soccer 64. Out of all of these, only the first one - the Super Soccer we know and love was released outside Japan.

Surely Nintendo can let us have Super Soccer...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

manleycartoonist

dom77 wrote:

Super Mario World 2 - why are they holding it back? i have never actually played this game!

I beat it on the SNES and the GBA and would love to beat it on the Wii!

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

MetaKnight97

What I want is Gradius Arcade, The King of Dragons Arcade and MSX games.

MetaKnight97

lockelocke

SkullMan wrote:

I'd love to see GBA games on the VC. That would be awesome. Some Metroid Fusion on my big screen.

i could not agree more. why not? i'm guessing it has to do with the back compatibility on the DS (DS has a GBA slot, yeah?). "if you wanna play GBA games, buy Nintendo hardware!" kind of thing. but they'd def have some more money from me if they offered GBA games on the VC, tho.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

KingMike

Super Tennis was created by Tokyo Shoseiki/Tonkin House, and I don't know if they have a more recent name. But the game was so overproduced you can still find sealed copies on ebay or amazon for $10-15.

KingMike

Bass_X0

lockelocke wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

i could not agree more. why not? i'm guessing it has to do with the back compatibility on the DS (DS has a GBA slot, yeah?). "if you wanna play GBA games, buy Nintendo hardware!" kind of thing. but they'd def have some more money from me if they offered GBA games on the VC, tho.

Outdated Nintendo hardware.

Want to play the Super Mario Land games? Then you gotta buy a GBA SP or an older handheld. I'd have thought remakes of their Game Boy games would be one of the first things they did for the WiiWare or DSiWare.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.